Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 17 of 122 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 67 117 ... LastLast

Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

This is a discussion on Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself) within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Hey everyone, a little about myself...... My name is Dale, I'm 41 years old and married to a wonderful woman ...

Re: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

Hey everyone, a little about myself......

My name is Dale, I'm 41 years old and married to a wonderful woman named Lisa...(aka: CigarWench on a couple of the cigar boards). I'm ex-Navy. I am a Colorectal Cancer Survivor and.... The Good LORD Willing..... Will be around for a loooooong while still. I love the Outdoors and hunting. I love to cook, especially smoking & grilling and currently collect cigars and wine, and will most likely be adding a pipe collection soon. I live in my childhood home in Hephzibah, Georgia.....Just South of Augusta. I've lived all over and there ain't no place like home. I'm also a GrandPa and soon to be x2.

I've been smoking cigars since 1986, but I'm brand new to pipes. Infact, I just got my first cop pipe today to see were it takes me. I must say that I'm liking it a LOT so far. Paired the cob up with a blend called "Wood Duck" from a local shop and it is GOOD. If I knew more about the blend I'd break it down, so forgive me...... But I learn fast.

My home here in Georgia is always ready for a cigar and pipe herf, with a little notice. Free food, beer, open humidors, and a lifelong friendship are there for the taking....in the event anyone in interested.

I'm hoping I can learn fast and develope my likes/dislikes and begin to contribute to the board soon.

That's about it I guess.
    Last edited by DSturg369; 06-27-2008 at 02:45 PM. Reason: wrong brand
    Dale

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Welcome to the Pipe Forums, Dale.

Hope you continue to enjoy you new venture; and if you need anything, don't be afraid to ask...many fine people here.

Edit: "Free beer???"

Ask me why I dinged Black Mister Moo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blaylock View Post
    Edit: "Free beer???"
    I saw that. No address though.
    "But with a little bit of luck You'll run amok!"

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Great to meet you Dale ... welcome to CS & the pipe forum !

Gentlemen,

Hello I'm a newbie to "Club Stogie" , but a long time piper since about 1964. I started with a Medico pipe and a can of Prince Albert. I struck out on my own without a mentor and floundered, can you say charcoal broiled tongue. I didn't have a clue as to what I was doing eventually I graduated to aromatic tobaccos more charbroiled tongue. Probably spent about 2 years before I started to enjoy the bliss of the briar.

I'm 64 y/o and live in Salem, WI. Have a great family and love the outdoors, sailing, camping, fishing, love cooking, reading and music along with my beloved pipes.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Mad Hatter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lt_Taz View Post
    Gentlemen,

Hello I'm a newbie to "Club Stogie" , but a long time piper since about 1964. I started with a Medico pipe and a can of Prince Albert. I struck out on my own without a mentor and floundered, can you say charcoal broiled tongue. I didn't have a clue as to what I was doing eventually I graduated to aromatic tobaccos more charbroiled tongue. Probably spent about 2 years before I started to enjoy the bliss of the briar.

I'm 64 y/o and live in Salem, WI. Have a great family and love the outdoors, sailing, camping, fishing, love cooking, reading and music along with my beloved pipes.
    Your story sounds similar to mine......... LOL............. 'cept I've only been smoking about 4 years. Nice to meet you. Thank God we survived those first couple years
    MOO spelled up-side-down and backwards is OOW

kvm
    Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes kvm's Avatar

Welcome aboard Dale and LT.
    "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

"The truly great are never deterred by the truth!" - Anon-y-mouse

Gentlemen,

Hello I'm a newbie to "Club Stogie" ... I'm 64 y/o and live in Salem, WI. Have a great family and love the outdoors, sailing, camping, fishing, love cooking, reading and music along with my beloved pipes.
    Hey Gene... dunno if newbies are allowed to welcome newerbies, but since we've known each other for a time and have become brothers in arms, welcome with all my heart.

I'd like to tell the forum more about you, but I guess I'd better let you do that. Just let me say this is one hell of a guy, not one you're likely to meet just anywhere.

Greetings everyone!

My name is Alex, I've been browsing the forums for about a week now but just registered today.Been smoking pipes for about 3 weeks now, have always been interested in them but always hesitated actually starting. Been an extremely enjoyable experience thus far!

I am 25 years old and live in Ontario, Canada. Great community so far and I look forward to becoming a part of it!

Cheers!

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Welcome to the Pipe Forums, Alex!

Puffer Fish with some spikes perogee's Avatar

Welcome Alex, from another Brother of the Maple Leaf
    Rollin' country style

Puffer Fish with some spikes bige610's Avatar

hey im erik. i love pipes and cigars. I live in northern illinois and work for the local township. hope to meet some friends here

Newbie in the ocean

I'm a complete newbie to pipes but I've recently been given a pair of Dunhills, if you check out my other thread you can have a peek at them. I'd love someone on here to tell me a bit more about them, I've a feeling they're 1950s.

Leading Puffer Fish DubintheDam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ross_mcculloch View Post
    I'm a complete newbie to pipes but I've recently been given a pair of Dunhills, if you check out my other thread you can have a peek at them. I'd love someone on here to tell me a bit more about them, I've a feeling they're 1950s.
    You lucky, lucky Bastard!.......give then a good alcohol cleaning, rest for a few days, buy a good quality baccy of popular and good reputation...a cheap pipe tool...steady on! .....you're about to slip...dub

Dunhill's are Dunhill's - great quality pipes that smoke well...but like a BMW, they will never be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by DSturg369 View Post
    Hey everyone, a little about myself......

My name is Dale, I'm 41 years old and married to a wonderful woman named Lisa...(aka: CigarWench on a couple of the cigar boards). I'm ex-Navy. I am a Colorectal Cancer Survivor and.... The Good LORD Willing..... Will be around for a loooooong while still. I love the Outdoors and hunting. I love to cook, especially smoking & grilling and currently collect cigars and wine, and will most likely be adding a pipe collection soon. I live in my childhood home in Hephzibah, Georgia.....Just South of Augusta. I've lived all over and there ain't no place like home. I'm also a GrandPa and soon to be x2.

I've been smoking cigars since 1986, but I'm brand new to pipes. Infact, I just got my first cop pipe today to see were it takes me. I must say that I'm liking it a LOT so far. Paired the cob up with a blend called "Wood Duck" from a local shop and it is GOOD. If I knew more about the blend I'd break it down, so forgive me...... But I learn fast.

My home here in Georgia is always ready for a cigar and pipe herf, with a little notice. Free food, beer, open humidors, and a lifelong friendship are there for the taking....in the event anyone in interested.

I'm hoping I can learn fast and develope my likes/dislikes and begin to contribute to the board soon.

That's about it I guess.
    Welcome Dale, thanks for sharing yourself with the forum. What a warm and sincere invitation. Hope you enjoy your times here. I am familiar with the what I refer to as the "Dance with Cancer". You have much character.

Gentlemen,

Lt_Taz, welcome, it sounds like you already have a pal in HoopleHead, here is to many more and welcome to you to HoopleHead, you sound like a good sort.
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopleHead View Post
    Hey Gene... dunno if newbies are allowed to welcome newerbies, but since we've known each other for a time and have become brothers in arms, welcome with all my heart.

I'd like to tell the forum more about you, but I guess I'd better let you do that. Just let me say this is one hell of a guy, not one you're likely to meet just anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by FrequenC View Post
    Greetings everyone!

My name is Alex, I've been browsing the forums for about a week now but just registered today.Been smoking pipes for about 3 weeks now, have always been interested in them but always hesitated actually starting. Been an extremely enjoyable experience thus far!

I am 25 years old and live in Ontario, Canada. Great community so far and I look forward to becoming a part of it!

Cheers!
    Alex, welcome, it appears you have overcome your apprehensions and have gotten to heart of the experience, "enjoyment".
    Quote Originally Posted by bige610 View Post
    hey im erik. i love pipes and cigars. I live in northern illinois and work for the local township. hope to meet some friends here
    And a big welcome to you Erik, there are some grand people around here you will find very friendly.

"aspera! per aspera! per ardua! ad astra!"

Page 17 of 122 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 67 117 ... LastLast