Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Suggestion to on line cigar shops for hot season/summer deliveries. Please read

This is a discussion on Suggestion to on line cigar shops for hot season/summer deliveries. Please read within the Meet the Manufacturer forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; I don`t know if any on line stores does that but i couldn`t find any and few i contacted didn`t ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes metinemre's Avatar

Suggestion to on line cigar shops for hot season/summer deliveries. Please read

I don`t know if any on line stores does that but i couldn`t find any and few i contacted didn`t care.

So here is my suggestion.
    How would it be if there was an option with the shipping that upgrades the shipping box to insulated foam cooler with few gel cooler packs that would keep the cigars cool?

I live in Arizona and i`m scared a lot when i`m ordering cigars in between May-November!!! Ok that`s a very long summer :P
    I would be more than happy to spend extra $25-30 (which would easily cover the foam box and cooler packs) knowing my cigars will arrive cool with no beetle eggs fear.
    Even overnight shipping is scary considering a temperature over 100F is way over limits which we read around 115F here nowadays. A lot more in non ac delivery trucks. These insulated foam boxes and cooler packs would easily last 2-3 maybe 4 days depending on the amount of cooler packs used and outside temperature.

Yes freezing cigars after arrival is option but why bother with that when we can benefit from tech?

I will gladly switch my on line shop to whichever offers this service.

Re: Suggestion to on line cigar shops for hot season/summer deliveries. Please read

You must be doing very well to take on another $25-$30 in extra shipping costs. Most people buy online for free shipping and lower costs/ stick. Cigars are pretty hardy and if you are that concerned and have the extra cash use Fedex overnight to reduce time in transit. I tend to make my large purchases during the winter which allows me to rest them for smoking all summer.

Re: Suggestion to on line cigar shops for hot season/summer deliveries. Please read

As it's much more time intensive in terms of packing and making sure everything is done correctly, I doubt you'll find many if ANY locations that would do this for you. I agree with the above, if you're going to spend that much anyway you should be able to get it sent overnight, or at most two day.

- Beetle eggs aren't going to hatch instantly, and even with the cooler in those temperatures it's something I'd take the extra steps of freezing with once I got them. That's just my personal opinion, though. If you freeze them as soon as you get them, then you eliminate that worry all together - for the current time and any future problems that may come from storage temperatures being too high for whatever possible reason.

You're more likely to run into problems if the package sits locally for a few days after being in transit for another few days.
    Puff's MASSIVE SmokeInn Microblend Contest! - Don't miss your chance to get some extremely limited, and some extremely hard to find Microblends!

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

I'm also in AZ. I wouldn't spend the extra money. I've had cigars shipped here from great distances with no problems. I do freeze them, but that's an easy preventative as an alternative to an extra $25.00 or so in cost. In fact, the only beetle I've ever encountered came home in a stick from a B&M.
    Puff the Magic Blowfish lived in the sea; But how he smoked underwater is a mystery to me.

No longer a community member.

One of the wisest things an FOG ever told me is this:

"Cigars are not nearly as fragile or temperate as most make them out to be!"

We get lost in the corners worrying about minutia like this, IMHO

Puffer Fish with some spikes metinemre's Avatar

Thanks for the replies. Mine is just a luxury suggestion that may be an extra choice on check out. You can still select the cheaper packaging or free slow shipping and freezing method. An extra option on anything is always good. More options and choices make life easier for everybody. I personally see cigar ``hobby`` diffrerent from ``smoking cigars occasionally`` If i`m buying cigars worth $200-300 at a time yes i`m willing to pay $25-30 more to it`s shipping, Think about this way. Overnight saver is around $30 for a medium package from Pa to Az; if heat insulated package was the same price; i would get heat insulated package cost+free shipping to overnight and receive the sticks well preserved rather than fast. Last order i got from Pa came overnight saver and i know the ups guy so he delievered my package at 10:30 am instead of after 3:00pm but still cigars felt out of oven.

Anyway an extra option on shipping; for people who think otherwise to make them feel safer isn`t going to increase shipping costs or stick prices to others.