Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 25 of 122 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 75 ... LastLast

Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

This is a discussion on Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself) within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by cpk Hello everyone, I am new to the pipe! I am all ready sliding down the slope. ...

Old Gorilla gone Puffer dustinhayden's Avatar

Re: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

Quote Originally Posted by cpk View Post
    Hello everyone, I am new to the pipe! I am all ready sliding down the slope. I started with a cob and now am buying some estates. I am having a great time trying different tobacco's. I am also a cigar smoker and find the advantage going to the pipe at times. Thanks for a great forum.

Joe
    Welcome aboard, Joe! I'm a cigar and pipe smoker, too.
    "A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses."
    -- Anonymous

Hi everyone. I joined CS as a newb cigar smoker, but I'm also a pipe smoker. Honestly, I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I'm not sure how long I've been smoking pipes - somewhere around five years. I live in Tempe, Az.

Between pipes, motorcycling and, now, cigars, my wallet always seems to be a little too thin! Alas.

-Steve

No longer a community member.

Welcome to the jungle, guys.

Possum on a gumbush! andrewsutherland2002's Avatar

Hello all. Been on CS since February, love cigars, and am now interested in trying out some pipe tobacco. Never have so far, but looks like something to expand my hobby. Hope to check back in the pipe forums soon.

Hi Everyone!!

Been at CS for a month now and decided to say hi here. Actually I have smoked a pipe much longer than cigars, now I am loving both. I'm in the market for my first real good pipe.

So I just wanted to say hi from Memphis Tn.

-Dan

I suppose counting "Posts" is ok when your young, but when your my age, the only real counting I do is my "Blessings"
    [SIZE=2]Click Here 2 See My Grand Kids In Action![/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Quote Originally Posted by andrewsutherland2002 View Post
    Hello all.... Hope to check back in the pipe forums soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Dano View Post
    Hi Everyone!!

So I just wanted to say hi from Memphis Tn.

-Dan

Welcome to the Pipe Forums at Club Stogie, gentlemen!

Out for Much Needed Smoke PipesandGOP's Avatar

glad to see you guys on here, dont be strangers because well.. if u are this happens-
    Oppressors begin to tyrannize only when they acheive the installation and blackmailing of their own government officials, the facade of a free press (though privately owned), and an all too believing populace.- Mad Hatter
    Member of The Savage Nation

Puffer Fish with some spikes :eevis's Avatar

Hey all, I still haven't started down the slope, but I am considering it. I remember my great uncle smoking a pipe until the day he died, and the smell of a pope just seems very relaxing to me. I have been smoking cigars for about a year now, and since i joined CS, i have been finding myself lurking on the Pipe forum more and more. I was just wondering if anybody had any suggestions of how i could get started on the slope. Any help or ideas would be a great start.
    THanks,
    Leevis

Ya can't stop the Juggernaut!!

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Quote Originally Posted by :eevis View Post
    Hey all, I still haven't started down the slope... but I was just wondering if anybody had any suggestions of how i could get started on the slope. Any help or ideas would be a great start.
    THanks,
    Leevis
    Welcome to the Pipe Forums, eevis!

If I were starting out, I'd pick up a couple of Corn Cobs and some sample blends at my local tobacco shop. This will give you a cheap introduction to pipe smoking. Talk to someone who is hopefully knowledgeable and "pick their brain" for advice. I'd focus on the techniques required for smoking a pipe...drying, packing, lighting, puffing and tamping. It takes time to get used to pipe smoking before you really start to appreciate it. There are many good topics in this forum which will help you, so I'd do some research along the way.

I'd also get involved in the NST for Pipes found in the WTS/B/T Pipe Stuff Forum. You'll hook up with an experienced pipe smoker who will send you several samples to try.

Good luck and please ask if you have any questions!

Welcome guys,
    This is a really nice place to be. Best thing is to ask as many questions as you like. We've all been there.
    Jim

I feel bad to never actually posting to this thread even though I've read all the replies.

My warmest welcome to all new members of the pipe forum, I hope we can help you as much as the forum has helped me.

Hello :

My name is alex and i have been on the cigar side of things till now .. i just got pushed down the pipe slope much to my enjoyment. I am very new to pipes and now i can say that i have an addtional vice. Please feel free to drop me any hints to make the slope as steep as possible .. thanks in advance ... Alex .
    Life is tuff when you are the high priest of the church of the painfull truth

Puffer Fish with some spikes :eevis's Avatar

Thanks for the info. I will certainly check out the NST for Pipes once the wifes student loan check comes in

Ya can't stop the Juggernaut!!

Hello,
    I'm a cigar smoker who recently converted to pipes. I held off trying them for the longest time due to fear of being ridiculed by friends, but one day I came across a shop selling pipes and I had to give in. I'm glad I did. I'm enjoying the learning process and it's a nice change from cigars. Hope to learn more here.

-Cheroot
    A witty saying proves nothing. -Mark Twain

Leading Puffer Fish DubintheDam's Avatar

Welcome all, too many to mention...you're in good campany.

Page 25 of 122 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 75 ... LastLast