Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 104 of 122 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 1824

Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

This is a discussion on Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself) within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Hello gents and ladies I am new to this site far as posting is concerned as I have been skulking ...

Newbie in the ocean

Re: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

Hello gents and ladies I am new to this site far as posting is concerned as I have been skulking around the forums for a time figured it was time to post and introduce myself.

I think I found this site by googling it to be honest mayhaps it was a tobacco I was researching anyway I have been smoking for about 15 years on and off and am always looking for a good smoke.

well cheers all and nice to meet you all!

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by alphacs View Post
    Hello gents and ladies I am new to this site far as posting is concerned as I have been skulking around the forums for a time figured it was time to post and introduce myself.

I think I found this site by googling it to be honest mayhaps it was a tobacco I was researching anyway I have been smoking for about 15 years on and off and am always looking for a good smoke.

Jon

Welcome to the forum Jon!

Welcome aboard!

Quote Originally Posted by pipeguy View Post
    I'm looking to broaden my horizons a bit both pipe wise and tobacco wise.

I'm open to suggestions on either. This looks to be a nice place to learn.
    BE afraid. Be VERY afraid.

Welcome, JK!
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by alphacs View Post

Jon
    1792! You will find many a kindred spirit!

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Hi all,

While not super new to puff, I have placed my first ever pipe order. Pipes are totally foreign to me and I am not sure where to begin...

Trial and error is going to be a big factor I think. This is gonna be a slippery slope.

Welcome to the forum Justin. If you have any questions ask away!

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
    Hi all,

While not super new to puff, I have placed my first ever pipe order. Pipes are totally foreign to me and I am not sure where to begin...

Trial and error is going to be a big factor I think. This is gonna be a slippery slope.
    Just start anywhere! Inquiring minds want to know, though -- you ordered what, exactly? Whatever, you're on the right track.

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    Just start anywhere! Inquiring minds want to know, though -- you ordered what, exactly? Whatever, you're on the right track.
    started with a starter kit from smokingpipes... was steered there by a friend from high school (20 years ago). also picked up a small tin of stanwell melange and G. L. Pease: Chelsea Morning.

I think it'll be a good start.. sorta flying blind here

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
    started with a starter kit from smokingpipes... was steered there by a friend from high school (20 years ago). also picked up a small tin of stanwell melange and G. L. Pease: Chelsea Morning.

I think it'll be a good start.. sorta flying blind here
    Don't see how you could go far wrong there! (Unless, like non-puffers would say, you've already gone wrong. )

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    And your IQ by 20! (No lie! Latest gov't report says nicotine is the best of the brain boosters. The anti-tobacco Nazis must be squirming, but they're a stupid lot anyhow. I mean, how smart can you possibly be without nicotine!? Viz. Einstein, Samuel Clemens, GB Shaw...) . . .
    Hey, Jim, next time please consider adding G.K. Chesterton to your list of nicotine geniuses - or if he's already on it, perhaps move him up a few notches?

Okay, okay - my name is Terry, and I'm from the cigar side of puff. But I "accidentally" stumbled upon the "Tobacco P0rn Thread" (here Take a Picture of Your Tobacco Thread) the other day, and got this oddly invigorating welcome-home-deja-vu kind of feeling.

That, plus your "tobacco p0rn" beats out the "cigar p0rn" just about every time - posts 40, 47 and 132 from the above thread almost had me joining the dark side, but when I got to posts 167-168 I had no choice: that flake looks good enough to take a bite out of (thanks for posting, Andrew).

So, I assume I am now one of the few pipeless oglers on here (wouldn't know what to do with it if I had one), but I hope to pick up a many, MANY tips and pointers from you fine gentlemen (and ladies) before diving off yet another cliff (starting with a whole new vocab, it seems - what's a "gurgle"?).

I'm in no hurry, got a cooler full of sticks, but just wanted to say Hi and to let you all know that you've got some stogie-smokers watching over your shoulder, so to speak, awaiting the time when they're ready to participate more fully in the purest form of this, our "gentle art".

1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Terry, you are welcome over here any time!

Hey guys! My name is Scott. I just got a job at a pipe and cigar shop called Don Yeyo in Dearborn, Michigan. I've been smoking cigars for a while, and I've decided to give pipes a shot.

I just ordered a Dragon Claw meerschaum and a whole array of pipe cleaners and a nice leather stand for it.

I can't wait to try our BCA blend tobacco at work. One of our regulars smokes it and it smells amazing. Our HS3 also seems to smell great too. All I can say is, I'm glad I'm getting into this hobby with a discount!
    http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25414&dateline=129929  7715

Welcome to the pipe side Scott!

Sounds like you have the ideal job for this hobby! Smoking a pipe isn't forbidden, it's probably encouraged so that you can broaden your knowledge! Very cool!

Hey there folks! My name is Barret and I'm from the Atlanta, GA area. Been smoking pipes on and off for around 8 years, but been a steady pipe smoker for that past 7 months. I have around 20 pipes, from Cobs to Randy Wiley briars, and always on the lookout for more to add to the collection. I look forward to learning more about this great hobby.