Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

National Smoke a Cigar Day - March 6th

This is a discussion on National Smoke a Cigar Day - March 6th within the Meet the Manufacturer forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; Wednesday March 6th is National Smoke a Cigar Day, and Table 36 is a proud sponsor. In response to onerous ...

National Smoke a Cigar Day - March 6th

Wednesday March 6th is National Smoke a Cigar Day, and Table 36 is a proud sponsor. In response to onerous taxation, the looming threat of over-regulation, and ever-increasing public demonization we are asking all brothers and sisters of the leaf to join in. It doesn't matter what stick you choose, just grab one (or two or three...) of your favorites and Light 'em up!

Novices, enthusiasts and aficionados WORLDwide have actually now laid claim to this day (so much so that next year it is being re-branded INTERnational.

So, be it on your back porch, in your local b&m, at the poker table, or in one of those increasingly rare drinking establishments that still allows you to indulge over a nice scotch or micro-brew, Light 'em Up for National Smoke a Cigar Day on March 6th!

This is an opportunity for us to to take a stand. Please join all of us on March 6th!!!

Visit the NationalSmoke a Cigar Day (NOT a misprint) Facebook page for more info or go to the Table 36 web site to download a poster.

Maturing Puffer Fish arkiesmoker's Avatar

Re: National Smoke a Cigar Day - March 6th

Every day should be National Smoke a Cigar Day.

Quote Originally Posted by arkiesmoker View Post
    Every day should be National Smoke a Cigar Day.
    We could not agree more. And according to our wives, we treat every day that way...

We just wanted to create a rallying point for brothers and sisters of the leaf to light 'em up and take a stand against onerous taxation, the looming threat of government over-regulation, and the social demonization that every day follows cigar smokers. March 6th became that day. And apparently, it struck a nerve because folks from around the world participated in the inaugural effort and many have already stated their intention to host parties and local efforts in their areas to celebrate March 6, 2014. Pretty cool.

Young Puffer Fish

I swear I read somewhere that March 6th was "no smoking day" in the UK. I really hope I'm wrong, or the irony would be just a touch too much...

Quote Originally Posted by bretted432 View Post
    I swear I read somewhere that March 6th was "no smoking day" in the UK. I really hope I'm wrong, or the irony would be just a touch too much...
    Wow, actually that would be fantastic...we won the first revolution too...