Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

The official Oliva Cigar thread

This is a discussion on The official Oliva Cigar thread within the Meet the Manufacturer forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; The Oliva Connecticut Reserve begins shipping tomorrow! Below are sizes and prices. Please keep in mind this is MSRP and ...

Puffer Fish with many spikes BengalMan's Avatar

Re: The official Oliva Cigar thread

The Oliva Connecticut Reserve begins shipping tomorrow! Below are sizes and prices. Please keep in mind this is MSRP and will vary from state to state due to each state's OTP taxes. All are 20 count boxes.

Robusto - 5x50 - $4.50
    Toro - 6x50 - $5.50
    Torpedo - 6.5x52 - $6.50
    Churchill - 7x50 - $6.50
    Lonsdale - 6.5x44 - $4.30

I hope my buddy over at Jake Cigar's has these coming.

Guess I'll have to ask t'morrow
    Tatuaje/Oliva Whore. Yup-yup.

Quote Originally Posted by BengalMan View Post
    The Oliva Connecticut Reserve begins shipping tomorrow! Below are sizes and prices. Please keep in mind this is MSRP and will vary from state to state due to each state's OTP taxes. All are 20 count boxes.

Robusto - 5x50 - $4.50
    Toro - 6x50 - $5.50
    Torpedo - 6.5x52 - $6.50
    Churchill - 7x50 - $6.50
    Lonsdale - 6.5x44 - $4.30
    Sweet, looking forward to trying these!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish ashmaster's Avatar

Ian...appreciate the heads-up, will start keeping a lookout for these.

Thanks!!!
    "A cigar ought not to be smoked solely with the mouth, but with the hand, the eyes, and with the spirit." -- Zino Davidoff

I see what you're doing!! Architeuthis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tx_tuff View Post
    Ron still has some boxes at Serious Cigars Oliva Cigars from SeriousCigars.com
    Squid® missed out on these except for one I was gifted... I'm completely out of room to store cigars anyway though... <G>

I see what you're doing!! Architeuthis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Architeuthis View Post
    Any new Lancero's on the horizon? Good stuff!
    I ask again...

Quote Originally Posted by Architeuthis View Post
    I ask again...
    Nope.

Newbie in the ocean

I am wondering if the old Oliva "O" Bold (with the red cloth band) can still be found in ANY place at all anymore...I used to love this cigar and I don't understand why Oliva discontinued it. I don't think the New O is the same blend, based on what I've tasted. Maybe, just maybe we could convince the family to put it out again, or a cigar with the same blend?
    If anyne knows where I can still find these (a lot of un-updated sites claim to have them, but then they tell me they don't when I ask). Or, if anyone actually has these in their 'dor and are willing to part with them, that would be great.
    Thanks....

Puffer Fish with some spikes runningonmt64's Avatar

I picked up a fiver of the Robusto O's from the devil site for $15. They are sitting in the Humi as I speak and then I grabbed a Master Blend from my local B&M. I love this product, all Olivas are great!
    Leadership vs Management
    When Noah heard the weather forecast he ordered the building of the ark. - Leadership
    Then he looked around and said, "Make sure the elephants don't see what the rabbits are up to." - Management

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky74 View Post
    I am wondering if the old Oliva "O" Bold (with the red cloth band) can still be found in ANY place at all anymore...I used to love this cigar and I don't understand why Oliva discontinued it. I don't think the New O is the same blend, based on what I've tasted. Maybe, just maybe we could convince the family to put it out again, or a cigar with the same blend?
    If anyne knows where I can still find these (a lot of un-updated sites claim to have them, but then they tell me they don't when I ask). Or, if anyone actually has these in their 'dor and are willing to part with them, that would be great.
    Thanks....

Anytime I have seen anybdy ask this question in the past anybody from Oliva will tell you it is the same blend. The Red band is the Serie O and the Blue is the Serie O Maduro.

Newbie in the ocean

Hey that's great, but what is the "Devil site" you are talking about? I never heard of it. Do they have the Old Bold's there?

As for the Old O Bold being the same as the New O, I am not sure you are correct--the Old O "classic" IS the same as the Serie O (although some have said even that blend has changed too.). But there is no new "Serie" version of the "O" Bold which was a different blend than the O classic.
    The New Serie O, from what I've read, is an SG Habano wrapper with Habano filler and Binder.
    The old O Bold was a Nic. SG wrapper, Mexican binder and Mex/Nic filler.

I got to meet a rep from Oliva in Gettysburg. Seemed like a nice guy, didn't get to talk to him, because there was an Oliva event and Oliva also supplied the cigars for the cigars and brandy event at the Gettysburg Reenactors' Appreciation Weekend...

I really enjoyed it, as well as the O that I had at the C&B event!
    What can I say?

Smoked the new Connecticut last week. Not bad. A little mild for me, but the finish blew a little pepper in my nose! The burn, draw, and construction were excellent!
    HOLLAR if you smell my smoke!

Anytime I have seen anybdy ask this question in the past anybody from Oliva will tell you it is the same blend. The Red band is the Serie O and the Blue is the Serie O Maduro.
    I've been told the same thing....
    HOLLAR if you smell my smoke!

Not correct, the O BOLD was indeed a different blend that was discontinued.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast