Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

VL

This is a discussion on VL within the Meet the Manufacturer forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; I love the Gran Habano line - A LOT! My favorite is the 3 Siglos. I had a VL in ...

VL

I love the Gran Habano line - A LOT! My favorite is the 3 Siglos. I had a VL in the pressure cooker and figured it had been simmering long enough. When I removed the cedar sleeve, there was the biggest vein I had ever seen that was running down the entire length on the cigar. This looked like one of those veins you see on a horse's leg! I clipped it and fired it up. There was this awful sour taste I cannot describe. After smoking about 1/4", I tossed it. It left a terrible taste in my mouth for quite a while. I'll try to dig the picture up.
    HOLLAR if you smell my smoke!

Leading Puffer Fish cybervee-cl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DBCcigar View Post
    I love the Gran Habano line - A LOT! My favorite is the 3 Siglos. I had a VL in the pressure cooker and figured it had been simmering long enough. When I removed the cedar sleeve, there was the biggest vein I had ever seen that was running down the entire length on the cigar. This looked like one of those veins you see on a horse's leg! I clipped it and fired it up. There was this awful sour taste I cannot describe. After smoking about 1/4", I tossed it. It left a terrible taste in my mouth for quite a while. I'll try to dig the picture up.

After hearing that I can't wait to light up the two I have in my humi. Ummmm, sweat socks, with a hint of armpit!

Thanks for the warning ... er, post.
    "Live your life as best you can, one moment at a time...... and when you put all the moments together you may have something worth remembering" - Humphrey Bogart

Oh! I had the 3 Siglos on Sunday which was so graciously gifted to me by Stogie at the meet and greet with jim@mindofmen.com. I hate trying new ones , now I will have to buy some of those to keep in our stock. Truly a nice cigar. Thanks for the heads up on the VL, may stay clear of that one.
    Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader happy1's Avatar

I had some and gave most away,not a terrible stick but not what I thought it should be.The 3 siglo are great IMO
    It is fatal to enter any war without the will to win it.
    Douglas MacArthur

No longer a community member.

My VLs were pretty good as soon as I got them but I've got 2 that have been napping for 6mos. and now I'm just not too sure. Might hafta check 1 this weekend.

Puffer Fish with many spikes robisjebus-cl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by happy1 View Post
    I had some and gave most away,not a terrible stick but not what I thought it should be.
    yeah, your ass sent them to ME as a BOMB!!!

ya bastige!!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us, Cats look down to us. Pigs treat us as equals." Sir Winston Churchill

I have only smoked one VL and I thought it was a very good smoke. I haven't smoked a 3 Siglos yet, but the VL was better then other GHs I have smoked.

Interesting...
    <---When a man becomes a fireman his greatest act of bravery has been accomplished.
    What he does after that is all in the line of work. ~Edward F. Croker--->

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Stogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tx_tuff View Post
    I have only smoked one VL and I thought it was a very good smoke. I haven't smoked a 3 Siglos yet, but the VL was better then other GHs I have smoked.
    Frank that bbmf that I gave you saturday is 3 Siglos...smoke it.

That sux!

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Doogie's Avatar

I wasn't that impressed with the VL either. although i didn't throw it away

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Stogie's Avatar

I have only had about two VLs and the last one was pretty mild for me. More of a morning smoke in my opinion. The one I smoked was a bit creamy/nutty. The 3 Siglos is on the total opposite end of the spectrum since it is pretty complex and full of rich flavor. Wow that just sounded like an ad. haha! I guess that is why the 3 Siglos was rated so high.

Quote Originally Posted by tx_tuff View Post
    Maybe I got a bad one, who knows. I was shocked to see the massive vein. I am very shocked that cigar slipped through the inspection process.... Like Stogie said, smoke the 3 Siglos. I think you will find it to be a new favorite.

VL Picture Added

Quote Originally Posted by DBCcigar View Post
    I dug the picture up of the VL.
    Last edited by DBCcigar; 01-29-2009 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stogie View Post
    I have only had about two VLs and the last one was pretty mild for me. More of a morning smoke in my opinion. The one I smoked was a bit creamy/nutty. The 3 Siglos is on the total opposite end of the spectrum since it is pretty complex and full of rich flavor. Wow that just sounded like an ad. haha! I guess that is why the 3 Siglos was rated so high.
    The 3 Siglos is one of my new favorites. ibble:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast