Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 103 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1824

Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

This is a discussion on Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself) within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Hello all. My name is Thom and just starting to take up the pipe puffing. Have my first pipe on ...

Re: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

Hello all. My name is Thom and just starting to take up the pipe puffing. Have my first pipe on the way and am anxious to get started enjoying the vast array of tobaccos.

Quote Originally Posted by DahlKen View Post
    Hello all. My name is Thom and just starting to take up the pipe puffing. Have my first pipe on the way and am anxious to get started enjoying the vast array of tobaccos.
    You've definitely knocked on the right door, Thom. Take a seat and puff a few! You'll be sliding down the PAD/TAD slope into abject poverty in no time.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Puffer Fish with many spikes Hambone1's Avatar

PAD/TAD.... what do they stand for?

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    PAD/TAD.... what do they stand for?
    Pipe/Tobacco Acquisition Disorder.

Puffer Fish with many spikes Hambone1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    Pipe/Tobacco Acquisition Disorder.
    ic... oh crap! I'm afflicted with that! My wife hates this disorder!

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    ic... oh crap! I'm afflicted with that! My wife hates this disorder!
    Comes with the territory, Shawn. Tells us how she feels after you buy that $600 Castello instead of the new chair for the living room.

Lightbulb Re: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the pipe smoking world and thought I would drop a hello to all.

I recently acquired my grandfathers old Tanganyika Block Meerschaum pipe and purchased a Bjarne Viking Sandblasted Briar Pipe of my own. I thought it would be a fun hobby to unwind from the stressfull life of a graduate student and I've always enjoyed the smell of a good pipe tobacco.

I've been smoking around 2 months now, not much, usually 3 or 4 bowls a week, just to relax with. I feel I've gotten it down pretty effectively as far as packing, tamping, and lighting at this point, I don't struggle with any of them much any more.

I was curious as to what some of your favorite pipe tobaccos are to smoke? Any that are exceptionally highly favored among most in the forums? Thanks for any recommendations and ideas!

Best,

Zac

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Xodar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SnackPack View Post
    Hi everyone,

I recently acquired my grandfathers old Tanganyika Block Meerschaum pipe and purchased a Bjarne Viking Sandblasted Briar Pipe of my own. I thought it would be a fun hobby to unwind from the stressfull life of a graduate student and I've always enjoyed the smell of a good pipe tobacco.

I've been smoking around 2 months now, not much, usually 3 or 4 bowls a week, just to relax with. I feel I've gotten it down pretty effectively as far as packing, tamping, and lighting at this point, I don't struggle with any of them much any more.

I was curious as to what some of your favorite pipe tobaccos are to smoke? Any that are exceptionally highly favored among most in the forums? Thanks for any recommendations and ideas!

Best,

Zac
    Welcome Zac!
    I believe everyone has their favorites among pipe tobacco, and highly flavored is very subjective. There are a lot of flavorful, hearty tobaccos that are totally unflavored as far as additives. There are also quite a few solid aromatics that have a following around here. A guy probably couldn't go wrong with Boswell aromatics, and I would reccomend trying an english style tobacco to get an idea of what latakia (a popular condiment tobacco) tastes like.

As far as my own current favorites, Esoterica Tilbury, Mac Baren Navy Flake, and Cornell and Diehil 3 friars are all getting some regular flame in my rotation at the moment, but that is a constantly changing list.

Puffer Fish with some spikes italiansmoker's Avatar

Welcome Shawn and Zac!

Young Puffer Fish

Hi Zac. I smoke three different tobaccos, depending on my mood. I've tried more than I can remember, but keep coming back to these three.
    Two are made by Peter Stokkebye. Luxury Navy Flake, and Luxury English Blend. My all day smoke is a Lane aromatic bulk blend called, RLP-6. My favorite drug store brand is Prince Albert. This hobby is never dull, as there are hundreds and hundreds of blends available. Good luck in your quest.

Randy W...

Quote Originally Posted by SnackPack View Post
    Hi everyone,

Best,

Zac

Newbie in the ocean

I originally posted in the New Puffer Fish thread I realized there was a dedicated pipe one. So I'm gonna copy and paste for convenience.

Hi everybody! I have been smoking an occasional cigar for a few years, nothing serious. I started to do some research on starting a collection and found this forum. I actually decided to try a pipe instead. The initial costs were more in my price range. I got a MM corn cob, some frog Morton, a Czech tool, and some pipe cleaners all for around $25. I should be receiving them in a few days. I can't wait to try it out! I just need to get my wife over the "what are you popeye?" thing. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JPDVM2014 View Post
    I originally posted in the New Puffer Fish thread I realized there was a dedicated pipe one. So I'm gonna copy and paste for convenience.

Hi everybody! I have been smoking an occasional cigar for a few years, nothing serious. I started to do some research on starting a collection and found this forum. I actually decided to try a pipe instead. The initial costs were more in my price range. I got a MM corn cob, some frog Morton, a Czech tool, and some pipe cleaners all for around $25. I should be receiving them in a few days. I can't wait to try it out! I just need to get my wife over the "what are you popeye?" thing. Lol.
    Congratulations, Jon. "You've taken your first step into a larger world". There's a lot of great information in here and great people, too. Watch out for the TAD and PAD. You can ease the symptoms but it never goes away.

I left this for a few months on purpose because I was rude to the members on this side when I first started posting here.

Hi pipers, I'm Warren & I've only been smoking pipes for a short time. My other half (Tashy) is a member here also and has a little more experience with the pipe than me but we are both newbs in reality compared to our cigar experience.

There are an awful lot of genuine & profoundly helpful people in this pipe section, I pay homage to those that have helped me on this journey which is most of you. Smoke on people & may every bowl be astounding.
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

I joined up awhile back, my computer crashed and I lost all my stuff. I had forgotten about this place till recently. Guess I need to reintroduce myself.

I'm JK and I've been smoking a pipe on and off for a year or so. I now have become hooked. I've got a Missouri Meerschaum Cob and a Peterson 999 Army. I've mainly smoked over the counter stuff like Prince Albert and Half and Half.

I'm looking to broaden my horizons a bit both pipe wise and tobacco wise.

I'm open to suggestions on either. This looks to be a nice place to learn.

Welcome to all the new guys! Puff is a great place to learn about tons of tobacco and certainly broaden your horizons. Watch the slope, it's steep!