Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

262 Underground

This is a discussion on 262 Underground within the Meet the Manufacturer forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; The 262 Underground is the most effective, well organized, and exciting street team in the cigar industry. We are a ...

262 Underground

The 262 Underground is the most effective, well organized, and exciting street team in the cigar industry. We are a community of dedicated revolutionaries that explore every opportunity available for spreading the word about 262 Cigars. Get ready for the launch of the 262 Underground. We are recruiting you to help spread The Revolution through various missions and events. Get a firsthand look into the cigar industry while you earn points to redeem for a variety of prizes. The 262 Underground is a street team made up of cigar lovers who want to get more involved. Have a say and help influence your local cigar market by spreading The Revolution with the 262 Underground. If you are interested in more information about the 262 Underground and would like to get involved, make sure you Join The Revolution.

262 Cigars street team is called the Underground. Do various missions and earn cigar rewards. Missions and rewards will change as time goes on so ample opportunity. Sign up at www.smoketherevolution.com/underground

Re: 262 Underground

The Underground has officially launched and is open for anyone to sign up. Great way to get involved with a cigar company. Very easy ways to earn free cigars and swag. Check out the forums under Discussions.

When I click the 'Join' link, it says the page cannot be found. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by ekengland07 View Post
    When I click the 'Join' link, it says the page cannot be found. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
    Try this link Eric: Register

Well it looks like fun...but sorry Jake as 150 points is the first level on the rewards and most missions are either 5 to 10 points. Might take a year or two before anyone could get to 150 points for a signed poster. Good idea and good luck, but looks like a lot of time for little reward.

Missions

Posted On Wednesday, November 17th, 2010 By smoketherev
    ACTION POINTS DUE DATE
    Refer a friend to sign up with the Underground they need your user name when they register 5 points No Due Date
    Follow us on Twitter Submit a screen shot 5 points 1 time 04/01/2011
    Follow us on Facebook Submit a screen shot 5 points 1 time 04/01/2011
    Follow us on Blogger Submit a screen shot 5 points 1 time 04/01/2011
    Follow us on Youtube Submit a screen shot 5 points 1 time 04/01/2011
    Submit a photo of you smoking a 262 Cigar (Band must be visable) 10 points 2 times 1 each for Paradigm or Ideology 03/01/2011
    Submit a photo of you and your friends smoking 262 Cigars 10 points plus 2 points for each friend in the photo smoking a 262 Cigar 03/01/2011
    Submit a photo of you with a 262 Sales Rep 20 points 1 time 12/31/2011
    Submit a photo of you with one of the owning partners of 262 Cigars 25 points 3 times (1 with each partner) 12/31/2011
    Attend a 262 Event Photo required 20 points 12/31/2011
    Send an E-mail to your friends telling them about 262 Cigars CC the e-mail to us at the email address below. 10 points up to 5 times 02/01/2011
    Post a 262 Cigar/Underground banner into your personal (Social Network) profile, messages, bulletins, blogs, etc. Submit a screen shot 10 points up to 5 times No Due Date
    Post a 262 Cigar flier or poster in a B&M Photo required 5 points No Due Date
    Post a review of the 262 Paradigm Blog, Facebook, Forums Submit a screen shot 25 points 1 time 02/01/2011
    Post a review of the 262 Ideology Blog, Facebook, Forums 25 points 1 time 04/01/2011
    Get a B&M to place their first order with 262 Cigars Through a sales rep or direct. Make sure they use your name as a referral. 400 points No Due Date
    Purchase a 262 Cigar sampler Direct order 3 pack 25 points

6 pack - 50 points

1 time each
    02/15/2011
    Purchase a box of 262 Cigars Direct order 100 Points 02/15/2011
    Drop off 262 Cigar information at your local B&M Submit business card and info of the shop 15 points No Due Date
    Promote a 262 Cigar Event by posting on any social network Submit a screen shot 15 points No Due Date
    Submit a video review of the 262 Paradigm or Ideology 40 points 2 times 1 each for Paradigm and Ideology 03/31/2011
    Submit a youtube video featuring 262 Cigars. 15 points 03/31/2011

Submit proof 2 ways. 1) e-mail jkrell@smoketherevolution.com or 2) Post in the Submit Proof thread

All missions must be completed after they are posted here. We cannot give points retroactively in order to be fair to everyone. The exception to this is following us on social network sites and any missions related to reviews which will be awarded retroactively.

Rewards

ITEM REWARD POINTS

Signed 262 Poster 150 points
    262 T-shirt 250 points
    3 Pack Cigar Sampler 350 points
    3 Pack Cigar Sampler & 262 Pint Glass 500 points
    6 Pack Cigar Sampler 600 points
    4 Pack of 262 Pint Glasses 750 points
    262 Paradigm Box of Cigars (20 ct) 1000 points
    262 Ideology Box of Cigars (20 ct) 1000 points
    Herf with the Owner(s) of 262 Cigars* 1500 points

At the same time if you know of 3 B&M's in your area and the local 262 rep uses you as the referal you'd get a free box of cigars and still have 200 points left over. Thats not a bad deal at all. Im working on signing up my 7th, 8th, and 9th shops right now, wheres my Herf
    Northeast Cigar Rep
    SAG Imports, 7-20-4, Matilde, Lotus

Thanks for the feedback. Here is the thing, these are not all of the missions. These are just the initial round of missions. Missions and prizes will change over time. Several are coming out that will be simple with higher point values. Obviously if we made everything low we would be handing out prizes like candy at Halloween. We want people who want to get involved and stay involved.

For all members there will be contests as well. Later this month we will be giving away some prizes for those who are signed up for doing nothing more then being a signed up member.

I will re-evaluate the point system though and take your comments into serious consideration. After all we want you guys to get involved and if you feel the goals are unrealistic you won't so that defeats the purpose of it all.

thanks for your honesty and keep your eye open for an update

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    Well it looks like fun...but sorry Jake as 150 points is the first level on the rewards and most missions are either 5 to 10 points. Might take a year or two before anyone could get to 150 points for a signed poster. Good idea and good luck, but looks like a lot of time for little reward.

Missions

Posted On Wednesday, November 17th, 2010 By smoketherev
    ACTION POINTS DUE DATE
    Refer a friend to sign up with the Underground they need your user name when they register 5 points No Due Date
    Follow us on Twitter Submit a screen shot 5 points 1 time 04/01/2011
    Follow us on Facebook Submit a screen shot 5 points 1 time 04/01/2011
    Follow us on Blogger Submit a screen shot 5 points 1 time 04/01/2011
    Follow us on Youtube Submit a screen shot 5 points 1 time 04/01/2011
    Submit a photo of you smoking a 262 Cigar (Band must be visable) 10 points 2 times 1 each for Paradigm or Ideology 03/01/2011
    Submit a photo of you and your friends smoking 262 Cigars 10 points plus 2 points for each friend in the photo smoking a 262 Cigar 03/01/2011
    Submit a photo of you with a 262 Sales Rep 20 points 1 time 12/31/2011
    Submit a photo of you with one of the owning partners of 262 Cigars 25 points 3 times (1 with each partner) 12/31/2011
    Attend a 262 Event Photo required 20 points 12/31/2011
    Send an E-mail to your friends telling them about 262 Cigars CC the e-mail to us at the email address below. 10 points up to 5 times 02/01/2011
    Post a 262 Cigar/Underground banner into your personal (Social Network) profile, messages, bulletins, blogs, etc. Submit a screen shot 10 points up to 5 times No Due Date
    Post a 262 Cigar flier or poster in a B&M Photo required 5 points No Due Date
    Post a review of the 262 Paradigm Blog, Facebook, Forums Submit a screen shot 25 points 1 time 02/01/2011
    Post a review of the 262 Ideology Blog, Facebook, Forums 25 points 1 time 04/01/2011
    Get a B&M to place their first order with 262 Cigars Through a sales rep or direct. Make sure they use your name as a referral. 400 points No Due Date
    Purchase a 262 Cigar sampler Direct order 3 pack 25 points

6 pack - 50 points

1 time each
    02/15/2011
    Purchase a box of 262 Cigars Direct order 100 Points 02/15/2011
    Drop off 262 Cigar information at your local B&M Submit business card and info of the shop 15 points No Due Date
    Promote a 262 Cigar Event by posting on any social network Submit a screen shot 15 points No Due Date
    Submit a video review of the 262 Paradigm or Ideology 40 points 2 times 1 each for Paradigm and Ideology 03/31/2011
    Submit a youtube video featuring 262 Cigars. 15 points 03/31/2011

Submit proof 2 ways. 1) e-mail jkrell@smoketherevolution.com or 2) Post in the Submit Proof thread

All missions must be completed after they are posted here. We cannot give points retroactively in order to be fair to everyone. The exception to this is following us on social network sites and any missions related to reviews which will be awarded retroactively.

Rewards

ITEM REWARD POINTS

Signed 262 Poster 150 points
    262 T-shirt 250 points

Quote Originally Posted by Dread View Post
    At the same time if you know of 3 B&M's in your area and the local 262 rep uses you as the referal you'd get a free box of cigars and still have 200 points left over. Thats not a bad deal at all. Im working on signing up my 7th, 8th, and 9th shops right now, wheres my Herf
    You are awesome brother. Hit the Discussions. I thought you just had an event with Clint? I want one of those table top lighters. Bad a#@

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish tiger187126's Avatar

just smoked an ideology. good cigar, little on the sweet side.

I talked to Clint and I am revamping the point system and prize points as well. We are also going to launch a contest for all who are signed up in the next week. Might be a few prize packs. I appreciate the feedback.

Master Illusione-a-Tatist Sarge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post

Rewards

ITEM REWARD POINTS
    that's how all these things are. I've joined several over the years for video games and other various things but it's always just too dam time consuming to get anything. I think 9/10 times I got nothing because all the [few] prizes were already claimed, the missions aren't rewarding enough for the time I'd have to put in, etc. On the other hand they almost always offer exclusive stuff specifically made to gain the energy of those enthusiasts to shoot for. Like the Herf w/ the owner(s) of 262. Pint glasses might be exclusive to this promo, etc. Surely more rewards will pop up.

I'd really like to try the 262. though I wouldn't even know where to start searching to get my hands on a couple. I'd love to join w/ the intention of grabbing a few smokes since I really want to try some but given the community I'm in, lack of B&Ms and the time it would take just to get a 3 cigar sample pack it's probably not worth it. Because I'd imagine after these simple missions it's going to move into the Poster, sticker and spread the word initiative tagging stores and B&Ms spreading the word and possibly even forum posting spreading the word as well. Of course all the time I've been sitting around going crazy maybe I should give it a shot.

as jsnake pointed out, they can't be too liberal though because then they'd be handing out candy @ Halloween. Of course with such limited reward supplies they really wouldn't have to hand out too much if they didn't want to but then they'd find themselves w/ possibly some very irate customers and fans. Really the idea of these recruit programs is to not only obtain but maintain people devoted to promoting the company & spreading word of the product. A town/local rep w/o actually being a rep being paid by the company to spread the word and get these in stores. Since our crack shack B&M deals w/ a piss ass distributor no way these will make it to town here...

Hey Steve, I definetly understand why some wouldnt be interested in this. It is certainly time consuming for those of you that arent in a heavily B&M saturated area. If you really want to try the Paradigm and Ideology just goto the website and build a sampler.

https://www.smoketherevolution.com/S...ar_sampler.asp

At this the time that is the only way youll be able to pick some up without having to take a multiple hour roadtrip. We are a very young company and are picking up more B&M's every week but it is still a slow process. Hopefully within the next 12 months we will have most major markets covered.
    Northeast Cigar Rep

I should register. I am pretty close to a reward already. I bet I could knock out level 1 by this weekend.

Did any of my referrals help out?

Quote Originally Posted by GregSS View Post
    I should register. I am pretty close to a reward already. I bet I could knock out level 1 by this weekend.

Did any of my referrals help out?
    My CT trip got pushed back a bit(had to goto NJ and a few other locations first) But its coming up within thenext 2-3 weeks. Register and if any of your leads pan out Ill definetly put you down as a referral.
    Northeast Cigar Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dread View Post
    My CT trip got pushed back a bit(had to goto NJ and a few other locations first) But its coming up within thenext 2-3 weeks. Register and if any of your leads pan out Ill definetly put you down as a referral.
    Registering now

Let me know when you're gonna be here so I can get my 20 points

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast