Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Not So Large Ring Gauge Cigars

This is a discussion on Not So Large Ring Gauge Cigars within the Meet the Manufacturer forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; Hey Pete, Listened your interview with Dale on DWCR on the way home from work this evening and took particular ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes Steve D-cl's Avatar

Not So Large Ring Gauge Cigars

Hey Pete,

Listened your interview with Dale on DWCR on the way home from work this evening and took particular note to your comments on the sizes of your new La Riqueza line (hope I spelled it right) and smaller ring cigars in general. Its nice to hear of a cigar maker that hasn't dove head first into the large ring guage fad.

Might just be a Noella week for me....

Steve D

Full grown Puffer Fish kevink868's Avatar

Couldn't agree more, Steve. Ring gauge bloat is a scourge. I want to taste the wrapper, dammit! I don't want to pay $8 for smoke where all I taste is filler. Hats off to Pete for going old school with some classic Cuban vitolas in the La Riqueza line.
    I smoke, therefore I blog. www.TheBoxPress.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve D View Post
    Hey Pete,

Listened your interview with Dale on DWCR on the way home from work this evening and took particular note to your comments on the sizes of your new La Riqueza line (hope I spelled it right) and smaller ring cigars in general. Its nice to hear of a cigar maker that hasn't dove head first into the large ring guage fad.

Might just be a Noella week for me....

Steve D
    Thanks for the comments Steve and I appreciate the support. I am sorry that I did not have time to respond earlier.
    I am of lover of thin ring gauges and started with many of them 5 years ago.
    I will continue to make things like this for years to come.

Thanks again and cheers!

Pete

For myself - I think a smaller ring guage is a nice balance between filler -binder - and wrapper. I feel the taste of the wrapper gets somewhat lost on larger guage cigars.

Quote Originally Posted by baba View Post
    For myself - I think a smaller ring guage is a nice balance between filler -binder - and wrapper. I feel the taste of the wrapper gets somewhat lost on larger guage cigars.
    not me.. I like em footlocker size

I used to go for the Churhill or bigger sizes.Seems like in the last couple of months I have been moving away from them & smoking the smaller sizes.Love the Tats & Illusiones.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader happy1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JonDot View Post
    I used to go for the Churhill or bigger sizes.Seems like in the last couple of months I have been moving away from them & smoking the smaller sizes.Love the Tats & Illusiones.

Me too! Noticed I'm more a corona,lancero man myself except for the Nubs
    It is fatal to enter any war without the will to win it.
    Douglas MacArthur

for me it really depends on the cigar. So are better with small ring guage - some are better with larger ring guage. Tats and illusions are great