Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Smoke on the Bay 2014 - Support the MPCPRA and get cigars

This is a discussion on Smoke on the Bay 2014 - Support the MPCPRA and get cigars within the Midwest forums, part of the Events and Herfs category; Just an heads up about a cool event organized by the [SIZE=3] " [/SIZE] Michigan Premium Cigar and Pipe Retailers ...

Full grown Puffer Fish Regiampiero's Avatar

Smoke on the Bay 2014 - Support the MPCPRA and get cigars

Just an heads up about a cool event organized by the [SIZE=3]"[/SIZE]Michigan Premium Cigar and Pipe Retailers Association" (MPCPRA) to raise awareness about up-and-coming Michigan cigar taxes. Although you probably don't care about the Michigan cigar tax, there's a nice perk for buying tickets to this event. Even if you don't go, they'll mail you $200 worth of cigars for a $100 entry ticket.
    I should also say that I've never gone to one of these, so I don't know what kind of cigars they'll give out, so don't take this as a recommendation. All I know is that the event is called "Smoke on the Bay 2014" and the website to order tickets is: smokeonthebay.eventbrite.com

The event will be held at Stables Martini & Cigar Bar, in Bay City, Michigan on Monday, March 10th from 7:00 to 9:30.

Leave a post if you're going because I'm undecided and it would be helpful to ear from some of you that have attended this event in the past.

Re: Smoke on the Bay 2014 - Support the MPCPRA and get cigars

Sounds like something I may need to check out. $100 is a bit hefty for so little info though.
    Boom Inc New Recruit

Full grown Puffer Fish Regiampiero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty2430 View Post
    Sounds like something I may need to check out. $100 is a bit hefty for so little info though.
    I know. $100 for a shot in the dark is not something I like to do, but that is why I post it here, maybe a member of Puff was familiar with the event but I guess not. Maybe I'll call them to see if their giving out something worthwhile or not.

Young Puffer Fish

I'm with both of you on that. My local B&M handed me a flyer for it, and I was interested. Was disappointed when I went to the website and there was no more info than printed on the flyer.

Young Puffer Fish

FWIW here is the flyer for anyone interested that has not seen it.

Name:  IMG_20140202_242354_417.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  52.1 KB

Full grown Puffer Fish syphon101's Avatar

Sounds interesting. Not to bad of a drive for me either, but I'm also curious about what they consider premium cigars... $100 is a bit to gamble on, and if they are going by Michigan+Tax prices then you're really not getting much for the money if you shop online.

Still, I would consider going.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish JustTroItIn's Avatar

If it were on a Friday then I might consider it, but a Monday night drive to Bay City and back for me is a no go.