Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Esteban Carreras Cigars

This is a discussion on Esteban Carreras Cigars within the Meet the Manufacturer forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; coming from California these cigars are no joke. Making its way to the east coast...and coming to a retail shop ...

Newbie in the ocean

Thumbs up Esteban Carreras Cigars

coming from California these cigars are no joke. Making its way to the east coast...and coming to a retail shop near you. Take it from me there are GREAT. Here is a little info about their cigars....

10 Anos & Habano line are manufactured for us by Abdel Fernandez in Esteli, Nicaragua. Abdel, once a protege of Alejandro Robaina (known as the Godfather of Cuban cigars) partnered up along with Craig Cunningham (owner of Esteban Carreras) to create these 2 lines of cigars. The Dias Anos, known for its rich complex flavor & the Habano known for its full bodied profile are a sign of things to come from this super premium boutique cigar company and rising star Abdel Fernandez.

the Connecticut & our 1961 Cameroon are manufactured by La Aurora in Santiago, Dominican Republic. The Connecticut is a smooth mild blend of aged Dominican binder & filler tobacco sporting a smooth golden Ecuador Connecticut wrapper. The 1961 Cameroon has an 8 year old Cameroon wrapper with an Ecuadorian binder and Dominican & Nicaraguan filler tobacco. This masterfully crafted cigar is like no other Cameroon on the market, the use of the Nicargauan filler gives this cigar a smooth peppery flavor while the Ecuadorian binder balances out the cigar with a slight sweet spicy flavor.

Contact Patrick at pvivalo@yahoo.com

Thanks,
    Havana Steve

Leading Puffer Fish baddddmonkey's Avatar

Re: Esteban Carreras Cigars

I had one of the 10 Anos about a week ago that my friend gifted me in November. That time in the humi did it wonders! It was an amazing smoke. I am sad that it's being discontinued (I think). They are on Famous anyways. If I had the $$$, I'd definately sit on a box or two of them!

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Cigary's Avatar

Soooo,,,is this cigar just coming out or are they being discontinued,,,not sure from both posts above.
    A mind is like a parachute...it works best when it's open.

they arent my thing,, really

Moved this to "Meet the Manufacturer section". I have smoked the Habano line, it comes in natural and maduro. Anyway I think it is new on the market. It was a very good smoke, I think most guys around here would like it.

Young Puffer Fish

Just finished a box of these. Looking for another. These were quite good, especially for the price (~$30 a box). Though I have been stuck with 3-4 in the box being plugged pretty badly. Great flavor and price though!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish ashmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodomanaz View Post
    Just finished a box of these. Looking for another. These were quite good, especially for the price (~$30 a box). Though I have been stuck with 3-4 in the box being plugged pretty badly. Great flavor and price though!
    Which box did you have?

I rec'd a couple 10 Anos Maduro several months back, smoked one "fresh", thought it wasn't bad and had potential. This other one is still sleeping. Here is a little something I wrote about it.

"Enjoyed the cigar. The burn was pretty good, lots of smoke, good draw. The cigar opened w/ a pop of spice then mellowed to a smooth sometime creamy smoke w/ cocoa/coffee tones, nice and relaxing. The last third got too leathery (needs aging). I will have another."
    "A cigar ought not to be smoked solely with the mouth, but with the hand, the eyes, and with the spirit." -- Zino Davidoff

BMT

Esteban Carreras started a few years back and have gradually increased their following. Here in Texas last time I heard they were reped by David Brophy great guy. Meet the owner at a shop called Two Brothers Cigar when he passed thru town. Seemed like he was taking a real hands on approach growing his cigar company.
    "Whiskey River Smoke Out" 3/12-14/09 a 70 acre cigar & tobacco festival at Willie Nelson's Place!http://www.bmtobacco.com

I bought a box of the corojo and love 'em. I do know the regular EC line is discontinued....
    HOLLAR if you smell my smoke!

Young Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by ashmaster View Post
    Which box did you have?

I rec'd a couple 10 Anos Maduro several months back, smoked one "fresh", thought it wasn't bad and had potential. This other one is still sleeping. Here is a little something I wrote about it.

"Enjoyed the cigar. The burn was pretty good, lots of smoke, good draw. The cigar opened w/ a pop of spice then mellowed to a smooth sometime creamy smoke w/ cocoa/coffee tones, nice and relaxing. The last third got too leathery (needs aging). I will have another."
    The espresso.

Full grown Puffer Fish BigRay023's Avatar

They just did a cigar tasting here for John T's a couple weeks ago.
    I saved my 10anos and havent smoked it yet but the Habano natural and maduro I smoked were great. Max the rep. that put it on was a great friendly guy and I had a awesome time....I will be buying more in the future.
    Fight Crime SHOOT BACK

Ligero Lama of Lincoln Saint Jimbob's Avatar

A few boxes of various EC cigars showed up last month at one of my local shops. I bought a couple of the Habano maduro, and they're black pepper bombs. First inch is almost all pepper. I may try the Dias Ano, but at $10/each, I'm not in a hurry to do so.

Newbie in the ocean

Quote Originally Posted by Cigary View Post
    Soooo,,,is this cigar just coming out or are they being discontinued,,,not sure from both posts above.

No the EC Impresso came out years ago, the bands have changed since and the production has become even better. I've met Craig Cunningham who is the owner and he explained to me how the draw test ever cigar, and just the amount of quality and time they put into their cigars. I have never had a bad EC, I have bought multiple boxes and they truly are some of the best cigars out there. The 10 Anos is my fav, but the Habano, 1961, and Impresso are all fantastic. The Conneticut is great as well, but I prefer more of a full cigar. I highly recommended them.

I tried the Connecticut at a local B&M today & thought is was great!
    Not an Aficionado...

Possum on a gumbush! andrewsutherland2002's Avatar

The only Esteban Carrera smokes I've had were made by Rocky Patel...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast