Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 115 of 122 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 1824

Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

This is a discussion on Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself) within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Welcome Rod. Great to have you here!!...

anywhere but here

Re: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

Welcome Rod. Great to have you here!!

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes quo155's Avatar

Welcome Rod...this is a great place to be!
    Join the NRA, ask me WHY! CCF on Facebook

Newbie in the ocean

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    Wow, a new pipe store!? Far out!

We'll have you weened off that nice smelling tobak tout de suite. A little time here and you'll be stinking up the house with Royal Yacht, Northwoods and Happy Bogie! We'll teach you to prefer new pipes to vacations and a tobacco cellar instead of a that remodeled kitchen, too! (I'm sure we have a few marriage counselors around here.)

Welcome aboard, Ron!
    I won't need a marriage counselor...the wife supports all my habits! I have a Jeep that she refers to as the mistress. So she is fully prepared for another mistress involving the pipe smoking!

Newbie in the ocean

Thanks all for the welcomes. I think I will like it here!

Quote Originally Posted by SFCCotton View Post
    I won't need a marriage counselor...the wife supports all my habits! I have a Jeep that she refers to as the mistress. So she is fully prepared for another mistress involving the pipe smoking!
    That's good stuff Rod!!!

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Welcome, Rod, and hope you're enjoying your retirement. Let us know about the pipe (we're always interested), and any tobaccos you find enjoyable.

Can your wife call my wife? PLEASE!

Newbie in the ocean

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    Welcome, Rod, and hope you're enjoying your retirement. Let us know about the pipe (we're always interested), and any tobaccos you find enjoyable.

Can your wife call my wife? PLEASE!

The wife says she is willing to explain to other wives the importance of keeping the husband entertained. She claims if I am busy with my hobbies I won't have time for other women. She is correct!

Leading Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by SFCCotton View Post
    The wife says she is willing to explain to other wives the importance of keeping the husband entertained. She claims if I am busy with my hobbies I won't have time for other women. She is correct!
    Sounds like you have a good woman there, treat her well...
    Join us for the Puff Monthly Tobacco Review: May's blend is Dunhill's Nightcap. Post reviews and join the discussion here.

Deviant Gentleman The Mad Professor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick S. View Post
    Sounds like you have a good woman there, treat her well...
    +1! And a smart one too!

Welcome to Puff, from down here in Long Beach!

I haven't formally introduced myself to this side of the forum. My name is Fred, I'm a Chef, and I started smoking cigars regularly about 18 yrs ago. I got interested in pipes about 3 yrs later and through much pain and effort, found complete enjoyment in a briar full of various tobaccos. My wife tolerates it, she doesn't like the smokiness that permeates my surroundings after a bowl of English. My kids like to smell the various tobacco tins and jars I have, and discern for themselves what they smell like. I still have a clay tavern pipe they got me on a trip to Colonial Williamsburg that I have yet to smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by fwhittle View Post
    I haven't formally introduced myself to this side of the forum. My name is Fred, I'm a Chef, and I started smoking cigars regularly about 18 yrs ago. I got interested in pipes about 3 yrs later and through much pain and effort, found complete enjoyment in a briar full of various tobaccos. My wife tolerates it, she doesn't like the smokiness that permeates my surroundings after a bowl of English. My kids like to smell the various tobacco tins and jars I have, and discern for themselves what they smell like. I still have a clay tavern pipe they got me on a trip to Colonial Williamsburg that I have yet to smoke.
    Welcome Fred...good to have you board!

Awaiting Confirmation karatekyle's Avatar

Welcome everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by fwhittle View Post
    I still have a clay tavern pipe they got me on a trip to Colonial Williamsburg that I have yet to smoke.
    I grew up 30 miles from Williamsburg and went to school at William and Mary one summer. We might be heading for Williamsburg for a week in early November. Bet they still sell clay pipes -- might buy one for kicks.

Haven't we met somewhere!? (We did a trade already. )

Just an official welcome, at this point. I'm an amateur cook! Bet you're really impressed, Fred.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Young Puffer Fish notedhillbilly's Avatar

Hey everyone, my name is Kenny. I am a PHD student and a maintenance man... yeah that whole stay in school thing. I have been smoking a pipe with my friends off and on, but never learning much about it, other than I really enjoy it. My grand parents used to grow tobacco and I just love the smell of it, plowed fields and all. I recently got my first pipe, and restored the stem and finish on it, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I used the forums here and was thoroughly helped by KarateKyle. I know very little about tobacco cuts and types so I am looking to these forums to help me figure out those and am very excited to try them. If anyone happens to have any toss out pipes, I would like to try my hand at restoring some more, it is such an art and I love woodwork. I know that there are chronic conditions that come with pipe smoking such as wallet fatigue, and post p@yp@l stress syndrome, but with a baby on the way and paying for school I find my means drained. I would appreciate any advice toward a good low budget tobacco that has no added flavorings . Again, thanks for welcoming me to the community, I look forward to getting to know you guys and the art better.

Leading Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by notedhillbilly View Post
    Hey everyone, my name is Kenny. I am a PHD student and a maintenance man... yeah that whole stay in school thing. I have been smoking a pipe with my friends off and on, but never learning much about it, other than I really enjoy it. My grand parents used to grow tobacco and I just love the smell of it, plowed fields and all. I recently got my first pipe, and restored the stem and finish on it, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I used the forums here and was thoroughly helped by KarateKyle. I know very little about tobacco cuts and types so I am looking to these forums to help me figure out those and am very excited to try them. If anyone happens to have any toss out pipes, I would like to try my hand at restoring some more, it is such an art and I love woodwork. I know that there are chronic conditions that come with pipe smoking such as wallet fatigue, and post p@yp@l stress syndrome, but with a baby on the way and paying for school I find my means drained. I would appreciate any advice toward a good low budget tobacco that has no added flavorings . Again, thanks for welcoming me to the community, I look forward to getting to know you guys and the art better.
    Welcome!

Try the Stokkebye tobaccos, Luxury bullseye flake, luxury navy flake, luxury twist flake, and luxury English. They are good inexpensive straight up tobaccos, plus they aren't as expensive as some other brands. You might enjoy them.
    Join us for the Puff Monthly Tobacco Review: May's blend is Dunhill's Nightcap. Post reviews and join the discussion here.