Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 23 of 122 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 73 ... LastLast

Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

This is a discussion on Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself) within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; OK time for a new slope.. I'm going to call this my first official post in the Pipe Forum. My ...

I smoke sub $7.00 cigars JaKaAch's Avatar

Re: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

OK time for a new slope..
    I'm going to call this my first official post in the Pipe Forum.

My name is Jeff, and I have been a member of Club Stogie for almost two years now. I have been reading and learning a lot from all the great threads and stickies in the Club Stogie Pipe Forum.

When it come to pipes and pipe tobacco I'm definitely a newbie. My pipe collection has quickly grown to about 12 pipes. Most of them are from ebay. I did pick up 4 from an estate sale yesterday, two are meers, my first meers. I guess my pipe buying tends to parallel my cigar buying style, good smokes for great prices.

Hope to join in on the Pipe forum fun and meet more BOTL's. Plus learn more about pipes and pipe tobacco.

Thanks brothers and sisters of the leaf.
    Jeff
    I want to die in my sleep like Grandpa, Not screaming in terror like his passengers!!

Welcome to another obsession Jeff. I didn't know you had stuck with the pipe. If you've got 12 already you must be enjoying yourself.
    But real men--real men prefer their women like pipes. They knock them gently and care for them always. No man shares his pipes!!!

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Hi folks,

My first post, I am new pipesmoker! Acctually I had a go at it before but I guess I wasnt ready for pipesmoking then... Im an ex ciggie smoker that really hates addiction! Last time I bought a starters set I did what Bill Clinton never did, and that made me dissapointed with myself. So I got rid of the W Larsen bent and baccy I had. Ive promised myslef not to inhale since I quit ciggies many years ago.

Still, pipes has allways fascinated me, and many of the people smoking them! I often find myself cruising the pipe related pages on the internet. As I have learnt more and more I decided to try again, now a few years later. I dont inhale now, never will again!

Currently I own one Nrding yearpipe of 1998, that I got today, its near mint. And an old Stanwell bent, plus, also an estate find, an old Hilson bent, that is very square and has rustication all over. Most would say its ugly but im starting to like it.

Im a crafty person so im looking into making my own pipes. For me the pipe is a very buetiful and relaxing artifact to use. Tending a fire is somethig that we have with us from our forefathers I belive. And the sucking motion is a human instinct. I dont think anything can be more relaxing than this!

Welcome to CS, Phlegmatic!!
    Dale

Quote Originally Posted by Highstump View Post
    Hey, I know you. Good to see you again Jim.
    Highstump! hey you are a worldly gentleman, I must say Good to see ya!

Quote Originally Posted by Phlegmatic View Post
    Hi folks,

My first post, I am new pipesmoker! Acctually I had a go at it before but I guess I wasnt ready for pipesmoking then... Im an ex ciggie smoker that really hates addiction! Last time I bought a starters set I did what Bill Clinton never did, and that made me dissapointed with myself. So I got rid of the W Larsen bent and baccy I had. Ive promised myslef not to inhale since I quit ciggies many years ago.

Still, pipes has allways fascinated me, and many of the people smoking them! I often find myself cruising the pipe related pages on the internet. As I have learnt more and more I decided to try again, now a few years later. I dont inhale now, never will again!

Currently I own one Nrding yearpipe of 1998, that I got today, its near mint. And an old Stanwell bent, plus, also an estate find, an old Hilson bent, that is very square and has rustication all over. Most would say its ugly but im starting to like it.

Im a crafty person so im looking into making my own pipes. For me the pipe is a very buetiful and relaxing artifact to use. Tending a fire is somethig that we have with us from our forefathers I belive. And the sucking motion is a human instinct. I dont think anything can be more relaxing than this!
    You gave away your W.O.Larson??????
    tsk, tsk,tsk. Anyway, if you ever go to Tampa, call the Cristom or Thomas Crsitiano factory and ask them if you could visit. Tell them Jim Bennington sent you. They are a very warm and welcoming Italian family. Good luck with the pipe making.

Young Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by jbennin314 View Post
    Highstump! hey you are a worldly gentleman, I must say Good to see ya!
    Not really all that worldly, I lead a fairly dull life and have a lot of computer time on my hands.
    Jim

"People are entitled to their own opinions, they are not entitled to their own facts." (Vincent Bugliosi)

Puffer Fish with some spikes

You gave away your W.O.Larson??????
    <!-- / message -->
    Yes i now regret I dont have the W O Larsen, it was very nice!

Anyway, if you ever go to Tampa, call the Cristom or Thomas Crsitiano factory and ask them if you could visit. Tell them Jim Bennington sent you. They are a very warm and welcoming Italian family. Good luck with the pipe making.
    Thank you!

I'm not exactly new and im sure there are still people here that remember me. I'm about to head back to motown and get back into my pipes, so Im going to try to be at least semi active on here again. Sure itll take me a while to catch up with everything.
    “I like women. I don't understand them, but I like them.” - Sean Connery

Quick intro on the pipe side of CS.

I'm Scott from Central New Jersey. Long time cigar smoker but getting more and more interested in smoking a pipe. Placed an order with Frenchy's and signed up for the NPS sampler. Still doin my homework and boy do I have a lot to learn!

Quote Originally Posted by skullnrose View Post
    Quick intro on the pipe side of CS.

I'm Scott from Central New Jersey. Long time cigar smoker but getting more and more interested in smoking a pipe. Placed an order with Frenchy's and signed up for the NPS sampler. Still doin my homework and boy do I have a lot to learn!
    Well, that's a healthy attitude welcome to the lower east side of CS.

"aspera! per aspera! per ardua! ad astra!"

Seems I've missed a LOT of newcomers, so..........

Welcome Aboard to Everyone!!!!
    Dale

Old Gorilla gone Puffer dustinhayden's Avatar

I'm Dustin. I'm in the AF and currently living in SC. Been smoking stogies for 2 years and getting interested in pipe smoking. I've been checking out Frenchy's site and currently reviewing the following thread:

http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/showthread.php?t=175150

There's more to this than I expected. I'll post what I plan on buying so I can get everyone's opinion before I take the plunge! Looking forward to interacting with the pipe smokers on here!
    "A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses."
    -- Anonymous

Old Gorilla gone Puffer dustinhayden's Avatar

Here's what I'm thinking about getting:

http://www.frenchyspipes.com/index.php?show_cart=yes

What do y'all think?
    "A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses."
    -- Anonymous

Young Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by dustinhayden View Post
    Here's what I'm thinking about getting:

http://www.frenchyspipes.com/index.php?show_cart=yes

What do y'all think?
    I think there are no items in my cart.
    Jim

"People are entitled to their own opinions, they are not entitled to their own facts." (Vincent Bugliosi)

Page 23 of 122 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 73 ... LastLast