Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 117

Torano cigars

This is a discussion on Torano cigars within the Meet the Manufacturer forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; Originally Posted by Cigary I've been smoking so many of the other line of cigars I have not yet tried ...

  
  1. #76

    Young Puffer Fish


     

    Re: Torano cigars

    Quote Originally Posted by Cigary View Post
    I've been smoking so many of the other line of cigars I have not yet tried the Noventa..yet. Seriously, I'm already a convert...are you just trying to hook me again with another great cigar so I won't be smoking any other brands?

    Saw the article about you taking over your own operations..smart move esp. now in this environment. Who is going to have more passion for what you do other than....The Torano Family?
    Exactly our feeling. Thank you for your support and of course I don't want you to smoke any other brands - LOL!

  2. #77

    Puffer Fish with many spikes dyieldin's Avatar


     

    Re: Torano cigars

    Smart move to bring it 'in house' for control and some savings along the way, the middle man always makes a buck.

  3. #78

    The Widows Son guitar7272's Avatar


     

    Re: Torano cigars

    Carlos... any insight on the Fortress? I saw them pop up on Cigar International's jambalaya page for the first time the other day and it sparked my curiosity. What could one expect when smoking this cigar?

  4. #79

    Full grown Puffer Fish Seminole's Avatar


     

    Re: Torano cigars

    Just smoked the CRA edition last night and it was tasty, the best one in my opinion, that I have tried, and I think I've had most of them. The draw was tight and if you looked down the foot while smoking, there was about an 1/8" hole that went the length of the cigar, but the taste was excellent.

    Going back to that hole, what could cause this? The tobacco burning to quickly in that area? A gap in the roll? Oh well, It didn't effect the taste, but I do suspect it effected the draw, which took a couple puffs to get some smoke into the mouth the entire time I smoked.

    With all this being said, I really enjoyed that spicy flavor, not of pepper, but of baking spices. I can't say I've tasted that in a cigar before. I think the roll and draw were a fluke, but I can't get any more to verify.

    Is it possible to find or get these anywhere? I would definitely buy a box, as I think I have fallen in love with the flavor of this cigar and the only way to get one is to join CRA, which I am a member of already. I guess I could buy a membership for everyone in my family, my friends, and co-workers, have them sent to my house, and then keep the cigars, that would equal a box, but that would be a seriously expensive box of cigars at $35 a stick.

  5. #80

    ISO Tat Jibarro,Maravilla whodeeni's Avatar


     

    Talking Re: Torano cigars

    Welcome to the boards Carlos!
    If smoking cigars is on the "Darkside".... I don't think i'll ever see the "Light!!!

  6. #81

    Evolving Lead Puffer Fish iMarc's Avatar


     

    Re: Torano cigars

    Quote Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
    Just smoked the CRA edition last night and it was tasty, the best one in my opinion, that I have tried, and I think I've had most of them. The draw was tight and if you looked down the foot while smoking, there was about an 1/8" hole that went the length of the cigar, but the taste was excellent.

    Going back to that hole, what could cause this? The tobacco burning to quickly in that area? A gap in the roll? Oh well, It didn't effect the taste, but I do suspect it effected the draw, which took a couple puffs to get some smoke into the mouth the entire time I smoked.

    With all this being said, I really enjoyed that spicy flavor, not of pepper, but of baking spices. I can't say I've tasted that in a cigar before. I think the roll and draw were a fluke, but I can't get any more to verify.

    Is it possible to find or get these anywhere? I would definitely buy a box, as I think I have fallen in love with the flavor of this cigar and the only way to get one is to join CRA, which I am a member of already. I guess I could buy a membership for everyone in my family, my friends, and co-workers, have them sent to my house, and then keep the cigars, that would equal a box, but that would be a seriously expensive box of cigars at $35 a stick.
    Corey,
    Was that from one of the sampler packs that you get at a cigar shop that includes like 10 cigars and a membership?

  7. #82

    Full grown Puffer Fish Seminole's Avatar


     

    Re: Torano cigars

    Quote Originally Posted by iMarc View Post
    Corey,
    Was that from one of the sampler packs that you get at a cigar shop that includes like 10 cigars and a membership?
    It is one that came with the membership from website. I got this one and the Cusano Freedom when I signed up online.

  8. #83

    Evolving Lead Puffer Fish iMarc's Avatar


     

    Re: Torano cigars

    Quote Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
    It is one that came with the membership from website. I got this one and the Cusano Freedom when I signed up online.
    It looks like they may rotate what you get... you got lucky with your grab.

  9. #84

    Full grown Puffer Fish Seminole's Avatar


     

    Re: Torano cigars

    Quote Originally Posted by iMarc View Post
    It looks like they may rotate what you get... you got lucky with your grab.
    I did, and I would sure like to get more of that blend, it was definitely tasty.

  10. #85

    LOB's Fourth HorseMouse the_brain's Avatar


     

    Re: Torano cigars

    Carlos, quick question for you... I hope you still hang out here at puff.

    I love your cigars and want to keep them at their best. You now include a Humidipak in you cigar boxes. What rh did you choose for the humidipak in your packaging? Thanks

  11. #86

    Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes fivespdcat's Avatar


     

    Re: Torano cigars

    I had a 1959 50 years, wow! It was delicious!

    We're glad to have you here Carlos!

  12. #87

    LOB's Fourth HorseMouse the_brain's Avatar


     

    Re: Torano cigars

    Quote Originally Posted by fivespdcat View Post
    I had a 1959 50 years, wow! It was delicious!
    I can't agree more, the 50 year box press is my favorite stick.

  13. #88

    Young Puffer Fish


     

    Re: Torano cigars

    Quote Originally Posted by Titus9000 View Post
    I'm new to cigars, but i have learned that I like cigars with significantly more flavor than a Macanudo Hampton Court. Do you guys make anything that has a lot of flavor but isn't too harsh or nicotine heavy for a new smoker?
    Try the Casa Torano, either natural or maduro.

  14. #89

    Young Puffer Fish


     

    Re: Torano cigars

    Quote Originally Posted by fivespdcat View Post
    I had a 1959 50 years, wow! It was delicious!

    We're glad to have you here Carlos!
    Thank you Abe.

  15. #90

    Young Puffer Fish


     

    Re: Torano cigars

    Quote Originally Posted by tke743 View Post
    Carlos, quick question for you... I hope you still hang out here at puff.

    I love your cigars and want to keep them at their best. You now include a Humidipak in you cigar boxes. What rh did you choose for the humidipak in your packaging? Thanks
    We chose 69%.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •