Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Blend Confusion

This is a discussion on Blend Confusion within the Meet the Manufacturer forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; OK so I haven't bugged our Arganese rep but I figured other people have the same question. There used to ...

Young Puffer Fish MithShrike-cl's Avatar

Blend Confusion

OK so I haven't bugged our Arganese rep but I figured other people have the same question. There used to be three rather confusing blends for each cigar.

The old list looked something like this:

Cameroon - Ambassador, Chairman, Presidente?
    Connecticut - Ambassador, Chairman, Presidente?
    DoubleWrap
    Maduro - Ambassador, Chairman, Presidente?
    Nicaraguan - Presidente?

So now there's a new product lineup and the Ambassador, Chairman, and Presidente thing has been thankfully nixed. So I would like some clarification of how the old blends translate to the new and simpler monikers.

Connecticut - ???
    DoubleWrap
    Maduro - Chairman?
    Nicaraguan - Presidente?

CL3 - HOLY SHIT THAT'S STRONG
    ML3 - HOLY SHIT THAT'S STRONG

Thanks,
    Matt
    †MithShrike†

Quote Originally Posted by MithShrike View Post
    OK so I haven't bugged our Arganese rep but I figured other people have the same question. There used to be three rather confusing blends for each cigar.

The old list looked something like this:

Cameroon - Ambassador, Chairman, Presidente?
    Connecticut - Ambassador, Chairman, Presidente?
    DoubleWrap
    Maduro - Ambassador, Chairman, Presidente?
    Nicaraguan - Presidente?

So now there's a new product lineup and the Ambassador, Chairman, and Presidente thing has been thankfully nixed. So I would like some clarification of how the old blends translate to the new and simpler monikers.

Connecticut - ???
    DoubleWrap
    Maduro - Chairman?
    Nicaraguan - Presidente?

CL3 - HOLY SHIT THAT'S STRONG
    ML3 - HOLY SHIT THAT'S STRONG

Thanks,
    Matt

CT. - Ambassador

Presidente - Full
    Chairman - Med. strength
    Ambassador - Mild

CL & ML - Triple Ligero - Full bodied and the strongest of all lines

Scott,

Thanks, I understand that Ambassador, Chairman, Presidente monikers I'm just wondering with the brand revamp if the old blends have transferred over. So I take it the newly branded singular Connecticut blend is taken from the Ambassador? Clarification would be appreciated.
    †MithShrike†

Quote Originally Posted by MithShrike View Post
    Scott,

Thanks, I understand that Ambassador, Chairman, Presidente monikers I'm just wondering with the brand revamp if the old blends have transferred over. So I take it the newly branded singular Connecticut blend is taken from the Ambassador? Clarification would be appreciated.
    Yes,
    Presidente, Chairman and Ambassador are strength descriptions. With the line revamp , Nicuraguan in all it's sizes, will be the strongest (Presidente), Maduro in all of it's sizes will be medium strength (Chairman) and CT. in all sizes that it comes in will be mild (Ambassador)

The Double Wrap I believe is Med. strength.

Thanks Scott.
    †MithShrike†