Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Torano cigars

This is a discussion on Torano cigars within the Meet the Manufacturer forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; Originally Posted by guitar7272 Carlos... any insight on the Fortress? I saw them pop up on Cigar International's jambalaya page ...

Young Puffer Fish

Re: Torano cigars

Quote Originally Posted by guitar7272 View Post
    Carlos... any insight on the Fortress? I saw them pop up on Cigar International's jambalaya page for the first time the other day and it sparked my curiosity. What could one expect when smoking this cigar?
    Scott:

The Fortress is medium-medium plus in strength. It has some spice and is well balanced. I enjoyed a couple of them over the long weekend.

Hi Carlos, great thread.

I have not yet tied a Torano. I like med-full bodied smokes and love maduro's or any dark wrapper. What do you suggest I try ... first.
    People say motivation doesn't last ... neither does bathing. Thats why we do it everyday.

Young Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Swany View Post
    Hi Carlos, great thread.

I have not yet tied a Torano. I like med-full bodied smokes and love maduro's or any dark wrapper. What do you suggest I try ... first.
    Rob:

I would point you in the direction of the Exodus 1959-50 Years and Virtuoso. If you are willing to try an Ecuadorian/Habano wrapper then try the Master.

Just had an Exodus Silver last night. It only had a few months rest but I really enjoyed it! The problem was my friend's girlfriend who couldn't keep her mouth shut ruined my focus on the flavors. This girl spent 45 minutes telling a 5 minute story.

Anyways thanks for hanging around here Carlos!

Young Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by usrower321 View Post
    Just had an Exodus Silver last night. It only had a few months rest but I really enjoyed it! The problem was my friend's girlfriend who couldn't keep her mouth shut ruined my focus on the flavors. This girl spent 45 minutes telling a 5 minute story.

Anyways thanks for hanging around here Carlos!
    Thanks Brian. I smoked quite a few of the Toro Elegantes over the long weekend.

LOB's Fourth HorseMouse the_brain's Avatar

Thank you for the reply I will be keeping mine in my 70% humidor then. Love your stuff.

Ole Crusty Spiked Fish tpharkman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LLACA View Post
    Rob:

I would point you in the direction of the Exodus 1959-50 Years and Virtuoso. If you are willing to try an Ecuadorian/Habano wrapper then try the Master.
    The Master is a beautiful cigar. I was absolutely blown away by how good it was.
    Agnes, have you seen my Don Diegos?

I was recently fortunate to find myself sitting next to my Nashville Torano rep on a flight to New Jersey (she had just been given that territory). How refreshing to find a young lady with a clear passion for cigars and Torano.

Carlos, she gifted me a few different cigars because I knew little about Torano and one of those was the Exodus 1959 50 year robusto. I can say it may now be my favorite cigar! She also recommended the Decandencia for my wife, so she is anxious to give those a try.

I was impressed with Andrea...she represented Torano well! She definitely recruited another Torano fan!

Puffer Fish with some spikes 54 Conqueror's Avatar

The 1959 50 year has become my new favorite.

Smoking a robusto right now and have a box of the box press as well.

Great cigars. Keep up the great work!

ZK Master of Shenanigans kozzman555's Avatar

I was ordering some stuff off CI and threw in a 5pack of these based on this thread. I'm pretty excited to try one. Everyone seems to like these 1959's.

The 1959's are great, so much that I bought the double corona's as well. Also just picked up a 10 pack of the Virtuoso Encore's which look pretty good. So far I am quite the fan of Torano and even have a 10 pack of the Fortress coming soon. I can see the Torano's being a big part of my humidors.

Lil Fish w/ Explosives bombsquadmike007's Avatar

How are the virtuoso and the fortress? I love the 50 years and the 1916 was okay in my opinion but that is all I have tried.

Puffer Fish with some spikes truckertim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bombsquadmike007 View Post
    How are the virtuoso and the fortress?
    The Virtuoso's are some of the best smokes I have ever tried. Everyone has had a perfect construction with a not too tight/loose draw, great burn, and a nice full bodied smoke filled with earthy, leathery goodness.

LOB's Fourth HorseMouse the_brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by truckertim View Post
    The Virtuoso's are some of the best smokes I have ever tried. Everyone has had a perfect construction with a not too tight/loose draw, great burn, and a nice full bodied smoke filled with earthy, leathery goodness.
    I second that review, but I still like the 50 year exodus box press better.
    The bombers, aka vermin, are back...

Puffer Fish with some spikes truckertim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the_brain View Post
    I second that review, but I still like the 50 year exodus box press better.
    I have two Exodus 50yr in the huni but havent tried them yet. When i bought them the guy said to let them age for couple months. But now im really excited to try them!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast