Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

*Now Hiring* Cigar Reps

This is a discussion on *Now Hiring* Cigar Reps within the Meet the Manufacturer forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; ...

*Now Hiring* Cigar Reps

The Oliva Cigar Company is announcing the creation of five new Territory Rep. positions.

The cigar industry is a dynamic and challenging industry to be a part of. It offers the distinct opportunity to do for a living what many of us do as a pastime. It offers the opportunity to share your passion of premium handmade cigars and to connect with those that make a living from this craft.

While any cigar representative can tell you about the many benefits of working on the road for a cigar company, it is also important to understand the more serious side.

The Oliva Cigar Company is a family owned company with an undying determination to position our cigars among the world’s finest. Our sales force is the country's best. They have become the best through constant dedication and hard work. Among the not so attractive parts of the job are:
    • Long Hours
    • Work weekends and Holidays
    • Heavy Travel
    • Constant Accountability
    • Pressure to Produce
    • Thorough Reporting
    • and much more.

As we open our company to potential applicants we do so with full disclosure. While being a Cigar Rep. is a dream job to many, it is important that those who are looking for a relaxed environment not apply. We hope that we have both energized the willing and warded off the incapable.

Preferred candidates reside near one of the following cities: Minneapolis, Kansas City, Dallas, Chicago, and Nashville.

For additional information, send me a PM or visit and leave comments at olivacigar.com
    Dave Wagner
    www.olivacigar.com

Full grown Puffer Fish BengalMan-cl's Avatar

I must say, this is an opportunity of a lifetime, however everything Dave said is 100% correct on the downsides. Be prepared to live out of a suitcase and have a Holiday Inn Priority Club card.

This is a great job that has a great upside, however be prepared to work hard 24/7. The family requires 110% effort at all times. I'm glad Dave offered this to the great people on CigarLive!

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Deuce Da Masta's Avatar

As you guys already know, i would kill for this chance! PM sent Dave

I think Patrick would be what you are looking for he is great with people and really a trust worthy person.Plus he knows a lot about cigar lines....
    Thats just how it is now deal with it!

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes Matt257's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paint View Post
    I think Patrick would be what you are looking for he is great with people and really a trust worthy person.Plus he knows a lot about cigar lines....
    I second this. Go Patrick hoohoo:

No longer a community member.

Damn, why couldn't New York be one of those cities!

Puffer Fish with many spikes robisjebus-cl's Avatar

Patrick is a great choice.

good lucky buddy!
    "I like pigs. Dogs look up to us, Cats look down to us. Pigs treat us as equals." Sir Winston Churchill

wow, i think i fit ALL of the prerequisites being a Noncommissioned Officer in todays Army (Long Hours, Work weekends and Holidays, Heavy Travel, Constant Accountability, Pressure to Produce AND Thorough Reporting and plus I'm from Chicago) but Uncle Sam got to me first! if there are any openings in about 6 years, i'd definitely be the first to jump on an offer of this magnitude.
    Be discreet in all things, and so render it unnecessary to be mysterious.
    VIVA LA RESISTANCE!

Go for it Patrick!! I think it is a perfect match for you.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader happy1's Avatar

good luck Patrick
    It is fatal to enter any war without the will to win it.
    Douglas MacArthur

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes ctiicda's Avatar

I gotta follow suit Patrick would be top notch! Actually I think u should see if Nate wants to move to one of those cities and send Patrick down to cover our store

Pat--

Here's hoping for you--

Don't forget your buds if it all works out
    Any time you try a decent crime, you got fifty ways you're gonna f**k up. If you think of twenty-five of them, then you're a genius... and you ain't no genius.

No longer a community member.

I'm contemplating a move to Nashville right now.. you have no idea...

Go Patrick!

WTG Patrick
    "The end of a good smoke is a little saddening. In some regard, it's a bit like losing a best friend who had time to sit and listen."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast