Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

That Figures...

This is a discussion on That Figures... within the Montana forums, part of the Members and Places to Smoke by Area category; ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes GeauxTigers's Avatar

That Figures...

Re: That Figures...

what that? The crickets in this section?

Yeah -- I should build a mountain cabin overlooking a scenic view for cigar smokers. Until that day...

Hmmm. I might have a line on something like that. Up on the Kootenai near Troy....

No kidin'? You have some land in MT? You from here originally?

I've only ever spent time there in the summers, but I have plenty of family throughout western Montana from Missoula to Eureka.
    It's been some time since I've been up, but I've been wanting to get back up there for the last two years now.
    Long vacation. Cigars. Whiskey. Family. Fishing.

All my Boze smoking locations are in the Gallatin, Madison, and Beartooth mountains. Would love to see a roof-top smoking section at 406.

Full grown Puffer Fish Joe Bonzo's Avatar

Does it count as a necro post if it's the only post in the forums?

Just looking for any fellow Montanans, looks to be a bit lonely though.

That's okay, it's really how we prefer things.

Young Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Warrior View Post
    All my Boze smoking locations are in the Gallatin, Madison, and Beartooth mountains. Would love to see a roof-top smoking section at 406.
    I know this thread's been 'expired' for a time now, but my girlfiend's dad was actually talking recently about the idea of a rooftop cigar lounge here in Billings

Nice - Tell him to do it.

Not sure if the nazi regime laws in our "free" state would allow such a thing... but it would be worth a try.

Young Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxTigers View Post
    Nice - Tell him to do it.

Not sure if the nazi regime laws in our "free" state would allow such a thing... but it would be worth a try.
    I'm planning on contacting the City Hall this week to find out more information on this, but as bars and restaurants can still allow outdoor smoking, I don't see why this should be a problem. The only concern I can see is the fact that it would be a rooftop and a smoking lounge would naturally require a bar, which would mean there would possibly have to be an alcohol consumption limit for the sake of safety. Also, I worry about the long-term success due to a limited season in which to operate.

Another idea I had is the idea of a private smoker's club. It seems the one here in Billings recently closed down. Since a private club is not considered a public establishment, it bypasses the ban laws...however would require substantial membership fees to operate.

Young Puffer Fish

Okay, so it turns out I was wrong about the private club idea. After talking to one the owner of Tobacco Row, where I occasionally buy a stick or two, it turns out the bans also include private institutions, which would explain the shutdown of Myo (I'm still somewhat new to the state, so it's taking some time learn the nuances). But from what I've been able to find, a rooftop lounge shouldn't be a problem as long as it's an open-air venue. The only issue I can see from that point is handicap accessibility, seeing as how building a lift is extremely expensive.