Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Torano cigars

This is a discussion on Torano cigars within the Meet the Manufacturer forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; Originally Posted by jfeva0049 carlos, i just bought a Carlos Torano Exodus Tin (10) . great taste, i only wish ...

Young Puffer Fish

Re: Torano cigars

Quote Originally Posted by jfeva0049 View Post
    carlos, i just bought a Carlos Torano Exodus Tin (10). great taste, i only wish i could have bought more. it states the are no longer making them, is that true and if so why?? this is the best short smoke i have had yet.
    Hi Jason:

Sorry for the delay I have been on the road and leave again tomorrow. The Exodus Tins are still available. We have them in stock so your retailer should have no problem ordering them.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish socapots's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kenelbow View Post
    Carlos, allow me to be late to the party in welcoming you to Puff. Thanks for stopping by to say hello.
    i dont often use someone elses words. but he said it just right. haha.
    ive only had one torano cigar but loved it. it was early in my smoking days.
    it was this one...

honestly dont know what the name of it was. I did recently order a sampler, I think its got 7 different ones in it. cant remember the specifics. but i am looking forward to buying more already. lol.

thanks for stopping in to see the people.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Cigary's Avatar

Been smoking a lot of Torano Cigars lately,,,getting back to my old roots and question why I ever left. I have been getting a ton of pleasure from nearly the whole line and the complexity, taste, construction, burn, quality is so impressive. I smoke a ton of different brands because I like searching for new "talent" but Torano cigars just seem to have it all working for them.
    A mind is like a parachute...it works best when it's open.

Full grown Puffer Fish Seminole's Avatar

Definitely a good line of cigars, really like the Reserva Selecta. Been trying to get my hands on the Exodus "50 Years" on c-bid, but always get out-bid. I should probably just pick one up from the local B&M or CI. I'm really looking forward to trying this one as the Exodus line is quite tasty. How does it compare to the Exodus Gold and Silver???

I recently received one of the CRA Edition Torano's in the Toro size. What blend is it, the Casa Torano, Reserva Decadencia, or something different???

Young Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
    I recently received one of the CRA Edition Torano's in the Toro size. What blend is it, the Casa Torano, Reserva Decadencia, or something different???
    The CRA cigar is a unique blend made only for those samplers.

Young Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
    Definitely a good line of cigars, really like the Reserva Selecta. Been trying to get my hands on the Exodus "50 Years" on c-bid, but always get out-bid. I should probably just pick one up from the local B&M or CI. I'm really looking forward to trying this one as the Exodus line is quite tasty. How does it compare to the Exodus Gold and Silver???
    Think of the Exodus Gold as white chocolate and the new 50 Years as DARK CHOCOLATE - rich and flavorful.

Young Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by socapots View Post
    i dont often use someone elses words. but he said it just right. haha.
    ive only had one torano cigar but loved it. it was early in my smoking days.
    it was this one...

honestly dont know what the name of it was. I did recently order a sampler, I think its got 7 different ones in it. cant remember the specifics. but i am looking forward to buying more already. lol.

thanks for stopping in to see the people.
    This is the Casa Toraño Maduro, rated the # 2 maduro of 2008 and in the top 25 overall. This is what I smoke in the office regularly. Glad to be here!

Young Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by jfeva0049 View Post
    at the apartment i stay in i only have a little a/c unit in the living room which is almost good for nothing. now the the summer is coming around my humi's have been around 75-80 degrees during the day. i live on the 3 story so i don't really have a basement or something to store them. none of the humi's are in direct sunlight or around a heat source but i still cant get the temp down. i ran my a/c unit for 4 hours and with my fans on, and it did take my temp down to 70 again for a bit, but i just don't think i can afford to keep my a/c on for 14 hours a day.
    You might want to check the seal on your humi. It may not be tight seal and that might be causing you problems.

Quote Originally Posted by LLACA View Post
    Think of the Exodus Gold as white chocolate and the new 50 Years as DARK CHOCOLATE - rich and flavorful.
    Sounds yummy , got to get my hands on one!

The CRA cigar is a unique blend made only for those samplers.
    Thanks for info.

The Smoky Dawn Front KetherInMalkuth's Avatar

Any insight on the Noventa aging process. I know it says on the Torano site that they are made of 5 yr old Nic tobacco and that the cigars are aged in reserve "until they reach their peak". That's a pretty subjective statement... are we talking 6 months, a year, two years... spill the beans here I'd love to know. Not that it will affect my love of the cigar, the Noventa is my favorite Torano hands down.
    Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves. ~ Ronald Reagan

Young Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by KetherInMalkuth View Post
    Any insight on the Noventa aging process. I know it says on the Torano site that they are made of 5 yr old Nic tobacco and that the cigars are aged in reserve "until they reach their peak". That's a pretty subjective statement... are we talking 6 months, a year, two years... spill the beans here I'd love to know. Not that it will affect my love of the cigar, the Noventa is my favorite Torano hands down.
    I am not going to spill the beans but will tell you that we have some Noventas that have been ageing for at least 3 years.

By the way sorry I have been away for a while but see the next post to understand why.
    Last edited by LLACA; 07-16-2010 at 10:54 AM.

Young Puffer Fish

Date: July 15, 2010
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Media Contact:
    Bruce M. Lewis
    bruce@torano.com
    TORAÑO FAMILY, ARMED WITH A NEW LOOK, IS BACK IN CONTROL OF ITS OWN DISTRIBUTION
    (Miami, Florida) July 15, 2010—The Toraño Family, makers of some of the finest cigars in the world, is proud to announce that effective August 1st the family will distribute its own brands. To add to this exciting news, Toraño launches a new company name, a new logo and two retail exclusive cigar brands.

The company name is changing from Toraño Cigars to Toraño Family Cigar Company to truly capture the family legacy and emphasize that this is a family-owned company. The taking over of its distribution is the result of the family’s decision to enhance its personal relationships with the trade and consumers.

“We are energized and excited to be announcing these positive changes,” said Charlie Toraño, the company’s president.

The new logo, which combines a contemporary, yet classic look, is symbolic of the company’s new direction, one which will focus on the introduction of innovative cigar brands, unique blends and building a strong Toraño Family Cigar community.

“We recognize the value of building communication,” Charlie said. “There’s no better way to reach cigar smokers and the trade than through social media, the Internet, the use of viral campaigns and the personal touch and interactions at cigar events that only the family can provide.”

The IPCPR in New Orleans will be the platform for the unveiling of Master by Carlos Toraño and Single Region, two retail exclusive brands. The company is also offering a value priced bundle cigar named Brigade.

“I am looking forward to seeing everyone at our upcoming annual trade show and personally showing all of the changes which are taking place,” Charlie said.

A leader in the cigar industry, Toraño Family Cigar Company is a four-generation company currently based in Miami, Florida. It enjoys a rich heritage and history in tobacco growing and cigar manufacturing.

For media inquires and interviews, please contact Bruce M. Lewis at: bruce@torano.com or via phone at: 305.661.9121.

###

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Cigary's Avatar

I am not going to spill the beans but will tell you that we have some Noventas that have been ageing for at least 3 years.

By the way sorry I ahve been away for a while but see the next post to understand why.
    I've been smoking so many of the other line of cigars I have not yet tried the Noventa..yet. Seriously, I'm already a convert...are you just trying to hook me again with another great cigar so I won't be smoking any other brands?

Saw the article about you taking over your own operations..smart move esp. now in this environment. Who is going to have more passion for what you do other than....The Torano Family?
    A mind is like a parachute...it works best when it's open.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast