Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 110 of 122 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 1824

Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

This is a discussion on Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself) within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Welcome Kevin! I am sure you will enjoy being a member of this community. If you ever have a question ...

Leading Puffer Fish

Re: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

Welcome Kevin! I am sure you will enjoy being a member of this community. If you ever have a question dont hesitate to ask, and dont forget to sign up for the Newbie Sampler Trade for Pipes, for a tin of tobacco, you can get a sampler of many tobaccos.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel_Aureliano View Post
    Hello, I recently turned 18 and decided that I would get into pipes. I have no clue why (who knows, maybe there is a pipe gene), but after smoking several bowls (with pipes, even poor college students can find their niche) I've decided that pipes are the way to go for me to go. Of course, I haven't looked back since. Granted, it's only been about two weeks, but they've been two weeks of not looking back.

I found this blog because of my constant pipe related searches, and I noticed that the posters here are bright and insightful (not to mention very funny) and decided to be a part of the community. So here I am, oh so young and malleable, ready to absorb the tobacco wisdom of the pipe elders.
    Kevin,Welcome
    One Noob to another.
    I have been smoking pipes for a month. Wish I was thrown off the cliff yrs ago...
    An "oath" has no expiration date......

Hello fellas,

Joined the forum a couple of days ago. Have been puffing the pipe and cigar for about four years. Not consistently enough to be an experienced piper. Maybe one or twice a month. Have recently started to pick the pipe up consistently two to three times a week now. I think I'm hooked.

I was hoping to get some help from the fellas. I started a thread but made the mistake of putting it in the New Puffer Fish Forum. (Silly NPS. Pipe questions go in the pipe forum.) The thread is "EPS. Need help identifying a pipe." I want to thank "quo155", "Nick S" and "Zogg" for their responses. Any help from the fellas would be greatly appreciated.

Deviant Gentleman The Mad Professor's Avatar

Welcome to Puff, Rhobby and Kevin! Enjoy the ride down

Maturing Puffer Fish Tyrone Shoolace's Avatar

Hello All!

Allow me to introduce myself to the pie side of things.

30 years old and started enjoying cigars this year. Never really thought about smoking a pipe until I started coming to these forums and now am thinking about checking it out to supliment the cigars.

Now I have no clue when it comes to pipe so I figured I should introduce myself before I just start lurking while reading posts and asking dumb questions.

So thanks in advance for all the insight I will gain and your patience if the odd dumb question pops up.

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel_Aureliano View Post
    . . . Of course, I haven't looked back since. Granted, it's only been about two weeks, but they've been two weeks of not looking back.
    I love this line - you'll fit in well here, Kevin.

So welcome!
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoolace View Post
    . . . Now I have no clue when it comes to pipe so I figured I should introduce myself before I just start lurking while reading posts and asking dumb questions.
    This will be remedied within 3 weeks, mark my words. Most of us started here just like this, so welcome aboard!
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Newbie in the ocean small towner's Avatar

Welcome Tyrone,

Don't worry about being a lurker. I lurk around almost daily, and also spent countless hours trying to read through the past posts, to gain as much information as possible. There is a wealth of knowledge here!

HAVE FUN

Leading Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoolace View Post
    Hello All!

Allow me to introduce myself to the pie side of things.

30 years old and started enjoying cigars this year. Never really thought about smoking a pipe until I started coming to these forums and now am thinking about checking it out to supliment the cigars.

Now I have no clue when it comes to pipe so I figured I should introduce myself before I just start lurking while reading posts and asking dumb questions.

So thanks in advance for all the insight I will gain and your patience if the odd dumb question pops up.
    My best advise is avoid "basket pipes" they usually have some big flaw and it can seriously hamper your smoking experience. Remember, no honest questions are dumb questions, so just ask away.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes quo155's Avatar

Welcome to the pipe world my Canadian BOTL...Tyrone!

Again, thank you for the Cigars from the PIF...I will enjoy each of them for sure!

Now, on pipes...read...read...read...and then you really need to read some more...and you will learn most of what you need to know here on Puff in regards to pipes. There are some outstanding BOTL here with a vast array of knowledge! Some are plumb ignorant (myself)...but most are very wise...ask questions...expect honest answers...and it won't be long...that just maybe...like it is for me...pipes will overrule the cigar!
    Join the NRA, ask me WHY! CCF on Facebook

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome, and thanks ProbateGeek. I hope I do fit in, because I don't have any other pipe smoking friends

Young Fish

Hello all pipe smoker,
    I have been lurking this forum for long time, but haven't been brave enough to post anything. I love to read all your posts to gain knowledge about pipe smoking. I love the artistics of pipe itself and the way to enjoy it.
    Any Seattle Pipe Club member here? I hope to join one of those meeting in the future.

Happy pipe smoking!!

Scott

Leading Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by pyxistort View Post
    Hello all pipe smoker,
    I have been lurking this forum for long time, but haven't been brave enough to post anything. I love to read all your posts to gain knowledge about pipe smoking. I love the artistics of pipe itself and the way to enjoy it.
    Any Seattle Pipe Club member here? I hope to join one of those meeting in the future.

Happy pipe smoking!!

Scott
    Welcome to the forum!

Young Fish

Thank you Nick!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick S. View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes quo155's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pyxistort View Post
    Hello all pipe smoker,

Happy pipe smoking!!

Scott
    Scott...

I am a long ways from Seattle...but welcome!!!
    Join the NRA, ask me WHY! CCF on Facebook