Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 12 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

This is a discussion on Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself) within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; I have been hanging out on the cigar side for a couple of months, and just making my way into ...

Re: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

I have been hanging out on the cigar side for a couple of months, and just making my way into this realm. I own a MM, a real meerschaum, a bargain bin, and just today bought a savinelli. Smoking some Luxury twist flake which might be the best so far. Very inexperienced to pipe tobaccos and just trying to figure out which ones I like. Thanks for all the good info in this part of CS. Great Gorillas all over this site.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealBonger View Post
    I have been hanging out on the cigar side for a couple of months, and just making my way into this realm. I own a MM, a real meerschaum, a bargain bin, and just today bought a savinelli. Smoking some Luxury twist flake which might be the best so far. Very inexperienced to pipe tobaccos and just trying to figure out which ones I like. Thanks for all the good info in this part of CS. Great Gorillas all over this site.

Eric
    Thanks for checking in Eric sounds like you are on track. Welcome to the Southern Hemisphere.

"aspera! per aspera! per ardua! ad astra!"

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish RevSmoke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by squid View Post
    Zack and IHT.... I'm living in Fayetteville, as well. PM me sometime when you guys want to get together.
    I will be in Fayettville for my niece's confirmation (@Our Redeemer Lutheran Church) on May 11. Will be arriving later morning on 5/10 and leaving in the morning of 5/12. Wife is a teacher and the kids need to get back to school. Would love to get together while there, but I am not sure I'll have time on 10th and I know I will not on the 11th.

It would be cool to meet a couple of the BOTLs if I can get away. If any are interested, PM me.
    RevSmoke
    -- The only one you need to satisfy with what you smoke is you - enjoy it.

Puffer Fish with some spikes

I've been a cigar smoker for a while now, but my grandfather always smoked pipes. So I became curious, lurked here, got a couple of corncob pipes, and followed the suggestions of the owner of the local B&M. Thoroughly enjoyable. Not just need to start branching out.

Hello I am James from Bremerton WA. I smoke both Pipes and Cigars. I am new as some might say. I love my new home in the Internet world here at CS.
    Oh I like to smoke Burley Tobacco Capt Choice and Burley Sup. Sometimes I will mix them as the B&M said to do to make First Mate.

Thank You
    James

Leading Puffer Fish DubintheDam's Avatar

Welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome and welcome....that should do me for a few days...sorry all but we do get so many newbies these day, all much welcome...and I really mean that.

Keep your pipes clean, your baccy top notch, never worry about tongue bite and always remember when you hate a tobacco one week - probably means you'll love it in 3 months....along as you haven't bought something like Borkum Riff!

Dub

IHT

welcome.
    "To be second guessed, you have to be the first guesser."

Welcome all! IMHO, you have found a great place to learn the art of pipe smoking. Be sure to check out tobaccoreviews.com if you haven't already.
    "If it's not Scottish, it's CRAP!" - Stuart Rankin

Well I've been smoking cigars for a few years now and became interested in trying out pipes (I've always loved the smell of pipe smoke). Just picked up a few corn cobs last week and some tobaccos that were recommended to me. Hopefully all goes well and I can start on a whole new slope. I joined CS a few months ago because of the cigar side and have only recently began lurking on the pipe forums. Hopefully cs will be my one stop shop for all tobacco info.
    "Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."
    ~Sun Tzu

IHT

just re-read this entire thread.
    great idea, SAjunidog, to make it an intro thread/sticky.
    "To be second guessed, you have to be the first guesser."

Young Fish

Hello everyone, I think I might've posted in this a thread a year ago or so, but somehow I didn't really find the time to read the posts here regularly so... here I am again!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish tzilt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nikolaj View Post
    Hello everyone, I think I might've posted in this a thread a year ago or so, but somehow I didn't really find the time to read the posts here regularly so... here I am again!
    Welcome back! this is an awesome forum.

Leading Puffer Fish DubintheDam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nikolaj View Post
    Welcome Niko...I did the same had a look...then waited a few months before signing up....welcome the jungle.

Young Fish

Quote Originally Posted by DubintheDam View Post
    Welcome Niko...I did the same had a look...then waited a few months before signing up....welcome the jungle.
    actually, Ive been signed up for little over a year now, just never found the time to post

I've been a cigar lover since the late 80's, when an acquaintance gave me my first NC hand rolled stick. I actually smoked pipes for a few years in the late 70's and purchased a Savinelli, Stanwell and a Ben Wade Danish Freehand from a local B&M that closed shop a few years later. Those were the days before Al Gore invented the internet, so I was kinda left on my own and don't think I ever knew how to appreciate the pipe smoking experience, so I put down the pipes.

Now, I'd like to dust off my pipes (not giving up the sticks) and believe that I'll learn more and have a greater appreciation with the help of forums like this. I've been a member of CS for a while, but mostly lurked on the cigar forums. I've looked at dedicated pipe forums, but I like it here just fine. Looking forward to learning form y'all.
    "Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman . . . or a bad woman. It depends on how much happiness you can handle." - George Burns

Page 12 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 62 112 ... LastLast