Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 106 of 122 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 1824

Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

This is a discussion on Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself) within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Welcome to Puff Tinuz! Here you will learn the fine art of smoking a pipe and the love of trying ...

Puffer Fish with many spikes Hambone1's Avatar

Re: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

Welcome to Puff Tinuz! Here you will learn the fine art of smoking a pipe and the love of trying tasty new tobaccos (to find your favorites). Everyone here will be willing to help you with what ever questions you have. This is a very helpful and generous community. Hope you enjoy your stay.
    Puffers will push you down the slippery slope of PAD/TAD! Get out while you can!

Newbie in the ocean

Hey there I'm completely new to pipe smoking if someone could please PM me or post here

a few beginners pipes well good to start off with
    and a few beginners pipe tobacco's

I have been a normal smoker for 2 years.

If it's possible also could you name a few good sites to buy tobacco on using ******?

I live in the UK, england Hampshire no local pipe tobacco shops near me the closest thing i can get is like tesco's, Which sells stuff like condor...
    I'm not sure if its any good so please let me know

Thanks,

Jiimbob.

Welcome to the forum, try out the condor, I love the stuff. Capstan should be easy to get and is pretty good to.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiimbob View Post
    Hey there I'm completely new to pipe smoking if someone could please PM me or post here

a few beginners pipes well good to start off with
    and a few beginners pipe tobacco's

I have been a normal smoker for 2 years.

If it's possible also could you name a few good sites to buy tobacco on using ******?

I live in the UK, england Hampshire no local pipe tobacco shops near me the closest thing i can get is like tesco's, Which sells stuff like condor...
    I'm not sure if its any good so please let me know

Thanks,

Jiimbob.

Newbie in the ocean

Quote Originally Posted by Zfog View Post
    Welcome to the forum, try out the condor, I love the stuff. Capstan should be easy to get and is pretty good to.
    Alright thanks will try it out tomorow, Any recommendations with the pipes mate?

Gents.
    I have been lurking for a few weeks and been trying to take in all I can.
    At some point I will take the leap.......so for now, I will be in the backround....
    Bull...
    An "oath" has no expiration date......

Quote Originally Posted by asmartbull View Post
    Gents.
    I have been lurking for a few weeks and been trying to take in all I can.
    At some point I will take the leap.......so for now, I will be in the backround....
    Bull...
    Dont do it! It will pull you in and not let you go I promise. However it has been one of the best things I ever did.
    I wish I could write as mysterious as a cat.
    Edgar Allan Poe

Welcome to the pipe side.. see my signature!
    Puffers will push you down the slippery slope of PAD/TAD! Get out while you can!

No longer a community member.

You just can't get that tasty VA flavor from smoking cigars.

Mmmm...so good.

Take the leap Bull.....
    Pipe Tobacco Lotto winner for July 2014!

Deviant Gentleman The Mad Professor's Avatar

Greetings gentleman,
    I have read your posts for some time now, and was encouraged by another member to join your site. I have been falling into pipes steadily and have all but given up cigar smoking. The lady friend enjoys it and that is reason enough. My students also get a kick when I lecture pipe in hand.

I usually keep drugstore blends as a daily smoke (CB or PA), but I do enjoy a good VA/Per (LNF usually) with frequency. I am also partial to aromatics, as is the lady friend, but have not developed a taste for English blends yet. When I first smoked the house English I enjoyed it, though I later tried Dunhill SMM and was not pleased. After that, no English blend has piqued my taste...as of yet.

I am also a calabash gourd pipe enthusiast. I first came to this site while researching my recently purchased calabash estate pipe. It is since restored and I enjoy it nearly every day. I do have a strange premonition of more calabash pipes in my not so distant future...

I look forward to contributing to this community and getting to know all of you.

Welcome to the Puff community, hope you enjoy your stay!

Newbie in the ocean

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Professor View Post
    Greetings gentleman,
    I have read your posts for some time now, and was encouraged by another member to join your site. I have been falling into pipes steadily and have all but given up cigar smoking. The lady friend enjoys it and that is reason enough. My students also get a kick when I lecture pipe in hand.

I usually keep drugstore blends as a daily smoke (CB or PA), but I do enjoy a good VA/Per (LNF usually) with frequency. I am also partial to aromatics, as is the lady friend, but have not developed a taste for English blends yet. When I first smoked the house English I enjoyed it, though I later tried Dunhill SMM and was not pleased. After that, no English blend has piqued my taste...as of yet.

I am also a calabash gourd pipe enthusiast. I first came to this site while researching my recently purchased calabash estate pipe. It is since restored and I enjoy it nearly every day. I do have a strange premonition of more calabash pipes in my not so distant future...

I look forward to contributing to this community and getting to know all of you.

Dear Professor,
    I offer the following opinions for your edification:
    1. Drugstore tobacco is made with "junk" tobacco and more than likely has chemicals added to produce "aroma's". I think anything with chemicals added is a bad thing. For your health as well as anyone nearby who has to experience artificial aroma's.
    2.I personally smoke Dunhill 965 and prefer it as it (so far) has no chemicals added for flavor or aroma, both of which come from the blending of specific tobacco.
    3. I likewise found that I was wasting large sums of money buying cheap pipes. I finally wised up and about 15 years ago bought 5 Dunhill ODA's. Finally got pipes that smoked the way I always thought a pipe should smoke.
    4. As you know cigarettes are made from tobacco that has been rejected for cigar making or is of a lesser (cheap) value. Chemicals are added for flavor and so that it won't go out like a pipe or a cigar. A con job by the cigarette folks to make you think that relighting is a negative and their lousy tasting ciggies are to be preferred.
    I hope this has been helpful and will send on the path to good, un-tampered with blends of tobacco.

Hello all,

I've been smoking cigars on and off for about 15 years. Just recently started getting back into it. Upon reading some of the pipes forum, I went out and picked up a couple cheap pipes and tobaccy. Another steep slope incoming it appears.

Scott

Puffer Fish with some spikes italiansmoker's Avatar

Welcome a board, Scott!

Hey guys! (and gals?) I've been lurking on this forum for a few days now, and man, this is a goldmine of information in here. Plus a group of very friendly, and knowledgeable people!

So, my story...

I quit cigarettes about 10 years ago, and smoked maybe 2 cigars a year since, on special occasions. Recently, this number has gone up to maybe 1 or 2 a week. I like the taste of them (except for a few recent ones), but I didn't care for the ashtray flavor that kept lingering for days after I smoked one, nor my wife's reaction when I came within a few feet of her, even hours afterwards. For this very reason, I am confined to smoking outside, and taking a shower, brush my teeth and changing clothes afterwards. That's perfectly fine with me during the summer months, but winters get a little harsh here in the mid-west... Add to this the pretty steep prices for a decent cigar, especially when buying singles, since I smoke so little, and have no humidor, it all just didn't feel right.

I knew from years past that (at least some) pipes smelled heavenly, and after doing a little research (this forum being a major contributor to that) I thought what the heck. I picked up a cheap $5 pipe (A Yello-Bole Spartan they probably fished out of a trash can somewhere), and some "Anniversary Blend" from the closest B&M yesterday. After only smoking one bowl, I can say that even though I have a long way to go, and a LOT of blends to try before I can declare my favorites, I am hooked. My wife can actually bare the smell of it, and I may have a shot at being upgraded to the garage to smoke now! (Trust me, this is a big thing) No ashtray flavor to speak of, and the little there is goes away fast. Of course I had some beginner issues, and a little tongue bite, but I blame that on a combination of smoking too fast & hot, and the wrong beverage (too acid maybe?) I'll experiment with both of those, and am confident I'll get them resolved.

I feel I'm off to a good start, and can't wait to explore more of this world that has opened up to me. Maybe I'll be able to get in on this sampler trade thingy you guys have going here (which by the way, is an amazing idea!) once I get my feet wet.

Wow, so much for a short intro, eh? oh well. lol

Happy puffing!