Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 117

Torano cigars

This is a discussion on Torano cigars within the Meet the Manufacturer forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; Originally Posted by orca99usa Mr. Torano, Good to see you on the forum. I have enjoyed many of the cigars ...

  
  1. #46

    Young Puffer Fish


     

    Re: Torano cigars

    Quote Originally Posted by orca99usa View Post
    Mr. Torano,

    Good to see you on the forum. I have enjoyed many of the cigars in your line for a long time. Also heard a rumor that you are a Florida Gator - extra points if that's true!
    Hello Bob:

    The "Gator" is my cousin Charlie. He almost killed himself (just an expression) when the Gators lost to "Bama" in the SEC final. Tough game to watch but we don't hold it against him - LOL!

  2. #47

    Evolving Lead Puffer Fish iMarc's Avatar


     

    Re: Torano cigars

    Go Gators.


  3. #48

    Full grown Puffer Fish jfeva0049's Avatar


     

    Re: Torano cigars

    carlos, i wanted to ask you a question. i know its a age old debate but i have never gotten the view from someone who is as close to the business as you are. in your personal humidor at home or work, do you store your cigars in the celo or do you take them off? and why? thanks for sharing your knowledge.

  4. #49

    Puffer Fish with many spikes kenelbow's Avatar


     

    Re: Torano cigars

    Carlos, allow me to be late to the party in welcoming you to Puff. Thanks for stopping by to say hello.

  5. #50

    Young Puffer Fish


     

    Re: Torano cigars

    Quote Originally Posted by jfeva0049 View Post
    carlos, i wanted to ask you a question. i know its a age old debate but i have never gotten the view from someone who is as close to the business as you are. in your personal humidor at home or work, do you store your cigars in the celo or do you take them off? and why? thanks for sharing your knowledge.
    Hi Jason:

    I do both. If I am going to store them for an extended length of time, I keep them in their cello but cut the cello at the foot so the cigar can get humidity through the foot and stay in optimum condition. I only do this to protect the wrapper on the cigar. If they are not going to stay long I take them out of their cello.

  6. #51

    Young Puffer Fish


     

    Re: Torano cigars

    Quote Originally Posted by kenelbow View Post
    Carlos, allow me to be late to the party in welcoming you to Puff. Thanks for stopping by to say hello.
    Thank you Ken. It's a pleasure to be here and chat with everyone.

  7. #52

    Puffer Fish with many spikes kenelbow's Avatar


     

    Re: Torano cigars

    Okay honest question. Do you smoke other manufacturer's cigars? If so how often? I would imagine a lot of manufacturers are friends and like to try each other's product from time to time. But I wonder how one would feel about being seen smoking a cigar other than their own brand.

  8. #53

    Young Puffer Fish


     

    Re: Torano cigars

    Quote Originally Posted by kenelbow View Post
    Okay honest question. Do you smoke other manufacturer's cigars? If so how often? I would imagine a lot of manufacturers are friends and like to try each other's product from time to time. But I wonder how one would feel about being seen smoking a cigar other than their own brand.
    Honest answer Ken. Yes I smoke cigars from other manufacturers. For example, while at the CT Big Smoke set up, I was chatting with Pepin and Jaime and they gave me one of their cigars to smoke which I lit up and enjoyed. In TX a couple of weeks back it was the other way around. I offered some of my cigars to Pepin, Jaime and Eddie Ortega who were together. It is a very common occurrence. The only way to know what consumers are enjoying is to smoke them.

  9. #54

    Full grown Puffer Fish jfeva0049's Avatar


     

    Re: Torano cigars

    Carlos, does Torano go through any kind of process to ensure that their cigars are boxed and shipped out free of any beetle eggs?? i have yet to any problems, im just curious.

  10. #55

    Young Puffer Fish


     

    Re: Torano cigars

    Quote Originally Posted by jfeva0049 View Post
    Carlos, does Torano go through any kind of process to ensure that their cigars are boxed and shipped out free of any beetle eggs?? i have yet to any problems, im just curious.
    Hello Jason:

    Yes we do. After all the regular fumigation that is done at the factory, once the cigars are packed and boxed, they go into freezers to hopefully crush any beetle eggs that may still remain. The cigars are then "thawed" out slowly before they ship. This process has become pretty standard in the industry and is done by most major manufacturers. The key is to keep them 3-4 days minimum in the freezer at well below zero.

  11. #56

    Full grown Puffer Fish jfeva0049's Avatar


     

    Re: Torano cigars

    thanks for the info carlos. i am just having trouble keeping my temp down in my humi and the old horror stories about beetles has me extremely worried. about 35% of my 600+ cigars are Torano. good to know actions are done prior to shipping.

  12. #57

    Young Puffer Fish


     

    Re: Torano cigars

    Quote Originally Posted by jfeva0049 View Post
    thanks for the info carlos. i am just having trouble keeping my temp down in my humi and the old horror stories about beetles has me extremely worried. about 35% of my 600+ cigars are Torano. good to know actions are done prior to shipping.
    No problem Jason. Anytime. If I may, why are you having trouble with the temp. in the humi?

  13. #58

    Full grown Puffer Fish jfeva0049's Avatar


     

    Re: Torano cigars

    Quote Originally Posted by LLACA View Post
    No problem Jason. Anytime. If I may, why are you having trouble with the temp. in the humi?
    at the apartment i stay in i only have a little a/c unit in the living room which is almost good for nothing. now the the summer is coming around my humi's have been around 75-80 degrees during the day. i live on the 3 story so i don't really have a basement or something to store them. none of the humi's are in direct sunlight or around a heat source but i still cant get the temp down. i ran my a/c unit for 4 hours and with my fans on, and it did take my temp down to 70 again for a bit, but i just don't think i can afford to keep my a/c on for 14 hours a day.

  14. #59

    Full grown Puffer Fish jfeva0049's Avatar


     

    Re: Torano cigars

    carlos, i just bought a Carlos Torano Exodus Tin (10). great taste, i only wish i could have bought more. it states the are no longer making them, is that true and if so why?? this is the best short smoke i have had yet.

  15. #60

    Full grown Puffer Fish jfeva0049's Avatar


     

    Re: Torano cigars

    carlos, where you at???

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •