Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 122 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

This is a discussion on Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself) within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; This forum was linked from Pipes.org...

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Re: Pipe Forum - influx of new members?

This forum was linked from Pipes.org

Drifted down from the Cigar forums. Hadn't messed with a pipe in decades. I was a cigarette smoker back then and just couldn't appreciate what a pipe had to offer. Stopped smoking cigarettes about a decade back. Smoked occasional cheap mini-mart cigars from time to time. Got into premium cigars last year when introduced to them and finally understood why people smoke premium cigars.

So, after learning enough about cigars here at CS to be dangerous and go my own way, I stopped here and got into the pipe thing too. I now own four briars and two corncobs. I've got enough pipe tobacco laid in for a while.

I like VA, Va/Pers, burley, and some of the aromatics. (Rum and Maple for example.) Haven't developed at taste for Lakita. Not to surprising as I haven't developed a liking to cigars over medium strength/flavor.

Glad to meet everyone here and learn about this passion.
    Luck is my middle name," said Rincewind, indistinctly. "Mind you, my first name is Bad."
    -- (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish JacksonCognac's Avatar

Cool Re: Pipe Forum - influx of new members?

When I first got into pipes a couple years ago I was on another pipe site that was heavily moderated. While it had some good info on it, it was very slow. I'm a young guy and forum whore in general so waiting a day or whatever to see new posts didn't really do it for me (people who smoke pipes are generally pretty well behaved to begin with, I didn't see the point to that sort of moderation).

Anyhow when I started taking pipes back up again a few months ago I was looking for a new forum to satisfy my cravings for pipe content. I stumbled across this one and I liked how things worked so here I am. I've checked out a few other pipe forums and I liked them, but I think CS will be my "home board" so to speak.

So kudos to the CS pipe forum - I think we have a winner.
    The two eleven mark, based on the medival symbol for steel, appears only on Steel Reserve® high gravity lager. We use nearly twice the ingredients of many normal lagers & brew for over twice as long as many quality beers.

I get a monthly commission from Greg to come visit every once in awhile.
    [size=1]ShackHerf.com [/size]| [size=1]Cigar reviews & ratings[/size] | [size=1]Cigar accessories[/size] | [size=1]Humidity Beads [/size]

Quote Originally Posted by tzilt View Post
    Well, I joined in November but as I recall I randomly found CS while googling for pipe websites. I found a couple other pipe forums as well but this one looked to be the most active and had a nice looking interface. I perused some of the posts and it seemed like a friendly place so I joined.
    Word for word what I would say. Even the joining in November.

I have been here awhile. Was introduced to CS by cre8tv1(Brad) for the cigar aspect but wandered on down here. The interaction is great and it is kinda nice to be "in the know" instead of "that whippersnapper who thinks he knows about tobacco".
    Good judgement comes from experience and
    a lotta' that comes from bad judgement.

IHT

Quote Originally Posted by Thillium View Post
    This forum was linked from Pipes.org
    really?
    it's been a few years since i wandered over there.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddziLLa View Post
    I get a monthly commission from Greg to come visit every once in awhile.

yep, todd, you've got some serious pull. just this post of yours by itself probably drew another 57 views to this topic.

_____----_____

well, i started on pipe smoking back in the later 90s (like '97 or so). i had just gotten my first 'puter in Feb '97, and hopped online for football/fantasy football stuff/forums. didn't think about pipe forums, then got into cigars in '01 or so... saw how much $$$ i was spending, knew that i enjoyed relaxing with a pipe or cigar, decided to come back strictly to pipes in mid '05 (i think). around that time, there was a current moving with some members here who also smoked pipes, so i told pds (admin/owner) that i'd mod it since i was the only mod at the time who i knew of that smoked pipes.
    i have learned a ton from all the members here, it's great.
    Last edited by IHT; 01-20-2008 at 09:49 PM.
    "To be second guessed, you have to be the first guesser."

I was corrupted from the cigar forum side. Although I mostly lurk. :P
    Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adaquately explained by stupidity.

IHT

ps - this won't remain a sticky. i just wanted to find out what was going on the past 2-3 months that we were gaining so many new members. not just new pipers that were cigar smokers on CS, but totally new CS members here just for the pipe section.
    hope to get some more of the newer guys/gals to chime in.

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Quote Originally Posted by IHT View Post
    ps - this won't remain a sticky. i just wanted to find out what was going on the past 2-3 months that we were gaining so many new members. not just new pipers that were cigar smokers on CS, but totally new CS members here just for the pipe section.
    hope to get some more of the newer guys/gals to chime in.
    Why not leave it sticky and make it the introduction thread, so we don't get flooded with those?

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Mad Hatter's Avatar

I've been doing a lot of searches lately: cigars and pipe tobaccos by name. CS threads regularly show up in the first ten or twenty listings using the Yahoo search engine
    MOO spelled up-side-down and backwards is OOW

IHT

Quote Originally Posted by SAjunidog View Post
    Why not leave it sticky and make it the introduction thread, so we don't get flooded with those?
    eh... we can roll with that, i guess. see how it goes.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Papichulo's Avatar

Re: Pipe Forum: influx of new members (introduce yourself)

Hi BOTLs and SOTLS! Today is my ONE YEAR CLUB STOGIE ANNIVERSARY!!
    w00t w00t! It has been a great year. I have been smoking cigars for 15 years now. I even sold cigars for a couple years to high end resorts, bars and supper clubs in Phoenix. I fell down this pipe slope this past fall and I hit hard. I already have over a dozen pipes, some fine, some very old, and I have a few pipe guys to thank. People like Greg (IHT), DarreL (The Professor) and Reggie (Reggiebuckeye) for educating this gorilla. Reggie gave me a corn cob pipe bomb and it has been down hill since. I have both English and Italian pipes, but perfer Italian. I am a big fan of Savinelli Punto Oro line, but I am really into Amorelli pipes.
    Chao!

Puffer Fish with some spikes Bridges's Avatar

I just recently picked up smoking cigars. I'd been smoking a pipe for a while. I was searching for info on cigars and found clubstogie. I joined for all the info on cigars then I found the pipe forum and realized I was home.
    "The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be."
    — John Gierach

I'm another that slide down the slope from the cigar side into pipes while already on the forum. Couldn't help it; the pipe was too tempting.

Noobs, go here: cigarbid.com

Page 2 of 122 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 102 ... LastLast