Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

other olivas

This is a discussion on other olivas within the Meet the Manufacturer forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; did anyone ever hear of this before..... Everyone and their sister is looking for Oliva Serie 'V'. Why? Well, it ...

jam
    Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes jam's Avatar

other olivas

did anyone ever hear of this before.....

Everyone and their sister is looking for Oliva Serie 'V'. Why? Well, it received a 94 rating in Cigar Aficionado a while ago, it is relatively difficult to get, and it is made by one of the best manufacturers in the world - Oliva. Oh, and most important - it is an amazing cigar through and through. In fact, this cigar pretty much revolutionized the way we as cigar smokers look at 'full-bodied' cigars. No longer will we accept strength for the sake of strength - no way. Give me a full-bodied cigar that is SMOOTH, BALANCED, and FLAVORFUL. That's just what you get with the 'V'.

What's my point? Is this deal on Serie 'V'? Well no... not exactly. Here's what I have for you this week, and it may be the sleeper deal of the year.

I have a batch of cigars from Oliva that are very similar to the Serie 'V'. They offer a Habano wrapper and all Nicaraguan fillers like the 'V', but these are box-pressed and unbanded. They won't make more of these (I think because they are dedicating so much of their resources on the Serie 'V') so I'm not going to bother banding these and coming up with a fancy name. I'm just going to let you have first shot at these 5-year-aged, diamonds in the rough.

Medium-bodied, these are toasty with hints of oak, almonds, and cedar. Just a hint of chocolate on the finish. SMOOTH, BALANCED, and FLAVORFUL.

Oliva Unbanded Factory Mega-Sampler 20 cigars

5 robusto (5x50)
    5 toro (6x50)
    5 torpedo (6x52)
    5 churchill (7x50)

$39.95

or

2 for $59.95 (40 cigars!)
    hoohoo:~~Jam~~

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes Lok17's Avatar

If it is a true Oliva, I am sure this is a deal!!! There really isn't such a thing as a bad Oliva, specially at a 2 dollar price tag... I would jump on it if I were you. And I would myself if it wasn't for the vet. bill I have incoming tomarrow
    Arguing on the internet is like being in the special olympics...even if you win, you're still retarded.

sounds like a deal to me.
    (__(JM)____}}}

jam
    Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes jam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lok17 View Post
    If it is a true Oliva, I am sure this is a deal!!! There really isn't such a thing as a bad Oliva, specially at a 2 dollar price tag... I would jump on it if I were you. And I would myself if it wasn't for the vet. bill I have incoming tomarrow

Cant be as bad as my Vet Bill my Chocolate lab has on both legs torn meniscus and ripped acl had 1 operation and the other next week try and keep a lab from jumping and running for 12 weeks at a time. thank god for pet insurance
    hoohoo:~~Jam~~

joe you have a link for that sale?
    (__(JM)____}}}