Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Storing Tat Blacks

This is a discussion on Storing Tat Blacks within the Meet the Manufacturer forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; Does anyone have any insight into the best method of storing the Tatuaje Black Label smokes? My options are: 1.) ...

Storing Tat Blacks

Does anyone have any insight into the best method of storing the Tatuaje Black Label smokes?

My options are:

1.) Keep them in the foil and in the jar and in my humi

2.) Take them out of the foil but keep them in the jar in my humi

3.) Take them out of the foil and out of the jar and put in a tray in my humi

I have my own theories, but I was wondering if Pete or anyone from Tatuaje had any official recommendation on how to store these beauties.

Thanks.

Full grown Puffer Fish TravelingJ-cl's Avatar

Smoke em if you got em!
    I travel a lot, I blog a little. Food, cities, RV parks, and B&M's.

mine are in the foil - in my humi....jars sitting pretty on my coffee table.

I put mine in the humi, in there own ceder box. You can send em to me for good keeping :-)

Puffer Fish with some spikes Phantom57-cl's Avatar

Definitely take them out of the jar, and put them in your humidor.
    "Vegetarian---old Indian word for bad hunter."

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Research-Colin-cl's Avatar

If the jar fits in your humidor just keep the whole thing in there. I've gotten a few jars of cigars aged in their own ceramic jars for many years and as long as they were kept in a controlled room, they were great.
    Check out my latest work at www.cigarresearch.com
    Subscribe to the European Cigar Cult Journal at www.cigar-cult.com

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes ctiicda's Avatar

The guys at tatuaje told us take them out of the jar and keep them in foil and just put in your humidor for 6 months... then enjoy... Keeping in the foil i think is the main thing...

Quote Originally Posted by ctiicda View Post
    The guys at tatuaje told us take them out of the jar and keep them in foil and just put in your humidor for 6 months... then enjoy... Keeping in the foil i think is the main thing...
    Thanks Charles! That's exactly what I was looking for. I had some theories, but I was hoping that guys at Tat had some "official" recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyricciardi View Post
    Thanks Charles! That's exactly what I was looking for. I had some theories, but I was hoping that guys at Tat had some "official" recommendation.

Pete may correct me but this is what I got from the guy tha answers their phones... really nice guy BTW

No longer a community member.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyricciardi View Post
    You got them already? Wow. I took mine out of the jar, and put in the humi.

Quote Originally Posted by Toasted Coastie View Post
    You got them already? Wow. I took mine out of the jar, and put in the humi.
    SO did I... not enough room to keep them all pretty and wrapped up....plu si wanted to smoke them lol

I will store them...

Send them to me and I'll take care of it
    "Nunc scio quit sit amor" Virgil

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

The best way to store Tat Blacks is to send them to me. I am sure i can find room in my big humi.

In the Foil for sure and than either in the jar or in your humidor. If you want to have some fun put the foil bundle in one of our Miami boxes that will fit the bundle in your humidor. This will add a slight amount of cedar over a period of time. Sometimes a little amount of cedar spice is a wonderfull touch on these.......

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast