Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 19 of 122 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 69 119 ... LastLast

Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

This is a discussion on Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself) within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Welcome aboard,Josh.You should enjoy your time here.Also enjoy the Boswell pipes.JM Makes great pipes at a good price.Also try his ...

Re: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

Welcome aboard,Josh.You should enjoy your time here.Also enjoy the Boswell pipes.JM Makes great pipes at a good price.Also try his tobacco blends top notch.

Alan

Young Puffer Fish joshmickelson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aehub39 View Post
    Welcome aboard,Josh.You should enjoy your time here.Also enjoy the Boswell pipes.JM Makes great pipes at a good price.Also try his tobacco blends top notch.

Alan

thanks, Alan! I really enjoy their blends as well, so far I have tried:

Christmas Cookie
    Madnum
    Paradise
    Backwoods
    True English
    Mild English
    Sweet Tea

good stuff!

Hello hello.

I'm kind of new to cigars and now I've picked up a pipe as part of my exploration of all things 'baccy. I just bought a couple cob pipes and a nice block meerschaum is on its way from Turkey, as well as a few suggested tobaccos from Pipe and Cigar.

Got a lot of good info here, and I hope to enjoy the art of pipe smoking with what I learn here as I've learned with cigar smoking.

Welcome to the pipe forum,Snake.No reason why you cant enjoy the pipe,Just take it slow,Pack the pipe loose and puff gently,Its a greaat way to relax and unwind.

Alan

Greatest of all Tree Art GreatBonsai's Avatar

Snake, being new here myself, I doubt you will find a more helpful bunch of people all in one place. Welcome to the forums!

Quote Originally Posted by GreatBonsai View Post
    Snake, being new here myself, I doubt you will find a more helpful bunch of people all in one place. Welcome to the forums!
    Indeed. I've been more than helped by the fine members here in the world of cigars, so there's no better place to go for pipe smokin', eh?

@aehub39
    Thanks, and I do find the pipe enjoyable so far. Right now I still prefer cigars, but once I learn how to do the pipe right, I'm sure I'll enjoy it much more. Gotta' start somewhere...

Young Puffer Fish

Hello all,

Nice looking digs you have here. I started with the pipe about 35 years ago. My dad was a pipe smoker and I picked up on this fine hobby from him. Like him I am a confirmed Kaywoodie fan and love the old Burleys that seemed to go with them (Prince Albert, Half & Half, and the soon to be gone Edgeworth RR'd). Unlike him I have access to so many fine pipes and tobaccos that the range has expanded greatly. I am finding new things to enjoy every day. I opened my first tin of Kingfisher this morning and I believe I have found another keeper. I smoke the "codger burleys" mentioned before as well as most anything McClelland (Personally I like that smell.) or Rattray, especially Old Gowrie.

I like the old burleys with my coffee first thing in the morning. After that I will generally have a Virginia going in the warmer months and go to something in the Balkan or English area when the rain and snow start to fall.

As for pipes, Kaywoodie, Peterson, BC, Mastro, Stanwell, and a few others. (Hovering at about 60 pipes now.) As far as shapes go I have a bit of a variety but am developing a special fondness for the Canadian and poker shapes.

I am a life long resident of Oregon and never had any great desire to change that.

So there you have it. Thanks for letting me play in your yard.
    Jim

"People are entitled to their own opinions, they are not entitled to their own facts." (Vincent Bugliosi)

Welcome Jim, great intro!
    Dale

Full grown Puffer Fish

New to Pipes and liking it tons!
    I got Peterson yesterday...

Along with Mac Baren Vanilla Cream.

I'm planing on getting a I.M.P. Meerschaum in a week with some Maltese falcon.

Cigars kind of went on hold for a little while

Cheers

Testing

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Crunkleton View Post
    Testing

Welcome to Club Stogie!

I sent you a pm to help you out.

kvm
    Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes kvm's Avatar

Welcome to CS and the pipe forums to all the new members.
    "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

"The truly great are never deterred by the truth!" - Anon-y-mouse

Hey there; I'm a brand new pipe smoker. I picked up my first ever pipe this week from J.M. Boswell's and I can't begin to tell you how relaxing and enjoyable this is.

It's a great opportunity to sit outside and enjoy a summer evening. My pipe is a hand-made Boswell briar, a small entry-level piece, but I'm sure I'll be considering my next purchase as well, particularly since I've read aromatics shouldn't be mixed with other tobaccos.

I'm even already starting to build up a nice cake!

Welcome, Crunkleton (cool name).

"Entry Level" briars are often just as good as "high end" pipes. If the pipe is made properly, it should smoke very well. While I'm personally not a fan of the majority of the designs/shapes that Boswell puts out, I hear they smoke great, and are very reasonably priced.
    I smoke a number of "entry level" pipes, from cheap Sasieni's, to low-level Savinelli's, to old and used Stanwell's.

You are correct about smoking different types of blends in different briars, otherwise you'll get "ghosting" flavors.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Welcome to Club Stogie., Crunkleton.

I like saying the name "Crunkleton".
    Cobs are nice too... especially for the price!
    Hope you enjoy it here!

Page 19 of 122 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 69 119 ... LastLast