Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Kansas City, MO Recommendations?

This is a discussion on Kansas City, MO Recommendations? within the Missouri forums, part of the Members and Places to Smoke by Area category; Don't know if this is the best place to post this thread but I'll give it a try... Going to ...

Kansas City, MO Recommendations?

Don't know if this is the best place to post this thread but I'll give it a try...

Going to be in Kansas City, MO in a few weeks and was hoping to get some great recommendations from fellow cigar aficionado's...

1. Must visit cigar shops. I'm always on the hunt for rare cigars/memorabilia.

2. Must visit liquor shops. I'm always on the hunt for good bourbon/scotch. BTW what's the liquor tax in MO? Is it better to purchase in neighboring states?

3. Must visit BBQ. Traveling with my daughter's vball team (16 year olds) so an age appropriate place would be appreciated... Someone recommended: Gates, Aurther Bryants and LC's...

4. Must visit Cigar Lounge. This part will be a Dad's only tour...

5. Worthwhile tours and/or things to see/visit. Is the HD Factory worthwhile?

Thanks in advance and any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Maturing Puffer Fish

Re: Kansas City, MO Recommendations?

My fav BBQ in KC is either Oklahoma Joes or Jack Stack.....both are awesome........Only cigar shop/ lounge I have been to up there is Outlaw Cigar south......really big selection and a big lounge.......this has become a stand by for me as we often go to KC for soccer tournaments

hope this helps
    Jim

Elder Puffer Fish Leader piperdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fuelie95 View Post
    Don't know if this is the best place to post this thread but I'll give it a try...

Going to be in Kansas City, MO in a few weeks and was hoping to get some great recommendations from fellow cigar aficionado's...

1. Must visit cigar shops. I'm always on the hunt for rare cigars/memorabilia.

Diebels Sportsmans Gallery has great memorabilia and a good selection of cigars. Also Cigar and Tabac, especially if you like pipes. Outlaw South for lots and lots of cigars.

2. Must visit liquor shops. I'm always on the hunt for good bourbon/scotch. BTW what's the liquor tax in MO? Is it better to purchase in neighboring states?

Lukas Liquor off Metcalf and 119th street has one of the largest selections. I find stuff there that nobody else has.

3. Must visit BBQ. Traveling with my daughter's vball team (16 year olds) so an age appropriate place would be appreciated... Someone recommended: Gates, Aurther Bryants and LC's...

Go to Gates if you like to be yelled at when ordering. I personally don't care for Gates. Jack Stack's is one of the best.

4. Must visit Cigar Lounge. This part will be a Dad's only tour...

Outlaw South Metcalf and 135th.

5. Worthwhile tours and/or things to see/visit. Is the HD Factory worthwhile?

Don't know about the HD Factory. I'd either hit the WWI museum or Boulevard Brewing. BB makes fantastic Root Beer for the kids.

Thanks in advance and any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
    See answers above.

Quote Originally Posted by piperdown View Post
    See answers above.
    Thank you very much!! Looking forward to checking out your recommendations next week!