Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 109 of 122 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 1824

Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

This is a discussion on Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself) within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by TexAzTim What's up everyone? I've been kicking around the idea of getting a pipe to try it ...

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes quo155's Avatar

Re: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

Quote Originally Posted by TexAzTim View Post
    What's up everyone? I've been kicking around the idea of getting a pipe to try it out and figured I'd introduce myself before I started asking a bunch of dumb questions. My name is Tim. I've been smoking cigars for a while but only regularly/seriously for a few months now. Smoking a pipe has always intrigued me but obviously, never to the point to try it. That is until now. The only time I've ever puffed on a pipe was as a kid when my grandpa let me have a tiny puff, and that was from his dog's pipe. Yep, his dog smoked a pipe as well as cigars and cigarettes. Anyway, getting off track here. I really think this is something that I would enjoy and can't wait to give it a shot. I'm looking at corn cobs right now and researching what kinds of tobaccos I should experiment with. Thanks in advance for any help.
    Welcome Tim...I am new as well to pipes...somewhat, but welcome!

I noticed that you are looking at a cob pipe. Check out this link to a thread I just started recently...as I have received a lot of feedback from the pipe guys here...: This Pipe?
    Join the NRA, ask me WHY! CCF on Facebook

Thanks Tommy! I read throughout that last night and ordered up a patriot, escudo and some tools to get started. I can't wait to try this!

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes quo155's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TexAzTim View Post
    Thanks Tommy! I read throughout that last night and ordered up a patriot, escudo and some tools to get started. I can't wait to try this!
    Awesome Tim...thats working quick! I have yet to place my order...as I am going to visit my local B&M here shortly...
    Join the NRA, ask me WHY! CCF on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by quo155 View Post
    Awesome Tim...thats working quick! I have yet to place my order...as I am going to visit my local B&M here shortly...
    I would talk myself out of it if I waited. I also don't know if my local B&M carries pipe tobacco. Actually, I do remember seeing pipes so they must. Anyway, I think pipe smoking will be enjoyable. I may even be able to do it indoors.

Puffer Fish with some spikes lbiislander's Avatar

TexAzTim, my local B&M carries a few pipes, but other than their house blends of bulk tobacco, they don't have any tins that they guys here talk about frequently. I have to go somewhere else for that!
    Frequently wrong but never in doubt!

Puffer Fish with some spikes lbiislander's Avatar

I just watched a version of "The Hound of the Baskervilles" that I've never seen before. Neither Holmes not Watson smoked a pipe, but they both had the coolest smoking jackets while at Baskerville Hall. I want me one of those!
    Frequently wrong but never in doubt!

Hello!

New to the forum. Been smoking occasionally for a couple of years now. Starting to appreciate and grow into the hobby now. Great place ya'll have here! Glad to see a large friendly community established. Looking forward to all the knowledge I will be gathering.

Newbie in the ocean

Hey guys,

I realize this thread probably doesn't get a whole lot of readers but I thought I'd post anyway.

I'm 18 years old, I started smoking about a year ago. I'm fairly new to pipes, but my dad has a pretty great collection of them so I thought I'd give it a try.
    The past few months, I've found that I really enjoy smoking pipes; I prefer it greatly to cigarettes and cigars.

As a young pipe enthusiast, I'm eager to learn about pipe culture and history, as well as start my own collection of rare and unique pieces.

Something I want to see for the future is a trend of new-age pipe smokers entering pop culture. I think there is a beautiful art within the culture of pipe enthusiasts and I would love to see a younger generation experiencing it.

Pm me with any questions and suggestions for a new pipe smoker. Currently I smoke Captain Black (which my dad helped develop when he was about my age), McClelland Anniversary blend and a few others which I don't remember the names of. I have an African Meerschaum pipe that I smoke but my favorite is my Billiard-style Briar.

Happy Smoking,
    Reed.

Leading Puffer Fish

Welcome to the forum James and Reed! If you have any questions dont hesitate to ask. Also you both should consider signing up for the Newbie Sampler Trade for Pipes, it is a great way to gat a good sampling of tobaccos to try.

Newbie in the ocean

Hello to all!

Mike from central Florida here...been poking around some different places to find other pipe smokers as I'm moving to pipes from cigars..okay, I'm not TOTALLY leaving stogies, but I do seem to be enjoying a bowl much more than a stick these days!

At any rate, hope to make some new acquaintences here abouts and perhaps learn/teach some stuff as I go also!

Take care!

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Professor View Post
    ...and I'm still looking for a corduroy jacket with elbow patches!
    No! Tweed! You have to wear out the elbows yourself, and you're still not really tweedy until you need the leather sewed around the cuffs, too.

Anyhow, welcome Matt! Get in the NPS immediately! We are desperate for new smokers to corrupt. It's like vampirism...we have to keep infecting new smokers to avoid tongue bite at dawn.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Deviant Gentleman The Mad Professor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    No! Tweed! You have to wear out the elbows yourself, and you're still not really tweedy until you need the leather sewed around the cuffs, too.
    Good, I hate corduroy anyway!

Welcome to Puff Mike, Reed, and James!

Newbie in the ocean

Warning: Mostly repeated in the cigar section too)

Hello fellow Puffers,

I have been using you site for information for quite a while now, and at the urging of the gentleman posting before this (The Mad Professor), I have joined the forums as well. I'm mostly a cigarette smoker but I've enjoyed cigars for some time and now I am picking up pipe smoking as well.

When I'm not smoking, and sometimes when I am, I enjoy riding motorcycles and doing stuff outdoors. The Professor has me frequenting Taylor's in Long Beach with him now and I've been enjoying that too.

I have heard all about the Newbie Sampler Trade and can't wait to participate in that. Someone wouldn't share...

I look forward to making new friends here, learning from your experiences, and sharing mine as well!

Cheers!

Deviant Gentleman The Mad Professor's Avatar

errr, awkward, but no one else said it so they must be waiting for me

I would just yell down the hall, but...

Welcome to Puff, and it's about damn time!

(don't worry, he's my roommate )

Hello, I recently turned 18 and decided that I would get into pipes. I have no clue why (who knows, maybe there is a pipe gene), but after smoking several bowls (with pipes, even poor college students can find their niche) I've decided that pipes are the way to go for me to go. Of course, I haven't looked back since. Granted, it's only been about two weeks, but they've been two weeks of not looking back.

I found this blog because of my constant pipe related searches, and I noticed that the posters here are bright and insightful (not to mention very funny) and decided to be a part of the community. So here I am, oh so young and malleable, ready to absorb the tobacco wisdom of the pipe elders.