Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Xikar Public Relations

This is a discussion on Xikar Public Relations within the Meet the Manufacturer forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; Xikar! You can bring in any Xikar product to any authorized dealer and they will replace it. Today at work, ...

Re: Xikar Public Relations

Xikar!

You can bring in any Xikar product to any authorized dealer and they will replace it. Today at work, a gentleman had a busted xi cutter and we replaced it no questions asked. We send it back to Xikar and everybody is happy!

Quote Originally Posted by thebayratt View Post
    Nelson is a pretty good guy!
    He fixed a buddy of mine's lighter at an event right there and took my cutter to get worked on...

But Xikar sent it back to the wrong shop, we got thier stuff and they got ours... I have still yet to get it back. Making a call to the shop monday.

They will get this straight I'm sure!

Quote Originally Posted by MATADOR View Post
    Xikar!

You can bring in any Xikar product to any authorized dealer and they will replace it. Today at work, a gentleman had a busted xi cutter and we replaced it no questions asked. We send it back to Xikar and everybody is happy!

This is my point exactly--Nice job Matador--This will bring customers back for sure!
    ViVat Jesus!

-=)Resident Insomniac(=- eyesack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBrooklyn View Post
    They are a great companyIMHO no doubt their customer service is second to none.
    They do IMHO make an inferior product to Palio. But when something goes wrong the replace it right away. If you don't mind the down time its a good deal no doubt.
    Have you tried Xikar's X-8 guillotine cutter? I like it better than the Palios I've tried because it cuts like a hot knife through butter (MUCH sharper than my Xi2 ever was), and it has Xikar's customer service to back it!

One of the definitions of PR is building and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships, and Xikar sure does that well.
    Did I fire 6 shots or only 5?

NuG

I love Xikar cutters, I just keep losing the damn things. They need to come out with a GPS or tracking device.

A lot about cutters, but their lighters are swell. Well, at least two of them, and the main one I love is their exodus. That thing is a beauty. Lovely soft flame, great feel, and hell, can take it back anytime you need.
    Remis Velisque

Young Puffer Fish Ringlardner27's Avatar

I have been told that any authorized Xikar dealer will let you exchange one of their items if it is defective. I am having problems with one of their triple torch lighters. It always clogs and I cannot correct the problem. I have sent it back to Xikar 3 times and once to a store but that was at a cigar show where the Xikar reps looked at it first. I was just at a B &M that is a Xikar dealer discussing the matter and they told me to mail it back to the factory. Apparently they didn't get the memo...

I LOVE their cutters!!
    "Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar." -Mark Twain

I had a great experience a month or so ago when I returned 2 Xikar products with issues. I was treated with outstanding service. Fast foward two weeks later. I need a new guilli cutter. No question, it had to be a xikar. I picked up one of the ultra slims. Xikar= great business.

No longer a community member.

Its stories like this (and that ive had no issues with my xi2 cutter) that im thinking of picking up a xikar punch, since im in the market for a punch atm.

Young Fish

Highly recommend the punch! Its great!

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Citationjeff View Post
    Highly recommend the punch! Its great!

Jeff
    trying to find it somewhere for less than $30, the 009 not the 007 - id want a bit looser draw..

gunmetal color preferably, to match my lighter :P
    Last edited by Zogg; 08-13-2011 at 10:26 PM.

Young Fish

I think I paid a little more than 30 for mine at a local B&M in Chicago... i just looked at XIKARs website and they don't have the one I have anymore... its a 9mm screw out...

I havent cut a cigar since I learned to punch... well worth the $$

jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Citationjeff View Post
    I think I paid a little more than 30 for mine at a local B&M in Chicago... i just looked at XIKARs website and they don't have the one I have anymore... its a 9mm screw out...

I havent cut a cigar since I learned to punch... well worth the $$

jeff
    yeah i want this one:

Accessories

its $35 at my local B&M for the 007, so i think it'd be worth the $30 if i can grab a daily deal i like so i get free shipping.

I also have a 10% off thing cause i guess my first order i used a different email that i still use and i got a "next order w/ this email is 10% off" deal.. *shrug*

Highland Park SingleMalt salmonfly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ringlardner27 View Post
    I have been told that any authorized Xikar dealer will let you exchange one of their items if it is defective. I am having problems with one of their triple torch lighters. It always clogs and I cannot correct the problem. I have sent it back to Xikar 3 times and once to a store but that was at a cigar show where the Xikar reps looked at it first. I was just at a B &M that is a Xikar dealer discussing the matter and they told me to mail it back to the factory. Apparently they didn't get the memo...

I LOVE their cutters!!
    I`ve just had my trezo triple torch lighter replace and I've had no problems in doing so.
    It was returned in four days.

Xikar also have a great service even here in Sweden.

Doug, which triple jet lighter are you having problem with?
    FOR THE ATTENTION OF ALL SMOKING SINNERS, ENJOY YOUR SMOKE OR YOU WILL FEEL THE RAPH OF THE GODS!! THIS GUY GOING LOCO (((((FTA O ASS)))))

Do yourself a favor and take a look at one of these. I have a 007 and 009 Xikar but neither of these are as sharp as this one from Wolf.
    MAGnet-CUTter Wolf Solingen Cigar Cutter (Blue) - eBay (item 140442608600 end time Aug-14-11 07:33:41 PDT)

Quote Originally Posted by Zogg View Post
    yeah i want this one:

Accessories

its $35 at my local B&M for the 007, so i think it'd be worth the $30 if i can grab a daily deal i like so i get free shipping.

I also have a 10% off thing cause i guess my first order i used a different email that i still use and i got a "next order w/ this email is 10% off" deal.. *shrug*

ive got a xikar nautalis lighter and i love the thing. i spend about half of my time at about 9,000 feet in a small mountian town in colorado so i usaly have some trouble making jet lighters work with the lower O2 but this thing will always light up. and in denver it works even better so thanks xikar! when i feel like spending the money i will definatly be buying one of your cutters
    Insert Verb of Choice: _______ Naked!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast