Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 118 of 122 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 1824

Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

This is a discussion on Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself) within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; welcome back to Puff Marc....

anywhere but here

Re: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

welcome back to Puff Marc.

Leading Puffer Fish

Welcome Marc! Always glad to have our military members on here.
    Join us for the Puff Monthly Tobacco Review: May's blend is Dunhill's Nightcap. Post reviews and join the discussion here.

Hello everybody! I am not new to the forum, but am somewhat new to pipes. I've been lurking around these parts for a while. My first experience with a pipe actually predates my love affair with cigars. That was 20 something years ago. I never really learned a lot about the art or joys of pipe smoking. I have only occasionally smoked a pipe through the years, but always found it enjoyable. I will be lurking to learn more as I dive into this side of tobacco enjoyment. I do have a fairly nice briar and some house blend stuff right now. I just ordered a MM Diplomat cob and a couple goodies from pipesandcigars.com. Anyway, thanks for all the great info so far and I hope to contribute with my own experiences!
    I can't complain, but sometimes I still do.
    ―Joe Walsh

Welcome to the fun, Colin! Be sure to hit up the Newbie Pipe Sampler Trade (NST) thread! They are looking for new pipe smokers and you are the perfect candidate!

Newbie Sampler Trade for Pipes
    I may be foolish but at least I do it with enthusiasim!

Quote Originally Posted by bwhite220 View Post
    Welcome to the fun, Colin! Be sure to hit up the Newbie Pipe Sampler Trade (NST) thread! They are looking for new pipe smokers and you are the perfect candidate!

Newbie Sampler Trade for Pipes
    Thanks Brandon!
    I can't complain, but sometimes I still do.
    ―Joe Walsh

Awaiting Confirmation karatekyle's Avatar

Nice to see ya around this side, Colin!

Young Fish

Hey everybody. I'm a cigar smoker now branching out into the convoluted world of pipe smoking. Looking to get in on the conversation and advice here.

Started about 3-4 weeks ago with a decent briar from my local shop (Roma maybe?) and an aromatic blend. Gave me some pretty bad bite no matter how I packed it or how slowly I smoked it. Got another pouch of different house stuff the other day to see how that treats me. Also bought a second pipe the other day to smoke non-aromatics in. Bought a tin of Mac Baren Virginia No. 1 for it. From my first experience, I think I'm going to like the non-aromatic blends better.

I look forward to hearing what you guys have to say and hopefully stick with this pipe thing. I think since I'm already two pipes deep I'm at least giving it a good go.

Leading Puffer Fish

Glad to have ya!
    Join us for the Puff Monthly Tobacco Review: May's blend is Dunhill's Nightcap. Post reviews and join the discussion here.

Welcome! Glad to see another new pipe smoker!

Deviant Gentleman The Mad Professor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jodymcd View Post
    From my first experience, I think I'm going to like the non-aromatic blends better.
    Don't forget that you can blend the two together, maybe getting the best of both worlds. When you don't smoke aromatics much, a little in a bowl of something else can go a long way.

Welcome to Puff and to pipes Jody!

And welcome to the pipe side Colin!
    The Mad Professor's Pipes Page.................. .................My modest TobaccoCellar....................................Product Design Portfolio(shameless plug)

Hi all, I'm a new pipe smoker out of S. Maryland. I'm stuck on a college student budget (W/o eligibility for any grants ) so I got myself one pipe (dr.grabow) and have tried enough tobaccos to decide I like virginias the best. Looking forward to hoping in discussions and getting advice

Leading Puffer Fish

Welcome Aric, always glad to have new pipers on the forum!

Deviant Gentleman The Mad Professor's Avatar

Welcome Aric!
    The Mad Professor's Pipes Page.................. .................My modest TobaccoCellar....................................Product Design Portfolio(shameless plug)

Young Fish

New guy here

Former cigar smoker moving into the world of pipe smoking.

A good friend and I homebrew together and he got me interested.

I really enjoy the varieties of tobaccco, looks like I like aromatics and virginias. Currently smoking a Hazelnut bulk from local shop, along with St James Woods and Mclellan #24 I think? I have also enjoyed Bluenote and Smokers Delight which were also bulk from local tobacco shop.

I currently own 1 pipe - generously given to me by my brew buddy - it's a Peterson Bent Pipe, I don't know the exact type.

Looking to pick up a few more pipes, I probably smoke 3 or 4 bowls a week at this time and I know I should be rotating pipes.

Awaiting Confirmation karatekyle's Avatar

Looking forward to seeing ya around, Nick! Welcome!