Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 119 of 122 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 1824

Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

This is a discussion on Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself) within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; It's good to finally step out a bit- I have joined a while back but never posted yet. I am ...

Full smoke ahead!!

Re: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

It's good to finally step out a bit- I have joined a while back but never posted yet. I am probably what one would lable a novice pipe guy-I have 23 pipes in all and have the bug that bits a lot of us I guess, always one around the bend
    I would like to have!

I have pleasure of being I same city of a master pipe tobacco blender Steven Books in Oregon City, Oregon, and can enjoy some fantastic blends relatively easily. I enjoy quite a variety of blends- he makes a killer cigar blend I love and go to frequently. I am awaiting his release of a Virginia- perique blend of 7 Virginias and perique- absolutely killer of a rich complex flavor that at the middle of the bowl and you have come back to it after 5 mins the taste just explodes. Love that pipe!

Quote Originally Posted by Tontine View Post
    I am probably what one would lable a novice pipe guy-I have 23 pipes in all and ...
    Uh -- welcome, Bob. We're giving you a temporary visa for now. The background check turned up an anomaly in your intro, "Error 1103, Non sequitur." Probably nothing to worry about. Follow the yellow rubber line down the corridor and on into the tobacco park. The rides are free today.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Lets see some pics of those pipes, Bob! Welcome to the family!
    I may be foolish but at least I do it with enthusiasim!

Add another cigar convert to the pipe side.

Got interested in pipes from visiting my local tobacco shop. I'm starting off with a new Peterson Donegal Rocky straight, which was part of the Zippo kit and has the Zippo band.

I also found four nice pipes in the basket at my local shop, all for the price of one decent pipe. They bought the inventory of another shop, and had some gems hidden in the pile. I scored two Savinellis, which seem to be unsmoked and about 30 years old or so, along with two Israeli made Alpha's.

Currently smoking a local blend called Ol' Limey Bastard, and a little Peterson Irish Oak.

Thanks to the the Puff Pipe forum for giving me a crash course in the world of pipe smoking.

Deviant Gentleman The Mad Professor's Avatar

Welcome to Puff, Kerry!
    The Mad Professor's Pipes Page.................. .................My modest TobaccoCellar....................................Product Design Portfolio(shameless plug)

Awaiting Confirmation karatekyle's Avatar

Sounds like a couple of nice purchases! Love that peterson zippo set, always wanted one. I'll put it on my christmas list I suppose! Nice to see ya on the pipe side, Kerry!

Leading Puffer Fish

Welcome to Puff Kerry, sounds like you got a nice deal on those Savinellis.
    Join us for the Puff Monthly Tobacco Review: May's blend is Dunhill's Nightcap. Post reviews and join the discussion here.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish REDROMMY's Avatar

Ive come this far in life and i have never pipe pointed. I think it's time for this to change. Ill be soaking up information about pipe smoking and buying a pipe and some baccy shortly. Ive been smoking cigars for about a year, and am ready to branch out. And pipe point!

Hello all, new guy checking in.

I found this forum tonight while looking for some feedback on Walker's Forever stems. I just got my latest shipment from Boswell's yesterday and I decided to revisit aromatics. I snagged a couple ounces of Christmas Cookie and decided to pick up a cob so I'd have something "clean" to try it in. This being my first cob, I was revolted by the plasticky (?) stem . My teeth just sink into it! Hence the discovery of the Forever stems.
    Anyways, I'm looking forward to sticking around this forum. Seems like a nice laid back crowd.

Happy puffing.

Deviant Gentleman The Mad Professor's Avatar

Welcome to Puff, Eric!

And welcome to the pipe side, Will!
    The Mad Professor's Pipes Page.................. .................My modest TobaccoCellar....................................Product Design Portfolio(shameless plug)

Leading Puffer Fish

Welcome Eric and Will!
    Join us for the Puff Monthly Tobacco Review: May's blend is Dunhill's Nightcap. Post reviews and join the discussion here.

Welcome, Will and Eric!
    I may be foolish but at least I do it with enthusiasim!

Awaiting Confirmation karatekyle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PiperPilot View Post
    Hello all, new guy checking in.

I found this forum tonight while looking for some feedback on Walker's Forever stems. I just got my latest shipment from Boswell's yesterday and I decided to revisit aromatics. I snagged a couple ounces of Christmas Cookie and decided to pick up a cob so I'd have something "clean" to try it in. This being my first cob, I was revolted by the plasticky (?) stem . My teeth just sink into it! Hence the discovery of the Forever stems.
    Anyways, I'm looking forward to sticking around this forum. Seems like a nice laid back crowd.

Happy puffing.
    Nice crowd? Look for some posts from freestoke, that FOG will change your mind. I kid, I kid. I do agree about cob stems though, I've smoked mine about 10 times and have almost chewed the button off!

And of course, WELCOME!

Hello,

A cigar guy here who has recently gone over to pipes. Just starting to learn everything there is about pipe smoking and pipe tobacco. This place looks really helpful. Looking forward to being a member here.

Thanks,

Pitt

Leading Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by pitt100 View Post
    Hello,

A cigar guy here who has recently gone over to pipes. Just starting to learn everything there is about pipe smoking and pipe tobacco. This place looks really helpful. Looking forward to being a member here.

Thanks,

Pitt
    If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!