Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 26 of 122 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 76 ... LastLast

Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

This is a discussion on Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself) within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Hello all! My names Dan and im new to pipe smoking. I have smoked cigars for awhile now. So far ...

Young Puffer Fish

Re: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

Hello all! My names Dan and im new to pipe smoking. I have smoked cigars for awhile now. So far I really enjoy pipe smoking. I have a cob and just orded some tobacco from 4noggins. got the christmas blend to try out.

Hello everyone; well i've been smoking cigars for a year now and decided to try pipes within the last month. I already have 10 pipes (cobs and estates) and have been to Iwan Ries in Chicago (It's just a train ride away.)

I found myself watching DubintheDam and labsix's youtube videos before i even bought a pipe; as i find it's best to study before imersing oneself into something.

Anyway i'm happy to be here and know i'll learn much.

Newbie in the ocean coockie monster's Avatar

Hello,
    My name is Davy and I'm new to pipe smoking. I bought a falcon pipe about a year ago and tried it. I was very disappointed...
    Now a year later, i purchased a few cobs and some better quality tabacco and I'm getting the hang of it.
    I'm still looking for a good tobacco store here in Belgium, but for the time being, I order tobacco online. Shipment from the US to Belgium costs quite a bit...

Happy puffin' to all!

No longer a community member.

Welcome, welcome one and all to the pipe corner of club stogie.

Considering taking the plunge. Going to my B&M this weekend for a RP event, may pick up the gear needed.

Will follow the advice and go low end to start though.

We'll see, been curious about what happens in this part of the site anyway.

Will be scanning the posts and looking for all the tips that I missed when I started cigars. I found CS about 2 months too late.

Young Puffer Fish

Hello all. I am new to this forum (and pipe smoking) and was happy to find it. It looks like a great site and appears to have a wealth of information. I have chosen a churchwarden for my first pipe, and love it. After watching the Lord of the Ring films, I developed an interest with long-stemmed pipes, and was happy to see that they exist outside of Hollywood. I am in the process of trying different tobaccos, and at this time, I have to give the edge to Prince Albert. Being new to pipes, I like how PA stays lit and gives lots of creamy, white smoke. Carter Hall is very similar. Other brands like Borkum-Riff are good to, but I am struggling with keeping them lit. I don't mind re-lighting, but I am having to relight almost constantly with some brands, almost to the point where it takes the enjoyment out of smoking.

I look forward to staying in touch and participating in some threads. I am looking forward to it.

Ok, I went to the RP event today and loaded up, but I got my first pipe tobaccy too.

I should start by saying all they had was told to be the "national brands". No house blends so I am guessing this stuff is pretty lame.

Paladin Black Cherry and Borkum Riff Bourbon Whiskey.

Haven't tried them yet, but they both smell good.

My question is this, are these going to be like smoking a Swisher or are they a decent pipe smoke?

Just trying to gauge what I should expect.

Hi all,
    I started off with cigars, but after joining this forum was intrigued by pipes. One day, by chance, I walked across a store (in China of all places) selling pipes. Picked one up for about $15. Once I got back to the US, I went to the local tobacconist and picked up some aromatics based on the owner's recommendations. Been hooked since. Love the fact that pipe smoking is much cheaper cigars. Hope to learn more.

-Cheroot
    A witty saying proves nothing. -Mark Twain

Gig

Hi folks,

I just joined this forum the other day. My name is Gig and some of you may know me from other pipe forums. I'm Australian and live in the biggest inland country town in the state of New South Wales called Wagga Wagga. I'm 48 years old, married for 15 years and have 2 children. I'm a College School teacher and enjoy Fly fishing, fly tying and making pipes. I have been smoking now for almost a year and still trying to find a tobacco I would smoke all day. I have yet to try a tobbacco that I want to smoke twice in a row yet so my search continues. I own pipes made by Dr Grabow, Falcon, Peterson and Cavicchi and continually on the search for estate pipes. My wife, Jenny calls me obsessive and I may have to agree with her

I'm rambling on now so I hope to participate when I can and learn off the more experienced
    Regards [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gig

Quote Originally Posted by Gig View Post
    My name is Gig and some of you may know me from other pipe forums. I'm Australian and live in the biggest inland country town in the state of New South Wales called Wagga Wagga.
    welcome to the forum.

the town i live in has a big sign that says your city is our "sister city" in Australia.

Hello
    My name is Damian. I have been smoking a pipe for around 6 months now. I found this forum and have been reading it for a month or so and decided Id register and join in. Alot of great info here I wish I wouldve found it before I started it would have saved me many bad smokes.
    A long life may not be good enough, but a good life is long enough.

Welcome to the pipe, all ye newbies. Now light up and read up on all the stickies up thar.
    Ron aka RJ aka RJPuffs
    --
    Old age isn't too bad, when you consider the alternative.

Newbie in the ocean

Hi all,

Finally registered after lurking about for a while. There's so much knowledge to be found here, glad I'm finally part of the community. I picked up my first pipe (a Grabow) and a pouch of CB Cherry a few months ago. It only took about 1/4 bowl before I decided to dispatch the pouch of Cherry to the firepit in my backyard. I knew there had to be more to it than that, and thus began my search for pipe knowledge. I've since purchased a few more pipes as well as some tobaccos I've really enjoyed (Maltese Falcon and MacB's Club Blend come to mind). Looking forward to 'hanging out' with rest of you.

Newbie in the ocean

I am a big cigar smoker and only recently have started to smoke a pipe, (to my wife's horror). Personally what has drawn me to smoking a pipe was the beauty of the hand carved pipe. What keeps me smoking is the wonderful pipe tobaccos that are out there.

Newbie in the ocean

Hey Guys,

My name is Dan and I've been smoking cigars for about three years now. A friend just recently gave me a pipe so i'm going to give this a shot. Hopefully this will be as satisfying as I've heard. Now I just need to find a nice pipe.

Page 26 of 122 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 76 ... LastLast