Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 108 of 122 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 1824

Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

This is a discussion on Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself) within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Welcome Basil and Charlie! You've come to the right place!...

Re: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

Welcome Basil and Charlie! You've come to the right place!

Newbie in the ocean

Hey Now!!!
    just dropping a line to say hello to all.
    New to the pipe, looking to get hooked. I need a new hobby , like a hole in the head.
    I will try to find a way to work it into flying rc planes,shooting high powered rockets, and fishing.
    and I'm off........

Quote Originally Posted by compass1 View Post
    Hey Now!!!
    just dropping a line to say hello to all.
    New to the pipe, looking to get hooked. I need a new hobby , like a hole in the head.
    I will try to find a way to work it into flying rc planes,shooting high powered rockets, and fishing.
    and I'm off........
    Welcome to the forum!
    You could always use the pipe cherry to light a fuse

Hey pipers,

Some of you may know me from the cigar side, but as with much of our counterparts, I am starting to dabble in the pipes.

I bought a corn cob a few weeks ago to finish the nubs of my cigars and figured I might as well try some baccy too.

Well, got some in a trade I did over in the ronson jetlite trade from Zogg.

I shall be asking LOTS of questions, and yes, I have started to read some of the stickys but they are lonnnnng and sometimes my patience doesnt last that long.

Well, happy smoking
    People say motivation doesn't last ... neither does bathing. Thats why we do it everyday.

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Swany View Post
    Hey pipers,

Some of you may know me from the cigar side, but as with much of our counterparts, I am starting to dabble in the pipes.

I bought a corn cob a few weeks ago to finish the nubs of my cigars and figured I might as well try some baccy too.

Well, got some in a trade I did over in the ronson jetlite trade from Zogg.

I shall be asking LOTS of questions, and yes, I have started to read some of the stickys but they are lonnnnng and sometimes my patience doesnt last that long.

Well, happy smoking
    Hell, Rob - we better just move the whole dang bunch "over here". All except Oldmso54, of course, who's voiced his steadfast refusal to EVER touch a pipe.

Whatcha smokin' and likin' so far?
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Tried two different types today, C&D Jamican Rum and Mclelland 3 cherry. Of course, I just went and read how to pack a pipe and will try again later. My first two bowls were terrible and I blame my just jumping into the shark infested waters without proper gear attitude.,

Will let ya know howe it goes a lil later with some different techniques.
    People say motivation doesn't last ... neither does bathing. Thats why we do it everyday.

Good afternoon pipers.

I've been on puff for a while now gleaning all I can from the cigar aficionados. With a baby on the way, bills piling up and the wife getting laid off last week, I am drawn to the more affordable (per smoke) hobby of pipe smoking. Just thought I'd check in so you know who's asking all the n00b questions.

I look forward to purchasing my first pipe and trying many different types of tobacco.

Will see you around gents.

Well, looks like I'm in good company with Swany and Probategeek. I am just *thinking* about getting a pipe. I smoked one in high school when I was too dumb to know what the hell i was doing but thought it made me look smarter. professorial even. Well now that I actually AM a professor I figured maybe I could try it again. I hear they don't make you stinky like cigars do so maybe my wife would be more approving too.

I don't know anything about packing or cleaning or anything basically about pipes so I think I'll lurk around and try to learn something.
    Man I wish I had something witty and inspiring to say. Or even a URL to share.

Deviant Gentleman The Mad Professor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gasdocok View Post
    Well, looks like I'm in good company with Swany and Probategeek. I am just *thinking* about getting a pipe. I smoked one in high school when I was too dumb to know what the hell i was doing but thought it made me look smarter. professorial even. Well now that I actually AM a professor I figured maybe I could try it again. I hear they don't make you stinky like cigars do so maybe my wife would be more approving too.

I don't know anything about packing or cleaning or anything basically about pipes so I think I'll lurk around and try to learn something.
    Well, my good colleague, do not be afraid of the dark side. I certainly embrace the professorial nature of the pipe as well. I love my calabashes, and I'm still looking for a corduroy jacket with elbow patches!

IMO, grab a corn cob, some Price Albert, a tamper and some pipe cleaners from your local B&M and that should have puffing again in no time (and for under $20 too). Cobs normally smoke better than the drugstore brand pipes IMO, YMMV. Selecting a nice expensive pipe seems to be an art and science, normally guided by experience.

The cleaning info here is great and it's not hard to do...then with a little help from ebay PAD can set in. Also try the Newbie Sampler Trade and those guys will certainly help the TAD set in...

And then you too will fall victim to the evil clutches of the pipe!... err I mean then you too will enjoy all the pleasures pipe smoking has to offer.

P.S. I have yet to find a woman who doesn't like the scent of a good aromatic blend.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Professor View Post
    Well, my good colleague, do not be afraid of the dark side. I certainly embrace the professorial nature of the pipe as well. I love my calabashes, and I'm still looking for a corduroy jacket with elbow patches!

IMO, grab a corn cob, some Price Albert, a tamper and some pipe cleaners from your local B&M and that should have puffing again in no time (and for under $20 too). Cobs normally smoke better than the drugstore brand pipes IMO, YMMV. Selecting a nice expensive pipe seems to be an art and science, normally guided by experience.

The cleaning info here is great and it's not hard to do...then with a little help from ebay PAD can set in. Also try the Newbie Sampler Trade and those guys will certainly help the TAD set in...

And then you too will fall victim to the evil clutches of the pipe!... err I mean then you too will enjoy all the pleasures pipe smoking has to offer.

P.S. I have yet to find a woman who doesn't like the scent of a good aromatic blend.
    Welcome to all the newcomers! I am amongst you. I have found the pipe to be preferable to my cigars now

Definitely get yourselves a few cobs, you can substitute a nail with a large head for a tamper and sign up for the Newb Sampler Trade for Pipes. You can't go wrong with that. For the price of the cobs and a few tins of baccy for the trade you are up and running.

I've found a couple sites besides the GREAT info posted here that have helped a little":
    Tobacco pipe smoking tips
    Pipe Smoking Guide

Scott

Add this. Paul, please keep it coming!!

Pipes | Paul The Polymath

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes quo155's Avatar

Hello guys (& gals?)...

I have been lurking around the pipe section of Puff for awhile now...joined the NPS trade...and have included a few posts around the area...and even a thread.

Finally, today...I realize that I have yet to really check out the Pipe Section of Puff, nor have I introduced myself here.

I am Tommy and live in East Texas. I've smoked a pipe on and off for about 15 years...mainly cigars for the same. However, most cigars don't impress me anymore...as I seem to be loosing interest in them. I have several that i still enjoy...and I love that smoking helps me slow down the pace and enjoy life...but I seem to not have the time, patience, and the heat doesn't help matters much...to smoke a cigar. I know pipes can take even more patience, but my wife & kids enjoy the aroma from my pipe...and hate my cigars! I also dip Copenhagen ever waking hour of every day...and that may have affected my cigar enjoyment as well...I dunno!

So, I will be digging deeper and deeper into this Pipe Forum...to see where it takes me...and if I have found a new love...pipes over cigars. Being as "old fashioned" as I am...and that I too love the aromas...I think I might get hooked!
    Join the NRA, ask me WHY! CCF on Facebook

Young Fish

Hey Folks,

I have enjoyed the occasional cigar for the last few years on my travels but have trouble finding good smoke shops on the road. Having always been attracted to the nostalgia of pipes, I thought it would be fun to try taking a pipe along with me. After some research here and on youtube my first order from pipesandtabacco is on the way! This looks like a great forum and I look forward to the newbie trade when I get my post count up.

Take care everyone,

Jeff

Welcome and good smoking
    Pipe Tobacco Lotto winner for July 2014!

What's up everyone? I've been kicking around the idea of getting a pipe to try it out and figured I'd introduce myself before I started asking a bunch of dumb questions. My name is Tim. I've been smoking cigars for a while but only regularly/seriously for a few months now. Smoking a pipe has always intrigued me but obviously, never to the point to try it. That is until now. The only time I've ever puffed on a pipe was as a kid when my grandpa let me have a tiny puff, and that was from his dog's pipe. Yep, his dog smoked a pipe as well as cigars and cigarettes. Anyway, getting off track here. I really think this is something that I would enjoy and can't wait to give it a shot. I'm looking at corn cobs right now and researching what kinds of tobaccos I should experiment with. Thanks in advance for any help.