Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Shockingly there is a new fusion on the way...

This is a discussion on Shockingly there is a new fusion on the way... within the Meet the Manufacturer forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; Another new Fusion from RP... http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/lot.cfm?lotID=572192 I wonder if there is anything else that can some out of the Fusion ...

No longer a community member.

Shockingly there is a new fusion on the way...

Another new Fusion from RP...http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/lot.cfm?lotID=572192

I wonder if there is anything else that can some out of the Fusion line...Still trying to figure out where the double maduro wrapper Fuses the flavors of the 1990 and 1992...

On the other hand, I am interested to see the new Sun Grown blend, and the Summer collection...

Puffer Fish with some spikes MMarsden's Avatar

Dang, I thought the "Shockingly there is a new..." sentence was gonna end in Gurkha, but I guess that'll be tomorrow. And the next day. And the next day.

The plethora of Rocky Patel that is currently on the market does not make me want to try any of his stuff and I seem to constantly pass him over for something by Padron or Oliva.

Have you tried any of the RP Fusions? What did you think of them?
    <---When a man becomes a fireman his greatest act of bravery has been accomplished.
    What he does after that is all in the line of work. ~Edward F. Croker--->

I tried the regular, the first one I was gifted was ok, then the others were not good at all...ALL HYPE I think.

Puffer Fish with many spikes Rocky Rulz's Avatar

The amount of RP Bashing lately is getting out of hand. I will agree the Barber poles that Rocky is working on is just testing the market. I talked to my RP rep, and we smoked the ITC split decision, and it's not very good. Rocky is totally against the idea, but CI wanted him to do them. An Honest NO BS assessment by Rocky Rulz.
    If a Parsley Farmer doesn't pay his taxes, Can they garnish his wages?

Quote Originally Posted by MMarsden View Post
    Dang,

The plethora of Rocky Patel that is currently on the market does not make me want to try any of his stuff and I seem to constantly pass him over for something by Padron or Oliva.
    I highly disagree with that statement, I am of the mind that you can't really bash something if you have never tried it. I like Rocky Rulz love a lot of RP stuff by the way Rocky Rulz thanks for letting me try the RP edge I liked it a lot, which one was it exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky Rulz View Post
    The amount of RP Bashing lately is getting out of hand. I will agree the Barber poles that Rocky is working on is just testing the market. I talked to my RP rep, and we smoked the ITC split decision, and it's not very good. Rocky is totally against the idea, but CI wanted him to do them. An Honest NO BS assessment by Rocky Rulz.
    Where is all the bashing? You wouldn't be biased at all, would ya?

Rocky makes some good stuff and he makes some crap (and makes way too many exclusives).

Puffer Fish with many spikes Rocky Rulz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mitro View Post

Rocky makes some good stuff and he makes some crap (and makes way too many exclusives).
    Biased Maybe, However, I smoke alot of other cigars too. Alot of manufacturers have exclusive blends. I agree not all of RP cigars are great. Would you say the same of Pepin? or is he above reproach?
    If a Parsley Farmer doesn't pay his taxes, Can they garnish his wages?

Leading Puffer Fish cybervee-cl's Avatar

Never liked the Fusion. I picked some up, tried them, and used them as ammo to bomb people who liked them.

But the Vintage 90 and 92, along with the OWR are some of my all-time favorites! I probably have close to three boxes of them, and another 30 or so IT Super Fuerte in various sizes.

ibble: ibble: ibble: ibble: ibble:
    "Live your life as best you can, one moment at a time...... and when you put all the moments together you may have something worth remembering" - Humphrey Bogart

Quote Originally Posted by mitro View Post

I was not bashing, I just think that the exclusives are mostly not very good, and the barberpoles don't even look like the maduro leaf and the regular, the darker one is not as dark as the maduro.

Puffer Fish with some spikes g_flores's Avatar

When are these available?

Puffer Fish with some spikes MMarsden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by koolhandk View Post
    I highly disagree with that statement, I am of the mind that you can't really bash something if you have never tried it. I like Rocky Rulz love a lot of RP stuff by the way Rocky Rulz thanks for letting me try the RP edge I liked it a lot, which one was it exactly?
    I did not mean to bash Rocky Patel at all. I just find it very hard to decide which of his sticks to try as my first venture into his works. I feel the same way about Pepin Garcia and had my B&M not recommended his blue label for me I probably still wouldn't have ventured into his plethora of works.

Sorry if you thought I was insulting Rocky, I just feel very intimidated by the number of things his name is on.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky Rulz View Post
    Biased Maybe, However, I smoke alot of other cigars too. Alot of manufacturers have exclusive blends. I agree not all of RP cigars are great. Would you say the same of Pepin? or is he above reproach?
    Honestly, I can't say I've ever had a BAD Pepin regardless of who its made for. Can't say the same for Rocky. And the fact that the blend of th SG is changing, really makes me mad.

Quote Originally Posted by MMarsden View Post
    I did not mean to bash Rocky Patel at all. I just find it very hard to decide which of his sticks to try as my first venture into his works. I feel the same way about Pepin Garcia and had my B&M not recommended his blue label for me I probably still wouldn't have ventured into his plethora of works.

Sorry if you thought I was insulting Rocky, I just feel very intimidated by the number of things his name is on.
    Nah I didn't take it that way, but I would suggest trying any of the Vintage 1990 Naturals that was my first ever box purchase (robustos).