Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Casa Toraņo....not sure what happened

This is a discussion on Casa Toraņo....not sure what happened within the Meet the Manufacturer forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; ...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

Unhappy Casa Toraņo....not sure what happened

Well, I lit up my first Casa Toraņo today. First off let me say, I am a HUGE Toraņo fan...except for this one.

For starters, the pre light draw, had such a bitter taste to it, it left my lips feeling like I'd just taken a bite of some severely unripe fruit or something. Extremely bitter. I shook it off and moved on into this thing.

Once I FINALLY got it lit, it had serious burn issues. I don't know what causes this (vein maybe?) but the burn line shot up one side of the stick about 1/2 inch or so making a little channel in the cigar that kept running ahead of the main burn. I kept fussing with my torch lighter to get this thing evened out, but never did really succeed. If I wasn't continuously puffing on it, it would go out. I've never worked so hard on a cigar before! The ash on it was jagged and gray and would not stay on. Probably because of the weird burn line I guess.

The flavor was not what I expected either. Now granted, I have had their
    Virtuoso, Reserva Decadencia, Reserva Selecta and Exodus to date and LOVE them all, and this stick must live farther down the ladder than those, but still, it didn't have that common flavor that the others seem to share.

The best way to describe it, was that it left a metallic taste in my mouth. I don't know if I just got a hold of a squirrelly one, or what! I have 1 more that my wife was going to try, but I don't know now. I hate to make a call on just one stick, something had to be wrong somewhere.

Anyone else have any weird issues with a Casa Toraņo?
    BOOSA

wow that is really weird I love these I would say if you have another give it a try
    (__(JM)____}}}

jam
    Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes jam's Avatar

I agree it was probaly a bad one try another
    hoohoo:~~Jam~~

Puffer Fish with many spikes smokem-cl's Avatar

All the Casa T's I've had...a few hunderd...have been great! granted they do get better with time, but I think you just got an odd ball. Give another a try before you pass them bye.

Yep, I think you just got a bad stick. I also am a fan of Torano and love the Signature series the most. In fact I just had one yesterday. I had a stick that I reviewed a couple of weeks ago...had the same situation with the burn. It was a very heavy vein that seemed to torch like a fuse up the side and it left a crevice as it went. This was a pricey stick too.

I say chalk it off to a bad stick that got through the check points and enjoy the next one!!!!
    "Pool playing and stogie smokin' go together like O.J. Simpson and sharp cutlery," - Mr. Cigar

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    I had a stick that I reviewed a couple of weeks ago...had the same situation with the burn. It was a very heavy vein that seemed to torch like a fuse up the side and it left a crevice as it went. !
    Exactly!! That's what it did. I'll bet that big vein is what threw the weird bitter taste at me too.

I have a few more (heh heh, dug around a bit Thanks Erick!) in the good ole humi, so I'll fire up another tonight. As far as I'm concerned if it's from Toraņo, it HAS to be good. What a fluke!
    BOOSA

Let me know if you have anymore problems with the Casa Torano...I'll get them replaced for ya.

Brian
    [SIZE="4"](__<CAO>___))))~~~[/SIZE]

Brian, thanks for that offer, but I am firmly back on the bandwagon for Toraņo! I lit up a Casa Toraņo Maduro Robusto tonight, and it was Heaven! Nice pre-light flavor, no problems at all with the burn, ash or flavor. Very nice!!

BTW Brian, if Toraņo makes Hats or Shirts at all, please PM me with info on where to purchase. I need to spread the message at the golf course!!

Thanks!
    BOOSA

Elder Puffer Fish Leader karmaz00's Avatar

think you might have got a bad stick give them another try

The Casa is one of Tiffany's fav cigars And she never has a problem with them. Glad you like the Maduro!