Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

T&C Tobacco - St. Louis

This is a discussion on T&C Tobacco - St. Louis within the Missouri forums, part of the Members and Places to Smoke by Area category; T&C Tobacco is in West County off of Manchester road about a mile West of highway 270. This is my ...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish APBTMarcel's Avatar

T&C Tobacco - St. Louis

T&C Tobacco is in West County off of Manchester road about a mile West of highway 270. This is my go to place and I'll explain why.

One reason is that it is very close to my house, only about five minutes. But who cares about that unless you live close to me.

Even if it was far from me I think it would still be my go to store/lounge. The store is decently sized, lounge in the front of the store with a few chairs and a big screen. The walk in humidor is in the back of the store and is one of the largest in the area. They have a great selection of cigars and the prices are good to average.

The staff is extremly nice and knowledgeable. They leave you alone if you just want to browse or if you want help they will show you around the whole humi giving suggestions.

The cigars are always in great condition. The best I have seen in all of St. Louis. There are never any problems with cigars, these are kept perfectly. I normally don't smoke my cigars straight from the store, but these are ready to go.

This place is a must try if you are in St. Louis.

Young Puffer Fish

Re: T&C Tobacco - St. Louis

Nice review.

Usually in here on Monday's now with my new work schedule. Anyone free during the day Monday? Maybe monday evening if not? Let me know.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Evonnida's Avatar

1. Are they still in business?

2. What kind of premiums do they carry?

Quote Originally Posted by Evonnida View Post
    1. Are they still in business?

2. What kind of premiums do they carry?
    1) Yep

2) Opus X, Anejo's, Padron's

They do not have the best selection of premiums, I pretty much know every cigar in the humidor though so if you hvae more specific smokes in mind just let me know and I can probably tell you if they have them.

Puffer Fish with some spikes ch3rrytw1st's Avatar

My wife and I visited T&C after about a 6 year hiatus. I remembered the clerk (who was probably the owner, Keith) and he was very pleasant as well as the two patrons who were there watching politicalnews.

After twenty minutes getting an education on cigars (I haven't smoked in years and I'm still new to the game), my wife had already sat down and joined the conversation in front. It was a very friendly atmosphere and I wish we could get there more often. We do plan to return when we have a chance.

Highly recommend the store and unfortunately I cannot help in regards to the premiums question as I am still a noob. T&C Tobacco gets a big thumbs up from me and I'd like to find a place closer to my home similar. We live in Maplewood.

thanks,

John

Quote Originally Posted by APBTMarcel View Post
    T&C Tobacco is in West County off of Manchester road about a mile West of highway 270. This is my go to place and I'll explain why.

One reason is that it is very close to my house, only about five minutes. But who cares about that unless you live close to me.

Even if it was far from me I think it would still be my go to store/lounge. The store is decently sized, lounge in the front of the store with a few chairs and a big screen. The walk in humidor is in the back of the store and is one of the largest in the area. They have a great selection of cigars and the prices are good to average.

The staff is extremly nice and knowledgeable. They leave you alone if you just want to browse or if you want help they will show you around the whole humi giving suggestions.

The cigars are always in great condition. The best I have seen in all of St. Louis. There are never any problems with cigars, these are kept perfectly. I normally don't smoke my cigars straight from the store, but these are ready to go.

This place is a must try if you are in St. Louis.

Puffer Fish with some spikes ch3rrytw1st's Avatar

If anybody wants to meet up for a cigar here lmk. My wife tells me I lack "male bonding". Pfft. She's probably right, and the regular group of male friends I used to hang with are getting more and more busy with their families. In short, shoot me a PM and we can meet here or The Hill.

Maturing Puffer Fish

I'm far enough out of the city that I don't make it there very often, but T&C is one of my favorites. Started going there in college back in the '90's, and the owner always treated us right. That was the first place I ever saw Opus or Anejo on the shelf.

Maturing Puffer Fish

Well, thanks to this thread, I made a trip to T&C this afternoon.

The good news is, they were as friendly and helpful as I remember, and the selection was, if possible, even better. In the cabinet humidor out front, where they keep the seasonal and hard-to-find stuff, there were Opus, Anejo, maduro hemis, and lots of high-end Padrons.

The bad news is I saw lots of moldy cigars. Most seemed fine, but the moldy ones I picked up were extremely wet. I just couldn't bring myself to point it out and risk hearing, "it's not mold, it's plume!"

That's unfortunate, I'm back in town and I'll have to go stop by and check it out. You would definitely get the plume talk lol, oh well you can only do so much.