Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Xikar Public Relations

This is a discussion on Xikar Public Relations within the Meet the Manufacturer forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; Mods---If this is not in the correct place please move it for me. Emerson Cigars in Chesapeake, VA yesterday had ...

Xikar Public Relations

Mods---If this is not in the correct place please move it for me.

Emerson Cigars in Chesapeake, VA yesterday had its open house and many venders were there. I took along my Xikar cutter's one of which was brand new and having problems with it. Scott the owner (great guy) introduced me to Nelson Boronat the Territory Sales Manager for Xikar. I showed him the cutter that was not working correctly and asked if I could just give it to him with my name, address the whole spill instead of mailing it. He looked at it and said to give him a minute and before leaving I stopped back to give him my mailing information when he pulls out a box that is in the picture attached. This is why I will always buy Xikar products because they think and feel the same way as we do when it comes to what we want in good customer service--I commend Xikar for employing people like Nelson.

Almost forgot "He Upgraded" it also--Xikar will always have my business for life.
    ViVat Jesus!

Re: Xikar Public Relations

I had a bad gold bullet punch, sent it to them, and withing two weeks was replaced in box, with new one. Kept their end of the purchase bargain. Will make me consider xikar even more for a future purchase if undecided between brands.
    Not enough companies understand this.

J

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Cigary's Avatar

Good to see continued great Customer Service from a very reliable company.
    A mind is like a parachute...it works best when it's open.

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

They are a great companyIMHO no doubt their customer service is second to none.
    They do IMHO make an inferior product to Palio. But when something goes wrong the replace it right away. If you don't mind the down time its a good deal no doubt.
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes Reino's Avatar

My buddy and I have both had problems with several of their products.
    I must also agree they stand behind their products and were replaced.
    It is strange that after the 3 items I have sent back I have not had any issues with the replacements, which is exactly what I want but why the problems with the original purchase? Anyway I will continue to purchase from them, besides they have good looking products.

Puffer Fish with many spikes Athion's Avatar

I have a Palio, and not intending on replacing it anytime soon, BUT, I love the way the Xikars look, and stories like this make me feel better about picking one up just "because".
    Sometimes you're the windshield; sometimes you're the bug.
    - Mark Knopfler

Their customer support makes me feel like I'm in good hands using their product.

No longer a community member.

Great Paul
    That's the place you took Justin and I wasn't it, I liked that shop nice and cozy, Xkar seems to always stands up good for their product cudos to them.

Young Puffer Fish flint fireforge's Avatar

I was stuck between a couple of different brands seeing this i think ill go with Xikar....once again im glad ill joined this site it is damn good community ill be staying for quiet some time

Xikar is a Kansas City company and I have had the honor of visiting their offices several times. Everyone that works there is incredibly nice. You guys have no idea how much effort they put into fixing issues and giving good customer service. When they find an issue they document it and try to resolve future problems by taking them to the factory to improve parts and manufacturing. It is a constant process. Just because the original teardrop cutter has been around 16 years it does not mean it hasn't undergone changes. They take it very seriously.

I expected a huge downtown shiny glittering building when I visited. What I found was a solid company with a mom & pop atmosphere. These guys are down to earth and really care about their company and customers.

I have had the opportunity to smoke a prototype blend and see all the great new stuff they are working on. Xikar will be a solid cigar brand for a long time with Scott and Kurt running it.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes mrsmitty's Avatar

I've never had to send any of my Xikar products back but I'm glad to hear that they take care of their customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Athion View Post
    I have a Palio, and not intending on replacing it anytime soon, BUT, I love the way the Xikars look, and stories like this make me feel better about picking one up just "because".
    I once had an Palio that was a nice cutter no doubt but traded it for a Xikar- The fit,cut and the customer service is why I choose to stick with Xikar.

Quote Originally Posted by smelvis View Post
    Great Paul
    That's the place you took Justin and I wasn't it, I liked that shop nice and cozy, Xkar seems to always stands up good for their product cudos to them.
    Actually Dave we went to the Downtown Norfolk location and the one I went to for this was the Greenbriar location in Chesapeake, VA. Both are outstanding B & M's with the best customer service that you would expect in a good B & M.

Next visit we will plan to visit Chesapeake--OK

Next on my list from Xikar will be a nice lighter ---
    ViVat Jesus!

Puffer Fish with some spikes lbiislander's Avatar

I've seen Xikar bashed in several threads around here. FWIW, I've never had to deal with their Customer Service Dept. My lighter just keeps on working! Always wanted a cutter, but can't bring myself to drop the $60.
    Frequently wrong but never in doubt!

Elder Puffer Fish Leader jeepthing's Avatar

Very nice, about time for a new cutter for myself. Xikar just moved high on the list
    Whatever it is -- I didn't do it!

Nelson is a pretty good guy!
    He fixed a buddy of mine's lighter at an event right there and took my cutter to get worked on...

But Xikar sent it back to the wrong shop, we got thier stuff and they got ours... I have still yet to get it back. Making a call to the shop monday.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast