Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 117 of 122 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 1824

Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

This is a discussion on Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself) within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by JuanOrez So I ordered a 3" forever stem today. I will let you know how it goes. ...

Re: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

Quote Originally Posted by JuanOrez View Post
    So I ordered a 3" forever stem today. I will let you know how it goes. I will also try to remember to post pics etc. Looking forward to trying this thing out!
    Can't wait to see it!!
    I may be foolish but at least I do it with enthusiasim!

Figured I would go ahead and introduce myself to this side of the board. As you can tell from my astounding post count, I lurk more than I talk! Still enjoy the cigars, but with job changes, I needed a way to cut expenses. I usually only get a chance to smoke once a week or so, so as long as the purchases don't get out of hand, I should be OK. So far I've got a Kaywoodie and a cob, and a bag of B&M bulk. Next payday, I will probably make an order.

Quote Originally Posted by kbiv View Post
    So far I've got a Kaywoodie and a cob, and a bag of B&M bulk. Next payday, I will probably make an order.
    Yo, KB, welcome aboard! Since you're a cigar smoker, you might want something with a bit more Vitamin N -- B&M bulks generally have more room note than nutritional value. You might find some Five Brothers locally, an OTC basic burley, or order some Burley Flake #1, either of which can be mixed with that B&M tobacco to jack up the health benefits and still have mainly the flavor and room note of the original. (Of course, you can also smoke them straight.)

I'd get in on the Newbie Sample Trade immediately. The EPSs will give you a broad assortment of tobaccos to try and you can get a real feel for the pipe tobacco landscape.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Awaiting Confirmation karatekyle's Avatar

NIce to see ya KB, +1 to Jim's words.

Deviant Gentleman The Mad Professor's Avatar

Welcome to the Pipe Side, KB!
    I think I got somethin for ya if you PM me an address...

Newbie in the ocean smokingstockholmer's Avatar

Hi all,

Johan from Stockholm here. Have been an on and off pipe smoker for the last couple of years. I don't smoke that much, usually a bowl on the balcony more or less ever night.

Before this weekend my humble pipe collection consisted of a couple of cobs and some cheap Petersons. This weekend I was at my grandmother's going through some of my late grandfather's stuff and, well... let's say I'm a Dunhill guy now... see gfpipes.tumblr.com if you want.

Welcome Johan! Glad to have you here! Make sure you check out the Newbie Pipe Sampler Trade thread to really get to meet some of the guys.
    I may be foolish but at least I do it with enthusiasim!

Quote Originally Posted by smokingstockholmer View Post
    ... let's say I'm a Dunhill guy now... see gfpipes.tumblr.com if you want.
    Holy Briarpatch! There are people here who'd trade a kidney for those pipes! Your grandfather knew him some pipes, huh? Welcome! You're already the envy of the crowd.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

I'd trade both kidneys for those pipes and die a happy man! Beautiful!

Poisonless Puffer Fish cavendishfiend's Avatar

Hey all,

Iím Will and Iím from Massachusetts. I recently picked up the pipe a week ago but Iíve been smoking cigarettes and whatnot for around four years.

Picking up the pipe was pretty random. I was rolling cigarettes for the long day ahead when I ran out of tubes. I went to the convenience store, but grabbed a $5 pipe instead of a box of tubes since they were the same price. From what I hear, quitting cigarettes is tough and grueling.. but yup, I stopped cold the moment I handed the cashier guy my money.

I was overjoyed when my first order: a Grabow Duke and some Peter Stokkebye black cavendish (which Iím really liking at the moment!), nougat, proper English, vanilla crŤme, and Amsterdam arrived.

So far Iím thoroughly enjoying a newfound hobby. Now I smell like delicious pipe tobacco instead of reeking like cigarettical death. As to how I found the forum, I just searched on Google. I donít mean to second guess the forumís default setting that Iím a newbie in the ocean, so any tips, recommendations, etc. are warmly welcomed!

Deviant Gentleman The Mad Professor's Avatar

Welcome William!

There are some great threads for newbies floating around here. All great reads, but sometimes they are better as references for when you get stuck. We're here to help, there is a learning curve we are all familiar with.

First rule to a successful pipe smoking experience (IMHO) - don't over-pack, instead fill and tamp. And don't worry about relights, do it as necessary.

And get on the Newbie Tobacco Sampler. Its a great way to try different tobaccos for the price of a couple tins.

Enjoy the ride!

Leading Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by cavendishfiend View Post
    Hey all,

Iím Will and Iím from Massachusetts. I recently picked up the pipe a week ago but Iíve been smoking cigarettes and whatnot for around four years.

Picking up the pipe was pretty random. I was rolling cigarettes for the long day ahead when I ran out of tubes. I went to the convenience store, but grabbed a $5 pipe instead of a box of tubes since they were the same price. From what I hear, quitting cigarettes is tough and grueling.. but yup, I stopped cold the moment I handed the cashier guy my money.

I was overjoyed when my first order: a Grabow Duke and some Peter Stokkebye black cavendish (which Iím really liking at the moment!), nougat, proper English, vanilla crŤme, and Amsterdam arrived.

So far Iím thoroughly enjoying a newfound hobby. Now I smell like delicious pipe tobacco instead of reeking like cigarettical death. As to how I found the forum, I just searched on Google. I donít mean to second guess the forumís default setting that Iím a newbie in the ocean, so any tips, recommendations, etc. are warmly welcomed!
    Welcome William, I am sure you will find the pipe more enjoyable than cigarettes. My best advise is to read up on some of the threads, and don't hesitate to ask us any questions.

Here are some threads to check out:
    http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/genera...-pipe-guy.html
    Pipe FAQ/101/Getting Started
    Pipe Abbreviations, Descriptions, and Definitions.

And if you really want to take a nosedive down the slope:
    Photos of your pipes
    Pipe, Tobacco, and E-Bay Acquisitions
    Take a Picture of Your Tobacco Thread

Once again,
    Join us for the Puff Monthly Tobacco Review: May's blend is Dunhill's Nightcap. Post reviews and join the discussion here.

Welcome Will, good to see you here!!

Using Cigar Bands as pics Flugplatz's Avatar

HI It's been awhile since I posted anything. 've been away at school and overseas. So I thought I would Re-introduce myself. My name is Marc and I am in the Armed Forces. That's about all I can say about that, otherwise, I'd have to kill you. I'm joking. I'm a kidder. Hope to continue with some fine discussions with you guys in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Flugplatz View Post
    HI It's been awhile since I posted anything. 've been away at school and overseas. So I thought I would Re-introduce myself. My name is Marc and I am in the Armed Forces. That's about all I can say about that, otherwise, I'd have to kill you. I'm joking. I'm a kidder. Hope to continue with some fine discussions with you guys in the future.
    Welcome back, Marc! Thanks for everything you've done as a member of the armed forces, looking forward to seeing you around, brother!