Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 20 of 122 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 70 120 ... LastLast
Results 286 to 300 of 1824

Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

This is a discussion on Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself) within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; I'll try and post a picture of it; it's actually a pretty classic design. Nothing too unusual or over-the-top for ...

  
  1. #286

    Young Puffer Fish Crunkleton's Avatar


     

    Re: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

    I'll try and post a picture of it; it's actually a pretty classic design. Nothing too unusual or over-the-top for my first go at it, but I think my next one will be a bit quirkier.

    Thanks for the welcome!

  2. #287

    Ask me why I dinged Black Mister Moo's Avatar


     

    Re: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lt_Taz View Post
    ...They tried there darndest to make one feel like an *******...
    Welcome all you many new guys; it's great to see interest from so many folks. This really is a great community and I am personally committed not to make anyone feel like an ******* until they've been here at least six or seven weeks. Lt. Taz, Crunks, 'bonsai, Big'610, ross'och, r'iberty, Ormonster, dkb', tzaddi, josh.. all y'all - nice to see you here improving the forum and furthering your enjoyment of the pipe at the same time.

    No question to small - no question too large... if you tried the search function first.
    Last edited by Mister Moo; 07-18-2008 at 07:24 PM.
    "But with a little bit of luck You'll run amok!"

  3. #288

    Pipe Smokin' Piranha DSturg369's Avatar


     

    Re: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

    Welcome aboard Crunkleton.!!
    Dale

  4. #289

    No longer a community member.


     

    Re: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

    Hi fellow briar smokers I have just joined this forum and have been smoking pipes for some time.

    I just wanted to share with you that my new Don Carlos smokes like a dream (just smoked it 3 times, so it is not broken in yet). It really shows GREAT potential.

    My other two pipes is a stanvell hca2 polished, and a featherweight 245 rusticated, both good smokers.

    I am a huge fan of virginias
    Last edited by DonCarlos; 07-24-2008 at 07:35 AM. Reason: adding info

  5. #290

    Pipe Smokin' Piranha DSturg369's Avatar


     

    Re: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

    Quote Originally Posted by DonCarlos View Post
    Hi fellow briar smokers I have just joined this forum and have been smoking pipes for some time.

    I just wanted to share with you that my new Don Carlos smokes like a dream (just smoked it 3 times, so it is not broken in yet). It really shows GREAT potential.

    My other two pipes is a stanvell hca2 polished, and a featherweight 245 rusticated, both good smokers.

    Welcome to the Pipe Forum DonCarlos. Hope you can visit often and share in the fun!!

    Dale

  6. #291

    No longer a community member.


     

    Re: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

    Thank you. I have read/browsed through most posts already, really alot of great information.

  7. #292

    Leading Puffer Fish DubintheDam's Avatar


     

    Re: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Moo View Post
    Welcome all you many new guys; it's great to see interest from so many folks. This really is a great community and I am personally committed not to make anyone feel like an ******* until they've been here at least six or seven weeks. Lt. Taz, Crunks, 'bonsai, Big'610, ross'och, r'iberty, Ormonster, dkb', tzaddi, josh.. all y'all - nice to see you here improving the forum and furthering your enjoyment of the pipe at the same time.

    No question to small - no question too large... if you tried the search function first.
    Mr Moo permit me to steal your glory...I couldn't put it better myself...welcome everyone to the best pipe club on the web!

  8. #293

    Newbie in the ocean wicklow83's Avatar


     

    Re: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

    I heard about Club Stogie on a You Tube video. The guy was talking about some estate pipes he had purchased on ebay. Thought I would check it out, and was glad I did.

    As for me, I started smoking a pipe at 21. A friend of mine (also part of the young pipe smoker revolution) got me interested. When we would sit around at the cigar store, he would light up his pipe after a cigar or two. It seemed like there was more to it than I had noticed before, but I enjoy my pipe now about as often as I smoke cigars. My favorite places to smoke are while camping, and behind the office with the guys on break.

    I really like the wealth of information this site has, especially the thread on Pipe Smoking 101. I still consider myself a novice pipe smoker (going on 5 years), and I'm always looking for insight from those who have smoked before me.

    Just bought my first Peterson (which I consider my first good quality pipe), and get to have the pleasure of breaking her in as soon as Thompson Cigar ships her out. I started out with a generic cheap-o from the local cigar shop, and it has been a learning experience along the way.

    Hope to read many more interesting posts from this site, and look forward to talking with fellow pipe enthusiasts.

    Eric
    Perrysburg, Ohio

  9. #294

    Leading Puffer Fish DubintheDam's Avatar


     

    Re: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

    Quote Originally Posted by wicklow83 View Post
    I heard about Club Stogie on a You Tube video. The guy was talking about some estate pipes he had purchased on ebay. Thought I would check it out, and was glad I did.

    As for me, I started smoking a pipe at 21. A friend of mine (also part of the young pipe smoker revolution) got me interested. When we would sit around at the cigar store, he would light up his pipe after a cigar or two. It seemed like there was more to it than I had noticed before, but I enjoy my pipe now about as often as I smoke cigars. My favorite places to smoke are while camping, and behind the office with the guys on break.

    I really like the wealth of information this site has, especially the thread on Pipe Smoking 101. I still consider myself a novice pipe smoker (going on 5 years), and I'm always looking for insight from those who have smoked before me.

    Just bought my first Peterson (which I consider my first good quality pipe), and get to have the pleasure of breaking her in as soon as Thompson Cigar ships her out. I started out with a generic cheap-o from the local cigar shop, and it has been a learning experience along the way.

    Hope to read many more interesting posts from this site, and look forward to talking with fellow pipe enthusiasts.

    Eric
    Perrysburg, Ohio
    Welcome Eric...to our happy jungle...love your forum name Wicklow83...my Dad's family are from Wicklow Ireland. It's a small world.

  10. #295

    Pipe Smokin' Piranha DSturg369's Avatar


     

    Re: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

    Welcome to the CS Pipe Forums Eric.

    I hope ypou can visit often and post your heart's content. Also, congrats on the Peterson.
    Dale

  11. #296

    Elder Puffer Fish Leader


     

    Re: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

    Hey Eric, nice introduction...'sneakin' out the back for a smoke with the boys', huh.

    Glad you found our little section of Club Stogie.

    I hope you enjoy it here and make yourself at home...Welcome!
    Last edited by Blaylock; 07-26-2008 at 07:02 AM.

  12. #297

    Full grown Puffer Fish motortown's Avatar


     

    Re: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

    I've been meaning to drop in and let you guys know that I'm okay and still breathing (and still working on a little of that tasty-tasty Newbie Sampler that Hollywood dropped on me back around holiday-time... thanks again, Dave! )

    Life has been anything but boring since then (would we have it any other way?). I had a little routine surgery in mid-Jan, and the recovery was a bit longer than expected. More of a necessary nuisance than anything else, and it had to be done.

    Other than that, I've just been slammed with work. Put it this way...I live in South Eastern Michigan. We're all working twice as hard to make the same amount that we're normally used to making. I just feel very fortunate to be in a career field that I love, even though it's cyclical.

    I haven't been picking up my new pipes as much during the warmer months. We had a pretty cool and wet June, though, which made for some nice smoking on my partially covered deck (I wonder what my neighbors think...nah!). I have to head to Chicago a couple of times over the next couple of months, and will finally be able to hit Iwan Ries. That should get me rollin' again!!

    Sorry for rambling, guys... but I haven't been around for six months or so. One of the brothers was kind enough to pm a while back to check in (and yes, I still owe you a phone call), and I've been meaning to drop in ever since. Things are looking good, and I hope everyone is doing well.

    Oh, and Greg... the "former" Mrs. Motortown was back ... briefly... and yeah, nothing's changed!!!!

  13. #298

    Young Puffer Fish


     

    Re: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

    Quote Originally Posted by wicklow83 View Post

    I still consider myself a novice pipe smoker (going on 5 years), and I'm always looking for insight from those who have smoked before me.

    Eric
    Perrysburg, Ohio

    Eric, I have been at this for 35 years give or take, still learning something new most every day.
    Jim

    "People are entitled to their own opinions, they are not entitled to their own facts." (Vincent Bugliosi)

  14. #299

    just like my tobacco Spongy's Avatar


     

    Re: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

    Quote Originally Posted by Highstump View Post
    Eric, I have been at this for 35 years give or take, still learning something new most every day.
    i must have missed your intro. the name is familiar from "BoB", welcome to CS.

  15. #300

    Full grown Puffer Fish atlacatl's Avatar


     

    Re: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

    I guess I should have started here. Well, I've been smoking cigars for about 8 years already and never really took much interest in the pipe. (other than a Hookah) Very recently I decided to venture out and began reading a lot of posts in the pipe forum. My interest grew and a few days later I drove to a local B&M and bought my first pipe. I also got a couple of ounces of flavored tobacco, (one of which I dare not try because it is cherry flavored, I think I'll use it to make my car smell good). I made a couple of purchases from pipesandcigars, and frenchy's. I then tried the Dunhill 965 and thought this is what I'm looking for. I recently got involved in the Newbie sampler trade and got some reat smelling tobacco from Root (thanks Root, for getting me started in the right direction). I look forward to learning alot from you all!!!
    Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit

Page 20 of 122 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 70 120 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •