Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 101 of 122 FirstFirst ... 51 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1824

Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

This is a discussion on Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself) within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Hello, I have been a pipe smoker for about 30 years and have always enjoyed it immensely. I always enjoyed ...

Newbie in the ocean

Re: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

Hello, I have been a pipe smoker for about 30 years and have always enjoyed it immensely. I always enjoyed Dunhill My Mixture 965. has anyone found a new source or a good replacement?

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Welcome to Puff Dave!

Quote Originally Posted by smokindave View Post
    Hello, I have been a pipe smoker for about 30 years and have always enjoyed it immensely. I always enjoyed Dunhill My Mixture 965. has anyone found a new source or a good replacement?
    Hi Dave! They carry Dunhill tins at most of the regular online vendors, for example:
    Dunhill My Mixture 965 50g Tobaccos at Smoking Pipes .com

Welcome!
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Yeah, Dunhill went away for a bit but is back and stocked by most reputable online vendors again now.
    Dale

Puffer Fish with many spikes Hambone1's Avatar

Howdy all (from Texas)! Let me introduce myself, my name is Shawn. I've just recently started back to smoking a pipe. I used to smoke a pipe a long time ago, when I was in the Marine Corps back in the 80s. Back then money was tight and I could only partake in the store bought tobacco from the local grocery store. Recently while waiting for the lovely wife (26 years, woot) to get her nails done in the mail I wondered into the Tobacco shop. Needless to say that I ended up purchasing a new pipe and some of the shops blends So smooth and tasty. My wife actually loves the tobacco aroma, so I have permission to continue.

I'm extremely new to this so I was searching the internet (google pipes and I found this site). I've been browsing through the forums and found that people are extremely helpful. So I thought I'd stop by, hang out and ask questions from time to time. What drew me into this site was the helpful and not snobbish dialect on the forums.

Right now, I'm really excited to taste and see the vast selections of tobaccos. I had never really been exposed to my local Cigar/Pipe stores until recently. I've randomly stop by some of them to see what they have to offer. I'm slowly discovering the numerous tobacco selections that are out there and I'm looking forward to experimenting with them. I'm learning that the smoke shop's house blends are a secret, they won't tell you who or where they get it from. I assuming this is what would keep you into coming back to that smoke shop, to get there 'special blends'.

I'm not so interested, right now, in getting a numerous collection of pipes. Right now, I'm focused on discovering tobacco flavors. I've got a good pipe, so I'm content with that for now.

I haven't ordered any 'tins' of tobacco yet. Been tasting the local tobacco store's house blends. I'm a little wary of ordering tins that I haven't smelled before. Worried about spending the money on the item and then not liking it once I try it out. I'm sure I'll have to try it out sometime, there are just too many options for me not to try them out.

Anyway, thanks for the community! I look forward to participating from time to time and learning from you'al!

Shawn

Welcome to the Pipe Side Shawn!
    Dale

Hi, my name is James, and I'm a pipe-aholic. (hmmm, no pipe smilies. Darn)

I've been a pipe smoker for around 8 years, having switched from cigarettes. I found this place a few days ago, don't remember how... I can't remember yesterday. Or an hour ago.

But today, there it was among my open tabs, so I thought, "what the heck? Might as well join. These folks seem nice enough, and hey! They're doing pipe bombs! That's cool."

So, here I am. Nice to meet you all.

Welcome to the forum James. Pull up a chair!

btw click "more" under the displayed smilies.

Quote Originally Posted by Colm View Post
    Hi, my name is James, and I'm a pipe-aholic. (hmmm, no pipe smilies. Darn)

So, here I am. Nice to meet you all.
    Anybody named James on his way to losing his mind gets my vote, obviously.

Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Young Fish

Hi everyone, new to pipe smoking here. Have an Irish heritage so picked up some Peterson pipes (Royal Irish #408 and Harp #6and tobacco (Special Reserve 2009 & 2010 and De Luxe Mixture). Intend to only be an occasional smoker and have a lot to learn! Looking forward to learning a lot more and enjoying this new hobby of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by jpdunn01 View Post
    Hi everyone, new to pipe smoking here. Have an Irish heritage so picked up some Peterson pipes (Royal Irish #408 and Harp #6and tobacco (Special Reserve 2009 & 2010 and De Luxe Mixture). Intend to only be an occasional smoker and have a lot to learn! Looking forward to learning a lot more and enjoying this new hobby of mine.
    Welcome! you came to the right place.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Tashy's Avatar

A very big welcome to the new pipe members.

Welcome to the forum JP, pull up a chair!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish carpenter's Avatar

Ok so I haven't officially introduced my self in this thread so I thought i might as well do it now. I have made a couple of posts on the pipe side but for the most part I have stuck to the cigar side.

I finally decided to make the jump to pipes when I get paid next week with a cob pipe and have had a couple offers from some very generous brothers on the pipe side to help me out with some samples.

So i guess with that, Hello, hoping to learn a lot from you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by jpdunn01 View Post
    Heheheheeeeeeeeeee.
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.