Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 111 of 122 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 1824

Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

This is a discussion on Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself) within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Haha... Thank you, Tommy....

Young Fish

Re: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

Haha... Thank you, Tommy.

I would like to say hello to every one here. I'm a newbie to the site and so far love it here. I have been hanging in the cigar forums so far as my taste has been on that side of the isle lately. I switch back and forth.
    I'm a retired carpenter and enjoy surf fishing now and enjoy puffing away while doing it.
    That being said my taste in tobaccy has changed also. may I ask here in this post what would be the best way to sell some older ( say 3 to 4 year old tins ) tobacco I have cellared.
    Also please excuse my spelling in the future as I suck at it and hate speel check, it is what it is. And gives you something to bust on with with, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie G. View Post
    I would like to say hello to every one here. I'm a newbie to the site and so far love it here. I have been hanging in the cigar forums so far as my taste has been on that side of the isle lately. I switch back and forth.
    I'm a retired carpenter and enjoy surf fishing now and enjoy puffing away while doing it.
    That being said my taste in tobaccy has changed also. may I ask here in this post what would be the best way to sell some older ( say 3 to 4 year old tins ) tobacco I have cellared.
    Also please excuse my spelling in the future as I suck at it and hate speel check, it is what it is. And gives you something to bust on with with, LOL.

I myself don't know the "best" way. If it were me and I enjoyed cigars more than my pipe, I might start by looking to trade some/all of it for some cigars. After that I would head on over to the marketplace here and throw up a small ad, then on to ebay. Just my

Good luck,

Scott
    A peaceful place, or so it looks from space
    Closer look reveals the human race

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes quo155's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie G. View Post
    I am not sure what the waiting period is before you can sell here...on Puff, but I would offer them up for sale or trade in the Pipe sale/trade section. Look at the rules and sticky's in that area...that will give you all of the details needed...

Welcome to Puff...and the pipe side!
    Join the NRA, ask me WHY! CCF on Facebook

Newbie in the ocean

Hello from Tejas

I've been smoking a pipe for about 3 years, and stogies for over 20. I live in the New Braunfels area, north of San Antonio, and thought I'd sign up after lurking for a while.

Cheers,

Brad

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes quo155's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BradNTx View Post
    Hello from Tejas

I've been smoking a pipe for about 3 years, and stogies for over 20. I live in the New Braunfels area, north of San Antonio, and thought I'd sign up after lurking for a while.

Cheers,

Brad
    Welcome to these neck of the woods too Brad!!!
    Join the NRA, ask me WHY! CCF on Facebook

Hello from Tejas

Cheers,

Brad

Greetings from right down the street. My wife and I were just in New Braunfels with past weekend. I managed to stop in at the Tobacco Haus after a nice meal at the big German Restaurant in town (friesenhaus or something like that). I picked up a few cigars, but the pipe tobacco was a little lacking. Not much action happening when we were there, but it seemed like a nice place.

Cheers!
    Dan

Newbie in the ocean

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    Greetings from right down the street. My wife and I were just in New Braunfels with past weekend. I managed to stop in at the Tobacco Haus after a nice meal at the big German Restaurant in town (friesenhaus or something like that). I picked up a few cigars, but the pipe tobacco was a little lacking. Not much action happening when we were there, but it seemed like a nice place.

Cheers!
    Dan
    I just took the family to Friesenhaus two days ago. They have great schnitzel and Warsteiner Dunkel on tap.

Mark, the owner of The Tobacco Haus has a nice place. Cigar selection is decent, but he doesn't know much about pipes, so doesn't stock much. I've been in when it is slow and other times it is wall to wall with people. I know his poker nights are popular. He has live music some nights too.

Thanks for the welcome, Dan.

Brad

I just took the family to Friesenhaus two days ago. They have great schnitzel and Warsteiner Dunkel on tap.
    I guess you could eat that with BBQ sauce. Those people from up North sure have some funny cookin'. The beer tastes funny too. "Maam? Maam!? Could you bring me a Lone Star?"

Hi new guys! Be careful in here. Always wear your tinfoil helmet. Messages to buy things will be beamed into your head otherwise.
    Last edited by freestoke; 08-26-2011 at 09:03 AM.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Newbie in the ocean

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    I guess you could eat that with BBQ sauce. Those people from up North sure have some funny cookin'. The beer tastes funny too. "Maam? Maam!? Could you bring me a Lone Star?"

Hi new guys! Be careful in here. Always wear your tinfoil helmet. Messages to buy things will be beamed into your head otherwise.

Hey Jim

I think I remember you from another place...

Puffer Fish with many spikes Hambone1's Avatar

woot! Another Texan on the forums!
    Puffers will push you down the slippery slope of PAD/TAD! Get out while you can!

Newbie in the ocean

Hey Guys, sorry I missed this sticky thread, I created a new thread with this introduction:

Evenin' All, my name is Bob. I'm 32 and I'm from small town SC. I'm currently in central TX for another week, then I'm off to the sandbox to play Army for a little while. This week, I decided to finally entertain a desire to try a pipe and I think I have found a life-long, um, hobby, friend, whatever you want to call it (even though my wife may have something to say about it when I return home, lol). My intent was to have a pleasurable way to relax and reflect at the end of a long day and I'm quite certain I have found one of the best ways to do that. I got myself two pipes, a "basket" made by H.I.S, and a Dr. Grabow. I am still undecided if I like the Dr. Grabow better with or without the filter. So far I have only tried a tobacco labelled "Irish Creme" from off the shelf at a local cigar shop and some Captain Black white. I'm really enjoying both and have no idea which tobaccos to try next. I am a little worried about what, if anything, I will be able to get while I'm in the middle-east. For what its worth, I never smoked cigarettes. On a rare occasion I would enjoy a cigar with a buddy. I have used smokeless tobacco for a number of years, I'm thinking the pipe may help curb that addiction some. Anyways, this was really just an opportunity for me to introduce myself and let y'all know I will probably be around asking your typical noob questions. Thanks for having me.

Well, Bob, you may be entirely too polite to fit in. We generally only allow wiseacres on the forum, but I'll give you a provisional welcome anyhow.

Doesn't look like anybody offered any tobacco suggestions on the other thread, so I will! Something you can probably fine easily is Prince Albert or Carter Hall, the staples of the OTC world. (Some here will be horrified. ) I'd quick post enough to get to the PM level and get in the Newbie Sampler Trade. I'm sure you'll get a lot of different stuff to try and given your status, I'd expect a particularly generous assortment! There are some great online retailers, smokingpipes.com and 4noggins.com among them. You're in SC, so pipesandcigars or cupojoes won't hammer you with NY taxes. Marscigars.com is another good place to look. Lots of tobacco recommendation threads out there, too, to help you make a few early choices.

Newbie in the ocean

Thanks for the warm welcome, Jim. I was actually curious about trying an English blend, so I will try to track down some of that Prince Albert. After this post I should be just a couple away from being able to PM so I will check out the Newbie Sampler. I have seen the thread but haven't really looked into what it's all about.

Oh, and I will try to check my manners at the door if the circumstances dictate. I guess it's just my Southern charm, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert6401 View Post
    Thanks for the warm welcome, Jim. I was actually curious about trying an English blend...
    Might want to give Early Morning Pipe a go, since its Latakia component isn't very heavy. Balkan Sasieni is a nice smoke, too, a bit more Latakia. The number of good Englishes out there is enormous, so I'm just grabbing a couple out of the hat at random. VaPers (Virginia perique) are excellent, too! I've heard Filmore is outstsanding, but I haven't tried that one personally. (I go for flakes in the VaPer world, Louisiana Flake, Bayou Morning Flake, Reiner Long Golden Flake and so forth.) There are also a number of quasi-aromatic flakes around, like Erinmore Flake and University Flake that are more "fruity" than cased in aromatic flavorings.

Oh, and I will try to check my manners at the door if the circumstances dictate. I guess it's just my Southern charm, haha.
    Yeah, I'm from Virginia. Busting balls does not come naturally, so it's something you'll need to work on.