Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

AVO contact info

This is a discussion on AVO contact info within the Meet the Manufacturer forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; I'm trying to locate a certain AVO that I just happen to need to replace for someone. Does anyone have ...

  
  1. #1

    Captain Obvious travowen's Avatar


     

    AVO contact info

    I'm trying to locate a certain AVO that I just happen to need to replace for someone. Does anyone have a contact @ AVO?

    See details @ newb with AVO question help!

    Thanks

    Travis

  2. #2

    JCK
    JCK is offline
    Elder Puffer Fish Leader JCK's Avatar


     

    Re: AVO contact info

    I would try contact options at AVO: Homepage

    I've looked around there for the band you were describing, but didn't run across any white bands.

    PhP007 is a good source of info for AVOs.

    Corona Cigar lounge in Orlando or Tampa (I forget the city) is a good source for AVO information. I believe AVO still spends a good bit of time in that lounge.
    Or you could try looking up any Davidoff Retailer. They will probably have a good bit of information regarding the AVO lines.
    Ji

  3. #3

    Captain Obvious travowen's Avatar


     

    Re: AVO contact info

    Thanks.
    Your AVitar makes it look like you ride what is it that you have?

    Trav

  4. #4

    JCK
    JCK is offline
    Elder Puffer Fish Leader JCK's Avatar


     

    Re: AVO contact info

    You're welcome.. That is an 04 Kawasaki ZX10R
    Ji

  5. #5

    Captain Obvious travowen's Avatar


     

    Re: AVO contact info

    Quote Originally Posted by JCK View Post
    You're welcome.. That is an 04 Kawasaki ZX10R
    She's not slow I know, I've had an 05 but now ride a motard 650, I'm out with a broken collar bone right now though.

    I called Davidoff and they were no help seems like no one keeps records of past cigars, they said it could have been a model only released outside of the US

  6. #6

    Evolving Lead Puffer Fish php007's Avatar


     

    Re: AVO contact info

    Trav,

    Have you asked your Father inlaw what it might be?

    I own just about every AVO produced with and without a lable, but none match what you describe.
    Last edited by Cypress; 02-20-2009 at 02:30 PM.

  7. #7

    Scratching Itches chippewastud79's Avatar


     

    Re: AVO contact info

    Never heard or seen any AVO that you described
    You can never have too many cigars, they are like an investment in good times.

  8. #8

    Captain Obvious travowen's Avatar


     

    Re: AVO contact info

    It's figured out thanks folks.

    Paul thank you for your expertise.

    Regards,

    Travis

    Quote Originally Posted by chippewastud79 View Post
    Never heard or seen any AVO that you described

  9. #9

    JCK
    JCK is offline
    Elder Puffer Fish Leader JCK's Avatar


     

    Re: AVO contact info

    Curious Trav.. what was it?
    Ji

  10. #10

    Captain Obvious travowen's Avatar


     

    Re: AVO contact info

    So I called the Corona Cigar Bar in Orlando, they drew a blank and gave me Davidoff of Geneva's #. The lady there in Geneva was no help and sent me to Davidoff on Madison Ave? They were no help either. php007 (Paul) gave me a call here at the motorcycle shop to assure me that I must have been abducted by aliens b/c that band has never existed.

    Long story short, I thought I'd do the good thing and try and track down a cigar that I thought I remembered correctly. Add to the fact it was a wedding weekend at a lake house and I had a great time that took a long time to recover from.

    My father in law to-be doesn't smoke a whole bunch of cigars; 1 or 2 a month. So I think per Paul's suggestion and everyone else I'll just get him an 80th Anv. It's not like a smoked a pre-Castro in his 98% correct vintage Cadillac V-12 with a wet swim suit.

    So thanks to everybody for jumping in to help out, I can even access this site at work!

    Trav

    spell check

  11. #11

    Puffer Fish with many spikes sboyajian's Avatar


     

    Re: AVO contact info

    tell your father in law to grow a set and learn to share..

    If he wants an Avo that bad, I'll send him one.

  12. #12

    JCK
    JCK is offline
    Elder Puffer Fish Leader JCK's Avatar


     

    Re: AVO contact info

    Quote Originally Posted by sboyajian View Post
    tell your father in law to grow a set and learn to share..

    If he wants an Avo that bad, I'll send him one.
    There's more to the story.

    newb with AVO question help!

    I don't believe it's a question of Trav's father-in-law being stingy, but Trav doing the right thing in replacing a smoke that he took the liberty to smoke without permission. (I'm assuming he didn't have permission).
    Ji

  13. #13

    Puffer Fish with many spikes sboyajian's Avatar


     

    Re: AVO contact info

    Quote Originally Posted by JCK View Post
    There's more to the story.

    newb with AVO question help!

    I don't believe it's a question of Trav's father-in-law being stingy, but Trav doing the right thing in replacing a smoke that he took the liberty to smoke without permission. (I'm assuming he didn't have permission).
    ahh.. yes.. the proverbial take without asking.. I was under the impression that it was a "have a cigar".. and he just so happened to grab the one that his FIL didn't want him to take..

    Well, if you need to replace it, an 80th is a good way to do it.. if you want to replace it and win points, give him a 787 or a LE on top of it.

  14. #14

    Captain Obvious travowen's Avatar


     

    Re: AVO contact info

    Quote Originally Posted by sboyajian View Post
    ahh.. yes.. the proverbial take without asking.. I was under the impression that it was a "have a cigar".. and he just so happened to grab the one that his FIL didn't want him to take..

    Well, if you need to replace it, an 80th is a good way to do it.. if you want to replace it and win points, give him a 787 or a LE on top of it.
    Better idea.

    I've just finished building a humidor for him. Not out of traditional woods but out of cherry and purple heart. I took off work for a few days and have another coat of clear gloss to apply. I'll post pics later.

    Can't believe this thread's still up and running.

    Trav

  15. #15

    Captain Obvious travowen's Avatar


     

    Re: AVO contact info

    It was a Lounge series by the way, I'm an idiot. So I sent him a six pack instead with a RP Vin 92, Padilla Hybrid, Camacho SLR, Torano 1959, Gurka Conn. and a 5 vegas A.

    Quote Originally Posted by travowen View Post
    Better idea.

    I've just finished building a humidor for him. Not out of traditional woods but out of cherry and purple heart. I took off work for a few days and have another coat of clear gloss to apply. I'll post pics later.

    Can't believe this thread's still up and running.

    Trav

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •