Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 116 of 122 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 1824

Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

This is a discussion on Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself) within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by Nick S. Welcome! Try the Stokkebye tobaccos, Luxury bullseye flake, luxury navy flake, luxury twist flake, and ...

Young Puffer Fish notedhillbilly's Avatar

Re: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick S. View Post
    Welcome!

Try the Stokkebye tobaccos, Luxury bullseye flake, luxury navy flake, luxury twist flake, and luxury English. They are good inexpensive straight up tobaccos, plus they aren't as expensive as some other brands. You might enjoy them.
    Thanks for the quick reply and the advice!

Leading Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by notedhillbilly View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply and the advice!
    Sure thing! Here is a link to where I usually buy them from, and it is the best price I have found so far, the only downside is that you have to pay shipping...

www.wvsmokeshop.com
    Join us for the Puff Monthly Tobacco Review: May's blend is Dunhill's Nightcap. Post reviews and join the discussion here.

Full grown Puffer Fish JuanOrez's Avatar

Hello all.

I'm fairly new to the forums but I've been a "smoker" of some sort for as long as I can remember. Pipes and pipe tobacco are my passion and it's really nice to be a part of a community with like minded folks.

As for other interests, I love golf, booze (mostly whiskey) and guns.

Great to be here!
    WOOOOO!

Deviant Gentleman The Mad Professor's Avatar

Welcome Jon and Notedhillbilly!

Try the Stokkebye tobaccos, Luxury bullseye flake, luxury navy flake, luxury twist flake, and luxury English. They are good inexpensive straight up tobaccos, plus they aren't as expensive as some other brands. You might enjoy them.
    www.wvsmokeshop.com
    +1. Stokkebye's Luxury blends are great and affordable in bulk, and that shop always has them cheap! I get 8oz at a time there for less than $20 shipped.

Newbie in the ocean

Hello everyone. I'm new to the forums. I'm getting into pipe smoking again. I used to smoke one in college 20 years ago. I don't know why I ever stopped. I've been looking around for a reasonably priced "good smoker." I'm not hung up on brand names...just looking for a reasonably cool, dry smoke. Any suggestions?

Leading Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyMagic View Post
    Hello everyone. I'm new to the forums. I'm getting into pipe smoking again. I used to smoke one in college 20 years ago. I don't know why I ever stopped. I've been looking around for a reasonably priced "good smoker." I'm not hung up on brand names...just looking for a reasonably cool, dry smoke. Any suggestions?
    Welcome! As far as pipes go, I would say Savinelli if you want a new one, you can get them in the $50 and up price range and I think they are great smokers. There is also the corncob if you want, they are less that $10 and they are great smokers as well. Another option would to get an estate (used) pipe from somewhere like www.smokingpipes.com, there you could get a little more for your money. Anyhoo, welcome again and if you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.
    Join us for the Puff Monthly Tobacco Review: May's blend is Dunhill's Nightcap. Post reviews and join the discussion here.

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Welcome home, BidDaddy!

Cool, dry smoke you say?

< I'm getting an awful lot of mileage outa this one photo . . . >

A second what Nick says: Savinellis can be really inexpensive good smokers.
    Last edited by ProbateGeek; 10-04-2011 at 11:14 PM.

Leading Puffer Fish

Love the Forever stem on that cob, nice choice ProbateGeek.

Love the Forever stem on that cob, nice choice ProbateGeek.
    The good stem makes a HUGE difference. Plus, the Great Dane has a relatively thick bowl, so it smokes much cooler to the touch than my other old cobs (Washington and Diplomat, I think). I also picked up a banded Country Gentleman to go with the new stem, which is also nice. It was an extra $12 for the two bands, and though they are still only cobs after all, I love the look.

A classy hillbilly look, if you will - Elly May Clampett would have been impressed.
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    The good stem makes a HUGE difference. Plus, the Great Dane has a relatively thick bowl, so it smokes much cooler to the touch than my other old cobs (Washington and Diplomat, I think). I also picked up a banded Country Gentleman to go with the new stem, which is also nice. It was an extra $12 for the two bands, and though they are still only cobs after all, I love the look.

A classy hillbilly look, if you will - Elly May Clampett would have been impressed.
    I love my cobs. I have yet to get a forever stem but I am seriously considering it. Do they fit on all MM cobs?
    WOOOOO!

Quote Originally Posted by JuanOrez View Post
    I love my cobs. I have yet to get a forever stem but I am seriously considering it. Do they fit on all MM cobs?
    I think they do - the only difference is between the filtered and unfiltered cobs. The Walker Briar Works website explains it pretty well.

Filtered/Unfiltered

I highly recommend the stems, as I think do all others who've purchased them.
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

I think they do - the only difference is between the filtered and unfiltered cobs. The Walker Briar Works website explains it pretty well.

Filtered/Unfiltered

I highly recommend the stems, as I think do all others who've purchased them.
    Very nice. Thanks, Terry.

I have some shopping to do!
    WOOOOO!

Newbie in the ocean

Welcome home, BidDaddy!

Cool, dry smoke you say?

< I'm getting an awful lot of mileage outa this one photo . . . >

A second what Nick says: Savinellis can be really inexpensive good smokers.
    Thanks for the quick replies and nice suggestions! Where'd you get this cob? It's fantastic!

Thanks for the quick replies and nice suggestions! Where'd you get this cob? It's fantastic!
    And it smokes that way, too. Here's the shop:

Cobs & Stems

It's run by Dave Wolff, who will be happy to trade emails with you despite how busy he seems to be doing repairs.

I want more stems!

So I ordered a 3" forever stem today. I will let you know how it goes. I will also try to remember to post pics etc. Looking forward to trying this thing out!
    WOOOOO!