Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 18 of 122 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 68 118 ... LastLast

Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

This is a discussion on Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself) within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Hello. I used to post here a while back under a different name but i got busy and stopped. Now ...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish rlaliberty's Avatar

Re: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

Hello. I used to post here a while back under a different name but i got busy and stopped. Now i dont remember that name!

Ive been smoking for a bit over a year now. Just got back into it after a mild hiatus. Celebrated with the purchase of a new pipe and some squadron leader and macbaren vanilla cream.

glad to be back!

Welcome back.
    Dale

A lot of new fellas lately. Welcome everyone!!
    A bad day hunting or fishing is better than a good day at work.

OK This site is seriously bad for me. While I haven't smoked a pipe yet, I do have a couple cobs and a Stanwell 186 on the way along with some assortments of tobacco... and maybe 1 or 2 or 3 estate pipes I just couldn't help bidding on while perusing e-bay. I haven't even started and I'm already falling. Your all bad bad people.

Oh yeah.. Hi! I'm Matt
    What's in my humidor?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Welcome to the other "slope", Matt! Let us know your thoughts once you start smoking.

A little advice...Have patience with the whole process until you get the hang of it.

Puffer Fish with some spikes dkbmusic's Avatar

Hey Guys,

I've been smoking cigars off and on for a couple of years, but didn't really get into it until earlier this year. Recently I've met lots of people that are into pipe smoking, and I knew it was just a matter of time until I joined the crowd. Last Thursday I joined the ranks of pipe smokers and jumped the slope with the purchase of a natural finished Nording and some free samples. Since then I've already purchased many more samples and several tins of tobacco.

I guess one slope just wasn't enough for me...
    Donovan Bankhead

Quote Originally Posted by IHT View Post
    edit: looks like this could be an "intro thread" for new members of the pipe forum. so, let's hear how you found us and a little bit about yourself.

[SIZE=1]--original post below--[/SIZE]
    okay, so over the past month we've seen a LARGE number of newer members show up to the ClubStogie pipe forum. not just new to smoking pipes that are longtime cigar smokers and current CS members, but new members here for the pipe section.

that's cool, no complaints here (i've been out of the loop a bit lately, haven't had time to ask)...

what i want to know is: WHY DID YOU ALL CHOOSE CLUBSTOGIE?
    are you members of another board and heard of this place and figured you'd take a look?
    were you lurkers and figured it was a nice enough place?

i'm curious, haven't seen this large of an influx of new members strictly for the pipe forum before.
    i'd like to know what we're doing right to draw you all here so we don't fluck it up in the future.
    A friend made me aware of this forum, we were both less then happy with the forum we had been members of. They tried there darndest to make one feel like an ******* if they didn't smoke certain pipe brands with certain tobaccos. Hey if I want to smoke "Carter Hall" in a cob, thats my business, just as if I enjoy smoking "Blue Grass Melody" in a E.A.Carey Magic inch or a Duncan Hill Aerosphere. Thanks for letting me vent.

Gene

Greatest of all Tree Art GreatBonsai's Avatar

I took an interest in Pipe smoking a few weeks ago, as kind of a way to relax at the end of a long week. So I started doing some searching on Google, and was led here. After perusing the Pipe boards (and finding the 'getting started' sticky... AMAZING), I decided to sign up! I have since bought a nameless briar pipe, along with a few samples of the "house blends" of tobacco where I got the pipe. Smoked my first bowl yesterday, and though I was constantly relighting, I found it to be a quite enjoyable experience. I just ordered a couple cobs and Dunhill 965, as I'm on an Air Force Base in the middle of nowhere, Missouri, and there aren't many shops near me. I think the closest is probably 45 mins to an hour away (Kansas City seems to be my best bet).

You've all been a great help so far, so thanks!

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Gentlemen...welcome to the Pipe Forums at Club Stogie!

Quote Originally Posted by Lt_Taz View Post
    A friend made me aware of this forum, we were both less then happy with the forum we had been members of. They tried there darndest to make one feel like an ******* if they didn't smoke certain pipe brands with certain tobaccos.
    welcome, LT Taz (gene).

Quote Originally Posted by GreatBonsai
    as I'm on an Air Force Base in the middle of nowhere, Missouri, and there aren't many shops near me. I think the closest is probably 45 mins to an hour away (Kansas City seems to be my best bet).
    the best one in KC is "Cigar & Tabac", which is just a block north of 435 off Metcalf Ave (which is southern KC, just on the KS side).
    great place for pipe smokers, tons of knowledge, great selection of pipes/tobaccos.

Young Puffer Fish joshmickelson's Avatar

hi everyone! Just registered on here. Seems like you all have a great community going on, I can’t wait to contribute more! My name is Josh and I am from Denver and have been smoking pipe for about 8 months, so am still a relative noobie. I own two Boswell pipes, a shot-shell sitter and a standard

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Welcome to the CS Pipe Forums, Josh!

Young Puffer Fish joshmickelson's Avatar

thanks!

Welcome Josh, I know that there a couple of mighty fine pipe smokers in your area. Glad you checked in.

"aspera! per aspera! per ardua! ad astra!"

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish rlaliberty's Avatar

welcome josh! nices pipe for a relative newbie.

Page 18 of 122 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 68 118 ... LastLast