Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 28 of 122 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 78 ... LastLast

Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

This is a discussion on Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself) within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Welcome aboard, Bear. Good to have you here....

No longer a community member.

Re: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

Welcome aboard, Bear. Good to have you here.

Newbie in the ocean

Hello from N. California. I've been smoking pipes seriously since March and own 6-7 pipes(excluding cobs).

Young Puffer Fish

Bear, I have those same two cobs. You also made a great choice in tobacco to go with the cob. There is nothing quite like burley in a cob.
    Jim

"People are entitled to their own opinions, they are not entitled to their own facts." (Vincent Bugliosi)

Newbie in the ocean

Hey there, been smoking a pipe about a year somewhat sporadically. Still haven't quite got the hang of it, haha. Started out with cigars, and occasionally still enjoy one, but the graduation to pipes was somewhat inevitable.

From SC, but am currently displaced to MI for school.

Currently only have a cheap czech pipe, but I'm thinking about a Peterson.

Over all, glad to be here! I've already learned a lot just lurking.

No longer a community member.

Well, I don't have my pipe yet, but it's waiting for me at the B&M to pick up in a couple days.

My name is Tim, I'm brand new to pipes, so bear with my stupid noob questions

Re: Pipe Forum - influx of new members?

My name is Dan, and I have an old corn cob pipe.

Young Fish

Hi all,

My Name is Bryan, from Pennington Gap, VA.

I bought my first pipe 15 years ago when I was 17. I have dabbled on and off since then sometimes going months between smokes.

My current collection is of about a dozen pipes and today I should recieve a new Wiley Freehand. Needless to say I am quite excited and intend to smoke a little more often(daily) in order to justify this ambitious purchase.

I am glad I found this board.

-Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by joshmickelson View Post
    hi everyone! Just registered on here. Seems like you all have a great community going on, I can’t wait to contribute more! My name is Josh and I am from Denver and have been smoking pipe for about 8 months, so am still a relative noobie. I own two Boswell pipes, a shot-shell sitter and a standard
    I have to start checking this thread more often... Welcome to the CS pipe forum Josh! There is a great bunch of local guys (mostly cigar smokers) here in Denver & you are more than welcome to join us. PM sent

I've been a member here at CS for about a year and have been smoking cigars for maybe a year and a half. I was recently gifted a MM cob and a tin of unopened, 5 year cellared Hamborger Veermaster by two members of another (non-tobacco) forum I frequent. A few days ago I finally had a chance to try this pipe thing out and, while I've only smoked two bowls, I find it to be so different in just about every regard to cigars. This is not a bad thing. I now love them both and considering that my cigar purchases have been put on a strict hold (looking to buy 1st home in ~6 months), the cost effectiveness of the pipe is very attractive!
    Cory

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ask me why I dinged Black Mister Moo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hardcz View Post
    My name is Dan, and I have an old corn cob pipe.
    Got Squadron Leader?
    "But with a little bit of luck You'll run amok!"

Hey all..........total newbie here........trying to switch from my namesake. Found this place by googling for information on how to fix up some old pipes. Right now I'm smoking Smokers Pride (Rum and Natural) in pipes I inherited from my Great Grandfather (they would date from the forties to late fifties, but he was a coal miner so there are no "high value" pieces here.) Mostly Kaywoodies and Grabows with a few unidentified.

Planning to have all the relatives give me tobacco for Xmas, so recomendations are welcome.......I was thinking Prince Albert, Half & Half and Carter Hall. ($15.00 is about right for these gifts........)

Anyhow........nice to meet ya.........

I desire macaroni picturs Vrbas's Avatar

^^^ Welcome . I'm still learning the ropes around here too. I'd recommend checking out the Newbie Trade if you want to get started w/ some tobacco samplers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrbas View Post
    ^^^ Welcome . I'm still learning the ropes around here too. I'd recommend checking out the Newbie Trade if you want to get started w/ some tobacco samplers.
    Thanks, but I don't seem to have permission to access that page.......perhaps when I have more posts.

Young Fish

Howdy from Georgia, names Drew.

I'm a newbie pipe smoker, tried pipe smoking a little while back and decided I like it. Got a few briar pipes and meer with a slightly charred rim (unsteady hand, heh).

Anywho found CS by searching for pipe forums and seeing whats out there, CS had the best layout and seemed pretty active, so I lurked for a bit and decided to join up.

Nice to meet you
    Last edited by DrewKP; 10-07-2008 at 09:36 PM.

IHT

Quote Originally Posted by zigaretten View Post
    Thanks, but I don't seem to have permission to access that page.......perhaps when I have more posts.
    you only need 3 more posts, for a total of 5. if that doesn't do it, it's been bumped up to 10. i'd just go post a couple of "nice review" type replies.

welcome to CSs pipe forum.

same for everyone i haven't said that to yet.
    "To be second guessed, you have to be the first guesser."

Page 28 of 122 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 78 ... LastLast