Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Storing Tat Blacks

This is a discussion on Storing Tat Blacks within the Meet the Manufacturer forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; Originally Posted by Tatuaje In the Foil for sure and than either in the jar or in your humidor. If ...

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes ctiicda's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tatuaje View Post
    In the Foil for sure and than either in the jar or in your humidor. If you want to have some fun put the foil bundle in one of our Miami boxes that will fit the bundle in your humidor. This will add a slight amount of cedar over a period of time. Sometimes a little amount of cedar spice is a wonderfull touch on these.......

I dont believe u Pete send me a couple with that cedar spice LOL sounds like a great idea! I wish i had the space to store them like that! I gota buddy that still has his in tact i am gonna tell him to try it... How long should we keep them like that to see the effect?

Gracias Pete. You rock (on multiple levels).

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

No, no, no! You're all wrong! Here's what you do:

1. Keep them in the foil!
    2. Place 2 at a time in a ziplock bag
    3. Place ziplock bag in an old sock. (holy one is best for this)
    4. Wrap sock with 1 layer of bubble wrap.
    5. Wrap bubble wrap/sock/ziplock assembly in a Montecristo Room shirt (XXL only!)
    6. Stuff shirt in Montecristo Room Hat.
    7. Place entire assembly in USPS Priority 1 Mailing box.
    8. Ship box to Me in Idaho!

I know these are a lot of steps to go through, but seriously, if you want to protect such a special cigar, then it requires special steps and it really will be worth it!

Hope this helps!
    BOOSA

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

I'm still hunting down a canister of these bad boys. Any suggestions Pete?

Oh, and by the way... killer job on the La Riqueza too. Another box or three going into the new humidor when it is done next month.

Tha tis funny i do not care who you are... however golfnut messed up it goes to my house not his!

Quote Originally Posted by ctiicda View Post
    I dont believe u Pete send me a couple with that cedar spice LOL sounds like a great idea! I wish i had the space to store them like that! I gota buddy that still has his in tact i am gonna tell him to try it... How long should we keep them like that to see the effect?
    Try about six to eight months. The cedar will be just enough.....

Quote Originally Posted by ctiicda View Post
    Tha tis funny i do not care who you are... however golfnut messed up it goes to my house not his!
    no, no... you're both wrong... long term storage should be "cold"...
    and what better place for that than the Great White North -- so, it should go to my place!

Quote Originally Posted by tonyricciardi View Post
    Gracias Pete. You rock (on multiple levels).
    Just trying to do my best as a fellow cigar lover.........

Try about six to eight months. The cedar will be just enough.....
    Thank you Pete I will have him give that a try... then of course he shall give me one for telling him ur secret

Quote Originally Posted by ngetal View Post
    no, no... you're both wrong... long term storage should be "cold"...
    and what better place for that than the Great White North -- so, it should go to my place!
    I agree, send them all back to my parents house in Maine and when they are ready I will send them back to you minus a few sticks.

BTW, I am down in Nicaragua right now and finished my work a day early so I am lurking around the boards......Good to see you guys still interested in the brand........

I agree, send them all back to my parents house in Maine and when they are ready I will send them back to you minus a few sticks.

BTW, I am down in Nicaragua right now and finished my work a day early so I am lurking around the boards......Good to see you guys still interested in the brand........
    LOL we have just got the La Riqueza in and they are not in our computer system yet... people are in line basically to get them... Your stuff is on fire in our store thanks to me lol... only had to stay after the owners for a couple months non stop to get them in here!!! You do amazing work I have not smoked a bad one yet! However, the black and cojuno 03 are my favorites i think... there are some i still havent had though

still interested, your stuff and EO's stuff is the best stuff Pepin puts outibble:
    (__(JM)____}}}

hey, good to hear from you Pete!~

I chanced to score a few of the Blacks on a recent trip stateside, and I love'em! sorry I wasn't able to score one of those nice jars that they come in, but I guess that's how it goes. got a few of the others and some La Riqueza in the humi, recovering from travel, and I'm looking forward to trying them out too ibble:

take care,
    Rick

Hey Pete,

While you're slummin' around our board I had another quick question.
    I just got a steal on the RC 233's at Famous. They were on sale stating that they were being discontinued? Is that true?

Leading Puffer Fish WarHorse-cl's Avatar

In the Foil for sure and than either in the jar or in your humidor. If you want to have some fun put the foil bundle in one of our Miami boxes that will fit the bundle in your humidor. This will add a slight amount of cedar over a period of time. Sometimes a little amount of cedar spice is a wonderfull touch on these.......
    Damn.....now ya tell me. Foil had to go to get them to fit in the humi. I've got them seperated as much as possible, but wasn't going to chance them out of the box. Oh well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast