Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 10 of 122 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 60 110 ... LastLast

Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

This is a discussion on Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself) within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by Texasippi You meet nice people through tobacco. It opens doors. When I was a cub reporter for ...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish RevSmoke's Avatar

Re: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

Quote Originally Posted by Texasippi View Post
    You meet nice people through tobacco. It opens doors. When I was a cub reporter for a Mississippi daily 30 years ago, I covered a Town Council meeting at which a plug of Taylor's Pride was passed around. This time I didn't turn green, and I was welcomed to stay. I was introduced to this site by RevSmoke. He and I go back a few years, to the cigar dinners he held in and around Waterbury, Conn., before his move back to Wisconsin. We've also created cigar hazes over the lakes of the Tennessee Valley Authority under the ruse of chasing fish. <!-- / message -->
    We did do that, didn't we. Didn't catch a doggone thing either, did we?

But I do believe we managed to smoke a couple decent sticks.

Welcome to the pipe side.

Todd
    RevSmoke
    -- The only one you need to satisfy with what you smoke is you - enjoy it.

Moo-ism translator, Esq

Welcome Mike and Squid (you old geezer). Glad you're here and happy that you're already getting a taste of the experience that resides here.
    Reserved for future use....

Thumbs up Re: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

Hello all. nozero here aka Michael. I've been around the CS cigar forums for a bit, but CigarMonkel's post about pipes got me to thinking. Yeah, I know uh-oh...

I've not yet jumped, but for starters I plan to pick up a corncob pipe and some IQ, assuming it's still around? I liked it about 30 years ago, but a lot has changed since then (go figure). What the heck, I'm going to run up to the B&M across I20 and see what damage I can do...
    I draw, but I don't inhale.
    My $s go down in drink or up in smoke!
    Help find cures, join Team Helix.

Newbie in the ocean

Howdy howdy.

Yet another Michael here (seems to be an abundance of us), but I'll answer to anything if I know you're talking to me.

I've been smoking pipes about three months, I've got myself an unnamed Italian pipe and a Lord Roger, of which I've found no information on. I picked up a cob, which smokes much better than my B-pipes. I find myself smoking cavendish more than anything else, but I do like straight VAs. About half of my local B&M is cavendish bulk blends, so that probably explains it.

Aside from that, I'm an avid hunter, fisher, and beard-grower.

I think that about covers everything.

(For the sake of difference),
    -Mick

Moo-ism translator, Esq

Welcome Michael and Michael...I mean Mick. Please join us and read all the stickies...many questions answered. We're here to help.

Funny, I have a contractor crew from which I draw the services of 12 different guys...7 of which are named Mike

Out for Much Needed Smoke PipesandGOP's Avatar

Howdy, I've been a pipe smoker for a few months now... ever since the day I was given my pipe there's been no turning back. I've smoked cigars for years but there's just something about pipe smoking, I don't know if it's that aroma you get when you open your favorite tin or just taking it all in as you relax enjoying the perfect bowl, but there's really nothing better to me.

As to how I found CS... whenever I get into something new all I want to do is find out as much as I can about it so the night I got my pipe I stayed up all night googling pipe boards and found this one- it looked like it was really active, everybody seemed cool and helpful, soooo definately glad to be a member!
    Oppressors begin to tyrannize only when they acheive the installation and blackmailing of their own government officials, the facade of a free press (though privately owned), and an all too believing populace.- Mad Hatter
    Member of The Savage Nation

Welcome PipesandGOP!!!! These guys can teach you alot. I know I have learned a ton. Keep that pipe stoked and read away!!
    "I was gonna yell FORE, but I was too busy mumbling "No way that's gonna hit him"

Moo-ism translator, Esq

Welcome to PipesandGOP - enjoy and partake

Welcome to the CS pipe forums PipesandGOP.
    But real men--real men prefer their women like pipes. They knock them gently and care for them always. No man shares his pipes!!!

IHT

welcome to the pipe forum.
    "To be second guessed, you have to be the first guesser."

Welcome everyone since the last time I said welcome
    A bad day hunting or fishing is better than a good day at work.

Out for Much Needed Smoke PipesandGOP's Avatar

Thanks for the warm welcome, by the way, name's Zack.. I figured that'd work a little better than pipesandGOP
    Oppressors begin to tyrannize only when they acheive the installation and blackmailing of their own government officials, the facade of a free press (though privately owned), and an all too believing populace.- Mad Hatter

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Welcome Zack! Glad to have you aboard.

IHT

Quote Originally Posted by PipesandGOP View Post
    Thanks for the warm welcome, by the way, name's Zack.. I figured that'd work a little better than pipesandGOP
    zack
    are you ex-military? just asking due to ft. bragg being right there. there's a handful of us that are ex-mil and some still work as contractors (and go TDY there).
    "To be second guessed, you have to be the first guesser."

Zack and IHT.... I'm living in Fayetteville, as well. PM me sometime when you guys want to get together.

Page 10 of 122 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 60 110 ... LastLast