Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Not too impressed

This is a discussion on Not too impressed within the Meet the Manufacturer forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; Well...I'll start this off nicer than I expected to. I liked the MX2 but I liked the Italia more. Setting ...

Not too impressed

Well...I'll start this off nicer than I expected to. I liked the MX2 but I liked the Italia more.
    Setting the scene:
    Right now I'm enjoying my Friday afternoon in 73 degree weather on my patio with a cigar and a glass of Grants. That cigar happens to be my first CAO Gold and I must say...I'm not impressed. I had this sitting in my humi for a little bit and expected it to taste a lot better. It's mellow but to me, it tastes like someone soaked cardboard in moss and then wrapped a cigar with it. Then again...I am only half way through this thing so I won't write it off just yet. Sorry for the rant, there's nothing like surfing CL and enjoying the day so I feel inspired to write.
    -Tiny Mike
    Want ad:Want to open B&M/Lounge/Concert Venue, will use your money. PM if interested. Sincerely, Broke college kid.

The Gold and Italia are two different animals! I'm not a fan of the Gold, not really that big of a CAO fan period.
    HOLLAR if you smell my smoke!

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes stlcards's Avatar

I've never had a gold, but I had a maduro that I think was a gold maduro once. It had a red band. I really enjoyed it. Try the red banded CAO maduro, you won't be let down.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DBCcigar View Post
    The Gold and Italia are two different animals! I'm not a fan of the Gold, not really that big of a CAO fan period.
    CAO has a couple of good smokes, Brazilia and cameroon come to mind. Gold and Italia don't do it for me at all.

BTW, nice avatar......mine was made for me in a contest I held.....here.....where'd you get yours?

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    BTW, nice avatar......mine was made for me in a contest I held.....here.....where'd you get yours?
    lol, busted

I wasn't too impressed with the CAO gold but I really want to try the CAO gold maduro.

CAO Gold was one of the first cigars I ever bought in the box. Now I go for the Brazilia boxpress. Tastes change.
    "Come on, Old Man, I've smoked since I was 5. Mother insisted".........Gomez Adams

ReV
    No longer a community member.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    CAO has a couple of good smokes, Brazilia and cameroon come to mind. Gold and Italia don't do it for me at all.

thought that looked familiar, haha.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish CaptainJeebes's Avatar

My two CAO faves are the MX2 and brazillia. I tried a gold a while back and if i remember correctly, i was not too impressed...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish degarbie's Avatar

For me the CAO Gold wasn't a bad smoke, but I didn't get much more out of it than sweet hay right through to the end. I like something with at least a bit of complexity.
    I am no longer active on this forum.

Yeah I am not a fan of the Gold. The Brazilia box pressed are nice...just had one this past week.
    <---When a man becomes a fireman his greatest act of bravery has been accomplished.
    What he does after that is all in the line of work. ~Edward F. Croker--->

I see what you're doing!! Architeuthis's Avatar

Before Bigfoot tries to stomp on me... Squid needs to state that the most consistent CAO stick I've experienced is the Criolo... I've never had one of the shorties, but the Toro size has been pretty much outstanding... Beats the America in all categories IMHO...

jam
    Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes jam's Avatar

Cao has some great smokes I like Brazillia, now also in box pressed, Cameroon,these are the ones i really like
    hoohoo:~~Jam~~

I am now a HUGE fan of the Brazila Box Press! (thanks to a one Mr. Bigfoot ) That has my vote for the best CAO maduro stick...

CD
    I SMOKE cigars.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceedee View Post
    I am now a HUGE fan of the Brazila Box Press! (thanks to a one Mr. Bigfoot ) That has my vote for the best CAO maduro stick...

CD
    I agree.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast